Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Superman #3

BANNED

Oh, DC.

I'm not mad. I'm just really disappointed.

Vote with your wallet, they say. Sounds like a plan.

Art was lovely, tho.

Spectacular Member

On page one.

Lois: Why did we come here instead of your Mountain Fortress.

Minor nitpick about awkward exposition. Superman apparently grabbed Lois, took off from middle America, flew part way around the earth, all without having a conversation with Lois about where they were going and why. Not a major big deal here. Its just silly and awkward that she's asking THAT question when they're standing right outside New52's Fortress.

And he's had the mountain fortress for years. Does she not know whats in it? Couldn't she guess why they'd come here instead. Its just weird that Lois Lane would be asking her husband of more than a decade a question this basic.

Point Two: I guess this isn't Superdad's Eradicator. That Eradicator wouldn't be thrilled to see a "passionate Kryptonian." Those of you who have been around long enough remember what happened when the Eradicator was able to mentally influence Superman, and how cold Superman became as a result.

Which brings me to the complaints about Superdad's temper. His Eradicator took over his mind and tried to rewrite the Earth multiple times in Krypton's image. We saw in the DCAU how mental violation kind of leaves Clark with a chip on his shoulder.
    Last edited by KingDragonlord; 07-22-2016 at 07:55 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    it's not good be a pet on this series. hope krypton will get back.

A+ art. erradicator origin wate a lot of pages, but it is a interesting originso it's ok.
    Pets going out like a brother in horror movie.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDragonlord View Post
    On page one.

Lois: Why did we come here instead of your Mountain Fortress.

Minor nitpick about awkward exposition. Superman apparently grabbed Lois, took off from middle America, flew part way around the earth, all without having a conversation with Lois about where they were going and why. Not a major big deal here. Its just silly and awkward that she's asking THAT question when they're standing right outside New52's Fortress.

And he's had the mountain fortress for years. Does she not know whats in it? Couldn't she guess why they'd come here instead. Its just weird that Lois Lane would be asking her husband of more than a decade a question this basic.
    If I'm not mistaken, Lois only just recently found out about the mountain fortress in Superman/Wonder Woman #29. More importantly, even if she knew what was in the mountain fortress doesn't mean she knows what's in the arctic one. She doesn't know, for instance, that there's anything in the arctic fortress that the mountain fortress doesn't have.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Lois only just recently found out about the mountain fortress in Superman/Wonder Woman #29. More importantly, even if she knew what was in the mountain fortress doesn't mean she knows what's in the arctic one. She doesn't know, for instance, that there's anything in the arctic fortress that the mountain fortress doesn't have.
    First, are you sure that was Superdad's Lois (Sorry, I haven't read the issue you're referring to)?

Second. Lois knows Superdad wasn't able to bring anything with him, and she has a pretty good working idea what was in the old Fortress. I'd think she'd have at least guessed that if Superdad was going to New52's Fortress, then it must be because its the proper one and that it probably has the kinds of toys that Superdad's old Fortress had. I'd think her question would at least have had that supposition worked into it.

Again though, its a minor nitpick. It always makes me laugh in fiction when people ask awkward expositional questions that you'd expect them to already know the answers to.
    Last edited by KingDragonlord; 07-22-2016 at 12:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingDragonlord View Post
    First, are you sure that was Superdad's Lois (Sorry, I haven't read the issue you're referring to)?

Second. Lois knows Superdad wasn't able to bring anything with him, and she has a pretty good working idea what was in the old Fortress. I'd think she'd have at least guessed that if Superdad was going to New52's Fortress, then it must be because its the proper one and that it probably has the kinds of toys that Superdad's old Fortress had. I'd think her question would at least have had that supposition worked into it.

Again though, its a minor nitpick. It always makes me laugh in fiction when people ask awkward expositional questions that you'd expect them to already know the answers to.
    this Lois is pre 52 Lois she is the birth mother of Jon.

Back for noon feeding The Shredder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    I love this book! I was genuinely shocked by the Krypto moment, and I dig the idea that's the origin for how Jon got his cape.

Unlike Action, which is getting a little bogged down, this is moving along at a nice pace.
    Yeah, I hated seeing Krypto ingested or whatever, but Jon taking the cape as a symbolic gesture to Krypto's own heroism was a nice touch.

There will probably be a reunion soon enough. Perhaps where Krypto remains steadfast in his protection of Jonathan. As dogs usually are with kids.
    Last edited by The Shredder; 07-22-2016 at 06:01 PM.

The reunion will be coming very shortly. Krypto's in the Dinosaur Island solicits. Jon will probably clock Eradicator hard in the stomach in one of his rage-induced power surges and Eradicator will throw the dog up.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Jesus, Tomasi really freakin' hates pets, huh?
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Jesus, Tomasi really freakin' hates pets, huh?
    Jon is said and doesn't want to use his powers because a accidentally killed a cat.
    Jon is sad and motivated to fight because a dog "died" to protect him.

The death of an animal made him reluctant to his powers but now the death of an animal is making him embrace his powers.

A+ writing.