Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Also, a Dazzler solo that reads like one part Barbarella, one part Tank Girl, and one part Jem.

-NO. MORE. EXTINCTION. EVENTS.

-Cyclops and the Marvel Universe mini

More to come.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Some entertainment would be nice. Beyond shock value. More of Bunn if we can.

Inventive new characters that are made with the intention of having staying power.

Older junior characters (New Mutants/X-Force, Gen X) getting interesting new roles. More factions, both as antagonists and groups that shift between adversaries and allies.

More world building. The X-Men universe used to feel just as big as the Marvel Universe and now it forever feels as large as a floating rock in the Pacific Ocean.

A general theme that isn't extinction. One that has meaning, relevance, and is both topical and timeless.

No more #tbt O5 X-Men except MAYBE Tean Jeen, who sticks around only to have a sinister presence.

Better stories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I agree Anduinel. I think Bunn has put in the work and deserves the flagship title, whatever that may be.

I would like to see mutants thriving again & no more of this terrigen mist garbage.

And of course, I would LOVE to see a Magik solo.
    I, too, would love to see a well-written Magik solo. I've thoroughly enjoyed Wells' and Gillen's work with Magik . Bendis brought her closer to coming to terms with her demonic side by having her study with Dr Strange and also mending her relationship with Kitty and her brother, so I like that too.

But if Bunn were to write a flagship X-book, I hope Magik's not in it. Thus far, in her short appearances in Uncanny X-men and Civil War II: X-Men, Bunn's conception of Magik is someone who is little more than a churl, and a curmudgeon. This is not a character, it's a caricature. If this is how Bunn sees Magik, I hope he never gets to write her.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Jubilee is going to be in Hellcat... presumably as a regular/recurring role. She will still be a vampire and her baby, Shogo, is still alive and well.
    With that being said, I would like for her to remain in titles on a monthly basis for the long haul. She is, for the most part, a veteran member of the X-Men and has tons of ties to the rest of the Marvel Universe. As a hero of color, and also one with a baby, Jubilee has so much diversity to offer... vampire or mutant powers.

Also, I know that the topic is for Marvel Now 2.0... but I would like to see the X-Men as a whole somehow show up in more videogames, cartoons, toys, merchandise, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    I, too, would love to see a well-written Magik solo. I've thoroughly enjoyed Wells' and Gillen's work with Magik . Bendis brought her closer to coming to terms with her demonic side by having her study with Dr Strange and also mending her relationship with Kitty and her brother, so I like that too.

But if Bunn were to write a flagship X-book, I hope Magik's not in it. Thus far, in her short appearances in Uncanny X-men and Civil War II: X-Men, Bunn's conception of Magik is someone who is little more than a churl, and a curmudgeon. This is not a character, it's a caricature. If this is how Bunn sees Magik, I hope he never gets to write her.
    I think that would, in somepart, be down to said short appearances. I doubt he actually sees Magik this way and, given the opportunity, I'm sure he'd provide more depth.

Nonetheless I think Bunn flagship w/Seperate Writer on Magik Solo would be golden

I'd just like to get away from that stupid extinction angle. Bad enough we dealt with it with Decimation, we didn't need another one especially so soon. I just want to see the X-Men getting back to the family element they've been lacking and getting back into their point of Professor X's dream, especially in the face of the Inhumans and M-Pox propaganda.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

No more Terrigen problem.
    The teen O5 revealed as Skrulls or Space Phantoms or something and ignored for all time.
    The real Jean back.
    Storm actually being a strong leader.
    A "New X-Men" (Kyle/Yost) team that are not students.
    Kitty back on Earth.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gambit solo by Nicieza and Legion by Spurrier.
    Uhh... Legion is erased from existence. And he was erased from the LAST existence, this is a whole new universe. Who knows where he is now lol. But if Legion did come back, I think he'd pretty cool to be heading a small group into more super cosmic astral plane kind of adventures. Like X-Men's version of the Ultimates. Throw Gaia (from Gen-X), X-Man (fully repowered), Blindfold and maybe Franklin Richards in it and call it New Exiles. I doubt it would last long because readers dont gravitate towards "new".

I can dig a Gambit solo. Call it King of Thieves starring himself, Frenzy, Hellion (the handless pick pocket lol), Currier and Fence. It'll never happen, but hey I think it'll be a good ride.

As for everything... Recast and reorganize EXM, relocate the #$%$#%$^ mansion, Give Bunn control of two X-Men books and less doom and gloom.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 07-20-2016 at 12:23 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Better stories.
    and this too.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Well, that wasn't the first time Legion was erased from existence. Sure, it won't be the last.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Also wouldnt mind an X-Factor book along the lines of X-Factor Investigations. I loved the tone of that book even tho I didn't read THAt many issues of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Better stories.
    Honestly this is the bottom line.

I want the New X-Men kids to return in their own book.

Hellion, Mercury, Anole, Rockslide, Surge, Elixir (back from the dead--what a waste of an awesome character), Dust, Indra, Loa, Trance, Prodigy, Blindfold, Match, Pixie, Gentle........and Wither as a recurring villain.

Such awesome characters deserve to be more than just background characters seen in one panel every few months.