Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Doom Patrol TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    Thanks very much for this link.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m actually pretty worried about the Doom Patrol show after seeing the Titans trailer. It looked comedically bad. Plus the fact that Cyborg is going to be the person that brings the Doom Patrol together. A character who has had very little to do with the team throughout its history. Yes, Robotman was cast for the Titans episode but there has been no confirmation that he will be in the actual Doom Patrol show. I really hope they don’t replace Cliff with Cyborg. It would be terrible for both characters. Robotman gets the shaft and Cyborg is once again saddled with the role of “freak” and moves farther away from ever being a fun wish fulfillment hero.
    Dude, Robotman is in the damn show. How many times must that be said?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So what's the deal with Cyborg here? Was he a Titan? Was he a JL founder? Was he a Titan that graduated to the JLA? Is he working solo?
    in the 1980s, Marv Wolfman and George Perez created a new version of the Teen Titans, including some old members (Robin, Wonder Girl and Kid Flash) with Raven, Starfire, Cyborg and Changeling. Hence, Cyborg has a long history with the Titans. He has none with the Doom Patrol. He was not a JLA founder until the New 52, when DC erased his Titans history and introduced him as a founder of the JLA.

Sandy Hausler

I'm aware Cyborg doesn't have history with the Doom Patrol. I was asking if someone knew anything about the Cyborg of this particular continuity, since the announcement about Cyborg showing up here didn't specify anything about his superhero status.

I can't see them making this show without Robotman. It wouldn't make any sense. Cyborg is just there to show it's a spin-off of the titans show. I doubt he will stay around after the pilot.

I'm aware Cyborg doesn't have history with the Doom Patrol. I was asking if someone knew anything about the Cyborg of this particular continuity, since the announcement about Cyborg showing up here didn't specify anything about his superhero status.
    I guess you'll have to watch the show to find out. I wouldn't expect details about the characters' backstories to be revealed at this point.

Sandy Hausler

Double Post. Sorry about that.

From the press release it seems like he starts out on Doom Patrol as an experienced hero of some sort and that there's the possibility he might crossover into Titans.

I think that's the most they've dived into it as far as officially released information.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    I like that they describe Cyborg as “charming and sarcastic”. Glad they aren’t going with the depressed and morose Vic Stone.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I like that they describe Cyborg as “charming and sarcastic”. Glad they aren’t going with the depressed and morose Vic Stone.
    Agreed, hope they don't depict him as only thinking himself as a freak, but really past that. Now what his history as a experienced hero will be, that has yet to be seen.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Is Cyborg replacing Robot Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    He looks a little more boyish then I was expecting. Almost like he'd fit well in the Titans .

Man, everyone is calling Cliff Robotman. That really grates. I've practically never seen him called that in the comics, and I really don't think it fits his character to have a superhero name like that.

Incredible Member

Here's the latest casting

Brendan Fraser is Robotman

DC Universe’s Doom Patrol has added Brendan Fraser to its ever-growing cast.

According to Deadline, Fraser is set to play the role of Robotman/Cliff Steele in the DC Universe series. The actor will join Joivan Wade (The First Purge), who was previously cast as Vic “Cyborg” Stone, Orange is the New Black star Diane Guerrero, who joins the series as Crazy Jane, and April Bowlby as Elasti-Girl.

Cliff Steele is a former race car driver who, following a terrible accident, finds his body inhabitable, only for Dr. Caulder to build him a new robotic body. Fraser is expected to appear in flashbacks as Curtis before his accident and he will also provide the voice for Robotman. Riley Shanahan, in full body costume, will perform the physical part of the role.

The 13-episode series will be written by Jeremy Carver, will feature Robotman (Fraser), Negative Man, Elasti-Girl (Bowlby) and Crazy Jane (Guerrero), who are led by Dr. Niles Caulder. It was previously rumored that actor Kelsey Grammer was set to join the series in a ‘key role,’ however, that rumors appears to be just that for now.

DC Universe, Warner Bros.’ new subscription streaming service, will launch this fall with the live-action Titans, as well as a lineup of classic DC films and TV series, a curated comics library, and exclusive merchandise. The show will be joined in 2019 by the animated Young Justice: Outsiders and Harley Quinn, with the live-action Swamp Thing and Doom Patrol expected to enter production soon.