Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    I was asking in regard to the dichotomy that was being stablished.
    Yeah, sorry about that; did not read back far enough the first time. I think it's a false dichotomy now that I read back; just like with other creative runs, there are far more than 2 "camps". One could love Byrne's "Superman" first time around, find it lacking in a re-read and then love it again when revisited via TPB years later. Happened to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Yeah, sorry about that; did not read back far enough the first time. I think it's a false dichotomy now that I read back; just like with other creative runs, there are far more than 2 "camps". One could love Byrne's "Superman" first time around, find it lacking in a re-read and then love it again when revisited via TPB years later. Happened to me.
    I know what you mean, there're some comics I keep selling and buying over the years. Just borderline of what I consider "good", and yes, maybe I "loved" them the first time around (but only the first time).

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

No love for Morbius? That was 2013, right? I quite enjoyed it and was disappointed it didn't last longer.

Anyway, I guess the basis here is did you love SSM and yeah, I did. For me 2013 was a golden year for Spider-man.

The only thing I really didn't like was Superior Carnage (was that 2013 or 2014?).

I know what you mean, there're some comics I keep selling and buying over the years. Just borderline of what I consider "good", and yes, maybe I "loved" them the first time around (but only the first time).

Sometimes the stuff we loved the first time was largely because we viewed it through the prism of that age/time in our life; in other words, we hadn't read anything quite like it at that point in our lives or it simply was our first exposure to a favorite character or creator; but those stories don't always hold up to repeated readings for a variety of reasons. It's why I feel the stories I enjoy over and over again are the ones that are truly special to me.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    No love for Morbius? That was 2013, right? I quite enjoyed it and was disappointed it didn't last longer.

Anyway, I guess the basis here is did you love SSM and yeah, I did. For me 2013 was a golden year for Spider-man.

The only thing I really didn't like was Superior Carnage (was that 2013 or 2014?).
    Superior Carnage was last year, yeah. Disappointing status quo reset at the end. The story could have been about giving Carnage a new host.

BANNED

....... (shrug) sure I guess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    ....... (shrug) sure I guess.
    Or you can offer up your own favorite year.

Stop being one of those fans.

BANNED

2002, with 1982 a close second.

Wasn't my cup of tea, 2013. I enjoyed about 1/4 of SSM. Just wasn't interested in reading about a villain as Spider-Man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Or you can offer up your own favorite year.

Stop being one of those fans.
    Oh I'm sorry I wasn't aware giving a passive answer was crime. I thought fans would appreciate a passive answer rather than the usual rant or I hate this year comment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post
    As a whole, 2013 is IMO the best year for Spidey. At least I can't specifically name many other great years. Some from the '80s come to my mind.

What are some of your favorite years for Spider-Man?
    Hmmm...I can't remember any Spidey stories being published in 2013, off the top of my head.

Pretty hard to top 1973 as Spidey's best year, though. Possibly 1966, when we had the climax to the Master Planner arc and the introduction of Romita to the title, not to mention the quintessential Green Goblin story.

BANNED

The best year for Spider-Man will be 2067.

I like to buck the trend.

2002, with 1982 a close second.
    I agree 1982 was a very, very good time for Spidey with all the titles firing on all cylinders; 2002 was a solid year also but not quite as good as 1982. Hell, now that I think about it, just about every year from 1982-1985 was pretty damn great for the spider-books; I would have to look a bit closer but I am pretty sure every title had a solid creative team and the arcs were pretty damn great as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I agree 1982 was a very, very good time for Spidey with all the titles firing on all cylinders; 2002 was a solid year also but not quite as good as 1982. Hell, now that I think about it, just about every year from 1982-1985 was pretty damn great for the spider-books; I would have to look a bit closer but I am pretty sure every title had a solid creative team and the arcs were pretty damn great as well.
    Gentleman's Agreement, I was a Teenage Frog-man, Double Shots & Spider-Man: Blue. ASM was slightly inferior, but the other titles tilt the balance in favor of 2002.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Hmmm...I can't remember any Spidey stories being published in 2013, off the top of my head.
    Well there was Marvel Knights: SM vol. 2, as well as the 700.whatever issues. The less said about those the better though.

But point taken, I could never call 2013 a great Spider-man year without any in-continuty Peter Parker Spider-man comics.