Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I liked 2013 a lot. SSM was great! My favorite year though? Probably 1992. I liked the Spider Slayers story, Peter's parents, the backups by DeMatteis, Spectacular Spider-Man was really solid that year (Child Within, I think?), the return of the Black Cat, Carnage, and just lots of great stuff.

I think 2013 and every year since Brand New Day has been the worst year(s) for Spider-Man. I think Dan Slott's writing is terrible. I hate his dialogue and I hate his plot lines. I don't want to read about Otto Octavius in a Spidey suit. I want to read about everyman Peter Parker trying his best to balance family, friends, work and being a hero. I'm not downing anyone who does like the Slott stuff (obviously it's insanely popular for some reason), it's just not for me. That's not my Spider-Man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by calibretto View Post
    I think 2013 and every year since Brand New Day has been the worst year(s) for Spider-Man. I think Dan Slott's writing is terrible. I hate his dialogue and I hate his plot lines. I don't want to read about Otto Octavius in a Spidey suit. I want to read about everyman Peter Parker trying his best to balance family, friends, work and being a hero. I'm not downing anyone who does like the Slott stuff (obviously it's insanely popular for some reason), it's just not for me. That's not my Spider-Man.
    as good as superior may have been(i only got to read a few digital issues someone gave me for free since they weren't using the codes)it wasn't what most spider-man fans are used to or were expecting

no matter how good it was in the end...Doc Ock could never be the superior spider-man

"Doc Ock could never be the superior spider-man"

That was the whole point of the story. And isn't it usually a good thing to give fans a story that no one was expecting?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFlay View Post

That was the whole point of the story. And isn't it usually a good thing to give fans a story that no one was expecting?
    Of course not. Only stories the fans expect or that they've constructed in their heads.

BANNED

it isn't when the aftermath has the characters acting like huge idiots in some cases

why the hell should anyone believe that freaking spider-man the spider-man would for one second rule over new york city like a tyrant with giant robots his own personal army and camera's monitoring every corner of the city

when he started picking fights with everyone that should have alerted everyone that this wasn't spider-man at all

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    it isn't when the aftermath has the characters acting like huge idiots in some cases

why the hell should anyone believe that freaking spider-man the spider-man would for one second rule over new york city like a tyrant with giant robots his own personal army and camera's monitoring every corner of the city

when he started picking fights with everyone that should have alerted everyone that this wasn't spider-man at all
    Quoted for truth. This is the biggest flaw in Superior Spider-Man previously intelligence character reduced to idiots in order to fit the plot. Now they don't have to automatically go to the brain swap idea but they should at the very least be able to figure out that it isn't the same Spider-Man they know. You can maybe draw a case for the general public because well they've always been kind of morons. But the people he's worked with half his life should know him a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post

Yeah, I can get behind that.

Then again, there's no way that Jonah shouldn't have figured out that Peter was Spider-Man right from the get-go. Here's this seasoned investigative journalist, now editor-in-chief of one of the biggest newspapers in New York, a guy who should instinctively see the angles in everything, and this kid comes to him with impossible to get pictures of Spider-Man who insists that Jonah can never ask how he gets them. That doesn't make a lick of sense either.

I guess the big takeaway here is that sometimes stories don't make perfect sense. Sometimes you have to suspend your disbelief and just enjoy a story for what it is.

As far as picking fights with everyone goes, didn't he start fights with the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, and the X-Men like the first time he met each of them?

Yeah, I can get behind that.

Then again, there's no way that Jonah shouldn't have figured out that Peter was Spider-Man right from the get-go. Here's this seasoned investigative journalist, now editor-in-chief of one of the biggest newspapers in New York, a guy who should instinctively see the angles in everything, and this kid comes to him with impossible to get pictures of Spider-Man who insists that Jonah can never ask how he gets them. That doesn't make a lick of sense either.

I guess the big takeaway here is that sometimes stories don't make perfect sense. Sometimes you have to suspend your disbelief and just enjoy a story for what it is.

As far as picking fights with everyone goes, didn't he start fights with the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, and the X-Men like the first time he met each of them?
    Honestly I never took Jonah as being all that bright. a bigger question is why he did a 180 and started supporting Spider-Man? It's hard to suspend disbelief when a character has been shown as more intelligent. The way Peter's supporting cast was written felt forced and very OOC.