Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Default Marvel GN Releases for 2017

    The Beat has a listing of Marvel's planned GN and TPB releases for the first quarter of 2017. The X-Men are pretty well represented, even setting aside Deadpool and books with individual X-Men on other teams (Uncanny Avengers, A-Force, Alpha Flight, etc.). There's also a good-sized chunk of Wolverine reprints lined up, which makes me wonder if Marvel's gearing up for something. The movie? A resurrection, perhaps? But anyway, for X-Men books, we've got:

    Wolverine: Old Man Logan Vol. 3
    Wolverine : Weapon X Unbound
    Wolverine: Origin – The Complete Collection
    Wolverine by Daniel Way: The Complete Collection Vol. 1
    Wolverine Epic Collection : Shadow of Apocalypse
    Wolverine : Prehistory
    Wolverine: Old Man Logan
    Color Your Own Wolverine
    Wolverine vs. the Marvel Universe
    Wolverine vs. The Punisher
    Wolverine vs. Deadpool
    All-New X-Men: Inevitable
    Uncanny X-Men: Superior
    Marvel Masterworks: The Uncanny X-Men Vol. 10
    X-Factor : Genesis & Apocalypse
    New Mutants Epic Collection : Renewal
    Excalibur Epic Collection : The Sword is Drawn
    Extraordinary X-Men Vol. 3
    All-New Wolverine Vol. 3
    Avengers & X-Men: Axis
    X-Men Legacy: Legion Omnibus
    X-Men Epic Collection : Second Genesis
    X-Force Epic Collection : Under the Gun
    X-Men ’92 Vol. 2 : Lilapalooza

    On the one hand, yay Spurrier omnibus! On the other, I suspect X-Men '92 is going to get the chop with #10, since the second TPB only collects 4 issues.

  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,641

    Default

    Awesome! X-Men Legacy: Legion Omnibus.

  3. #3
    Out Fighting for Peace! AJpyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,164

    Default

    ...Imma get the trades instead.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

    -God I am so tired.

    SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

  4. #4
    Super Dupont Nicoclaws's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Frack ! I didn't think they would do a Legion omnibus !

  5. #5

    Default

    Pretty decent collection for the most part. Just hope that this isn't the last collection we get for X-men 92. I never expected it to last long, given how eager Marvel has been to cancel X-men titles lately, but I was hoping for at least three GNs. A solid trilogy of GNs usually makes for a solid series. If we don't get that with X-men 92, then that'll be a real travesty, given how low Marvel let X-men Forever get before it got canceled.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Pretty decent collection for the most part. Just hope that this isn't the last collection we get for X-men 92. I never expected it to last long, given how eager Marvel has been to cancel X-men titles lately, but I was hoping for at least three GNs. A solid trilogy of GNs usually makes for a solid series. If we don't get that with X-men 92, then that'll be a real travesty, given how low Marvel let X-men Forever get before it got canceled.
    X-Men Forever had a bigger name attached in a more forgiving marketplace, so I imagine that's why it got as much rope as it did. Storm, Tyke, and Nightcrawler's solos only got two trades apiece, so it wouldn't be abnormal for a niche title like '92 to wrap with only a couple of TPBs. Fingers crossed that it's premature mourning, though.

  7. #7
    Mighty Member akiresu_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,139

    Default

    I mean, Volume 2 of '92 would be a third volume, from a certain point of view.

    I would be very sad to see '92 go, a lot of potential that I don't think has been realised completely.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    I mean, Volume 2 of '92 would be a third volume, from a certain point of view.

    I would be very sad to see '92 go, a lot of potential that I don't think has been realised completely.
    True enough. There is the 0 volume. Even if it's a different tone, it's more or less the same continuity.

  9. #9
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    The Beat has a listing of Marvel's planned GN and TPB releases for the first quarter of 2017. The X-Men are pretty well represented, even setting aside Deadpool and books with individual X-Men on other teams (Uncanny Avengers, A-Force, Alpha Flight, etc.). There's also a good-sized chunk of Wolverine reprints lined up, which makes me wonder if Marvel's gearing up for something. The movie? A resurrection, perhaps? But anyway, for X-Men books, we've got:

    Wolverine: Old Man Logan Vol. 3
    Wolverine : Weapon X Unbound
    Wolverine: Origin – The Complete Collection
    Wolverine by Daniel Way: The Complete Collection Vol. 1
    Wolverine Epic Collection : Shadow of Apocalypse
    Wolverine : Prehistory
    Wolverine: Old Man Logan
    Color Your Own Wolverine
    Wolverine vs. the Marvel Universe
    Wolverine vs. The Punisher
    Wolverine vs. Deadpool
    All-New X-Men: Inevitable
    Uncanny X-Men: Superior
    Marvel Masterworks: The Uncanny X-Men Vol. 10
    X-Factor : Genesis & Apocalypse
    New Mutants Epic Collection : Renewal
    Excalibur Epic Collection : The Sword is Drawn
    Extraordinary X-Men Vol. 3
    All-New Wolverine Vol. 3
    Avengers & X-Men: Axis
    X-Men Legacy: Legion Omnibus
    X-Men Epic Collection : Second Genesis
    X-Force Epic Collection : Under the Gun
    X-Men ’92 Vol. 2 : Lilapalooza

    On the one hand, yay Spurrier omnibus! On the other, I suspect X-Men '92 is going to get the chop with #10, since the second TPB only collects 4 issues.
    Probably the wolverine movie

  10. #10
    Amazing Member Sinister340's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    ST. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
    Posts
    98

    Default

    I'm just waiting for the. Death of X Hardcover Graphic Novel.

  11. #11
    Mutant Midnighter NewMutant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,158

    Default

    None of the X-Titles have been cancelled for Oct. They were in the Diamond solicits. So I don't think we have to worry about that yet. Some of these trades sound great... I just don't know what they'll fully collect.
    I'm a fighter. I fight for normal people. But I'll never be one. I'm not a hero. Some people can't handle that.

    #midnightermonday

    Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

    IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

  12. #12
    Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    The Land of Hope and Glory
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Nice to get a date for X-Factor: Genesis & Apocalypse. Amazon have been messing me about.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •