Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stranger Things

Fantastic Member

Excluding her mom jeans, Barb was a fashion icon.

I want the soundtrack NOW...like hurry and take my money please!

Steve's hair was the real hero of the story.

My new fan theory is that this series is either the prelude to the Minority Report universe OR the inciting incidents that led to the Pacific Rim universe LOL...

Really loved this show. I've heard people call it the series that 1980s Spielberg and Stephen King never made and I think that's pretty dead on. The young actress who plays 11 was fantastic. She conveyed so much emotion with so few lines. But the other kids were kinda corny and annoying at times. But there were a lot of 80s movies with similar characters so I think it kind of works. Did Nancy remind anyone else of Simone from Ferris Bueller?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Really loved this show. I've heard people call it the series that 1980s Spielberg and Stephen King never made and I think that's pretty dead on. The young actress who plays 11 was fantastic. She conveyed so much emotion with so few lines. But the other kids were kinda corny and annoying at times. But there were a lot of 80s movies with similar characters so I think it kind of works. Did Nancy remind anyone else of Simone from Ferris Bueller?
    Simone was hot. Nancy goes from hot to goofy looking depending on which scene she's in.

and I'll also add that Steve's hair is a character in of itself, and also the soundtrack needs to be released as soon as possible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I see it, but it's probably just because they're both tiny and some of those '80s looks swallow them...and maybe the hair at times. They aren't really ever dress in similar things as far as I remember. The characters themselves aren't really alike though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    Simone was hot. Nancy goes from hot to goofy looking depending on which scene she's in.

and I'll also add that Steve's hair is a character in of itself, and also the soundtrack needs to be released as soon as possible.
    His hair is like a parody of young Johnny Depp hair in A Nightmare on Elm Street and 21 Jump Street.

I am waiting to watch the episode called Monster.

This show is great. I love the vibe. It's like Spielberg produced, Hooper directed, Carpenter adapted, a King novel. RIGHT IN THE NOSTALGIA!

It has very few anachronisms, too, which is a good. The ones so far are forgivable to me (The Smith mix tape given to Will is out too early, the word "stalking" was not around yet in that context) as they didn't ruin the moments and help convey connection for the audience.

My favorite Easter Egg so far has been the State Trooper guarding the morgue reading Cujo. Nice foreshadowing, too ... :-D
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-21-2016 at 12:38 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

About half way through so far and really am enjoying it. It does have that early 80's vibe down perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post

i agree that Nancy is no where near as hot as Simone. but there are certain times i think she resembles her. the actress that plays Nancy is a tiny human being. the poor girl must weigh 80 pounds.

haha i loved Steve's hair. it was a parody of the 1980s "cool guy". i cracked up when he was listening to "I wear my sunglasses at night." it just fit that whole 80s d-bag vibe.

Well... I planned to watch the first episode and ended up watching 5. Yeah...

It took me until the wig to realize that I'd seen the girl playing Eleven before, as the creepy girl in "Intruders". That young lady is awesome.

Three more to go! I'd be watching them now if tomorrow wasn't a working day.

BANNED

So did basically everyone finish this show already who hadn't last time?

Something I wasn't thinking about at first when I watched it the first time, the dad in this show really looks like John Hughes.

Loved it. Binged the whole series the day after it went up. As a result, it ended up being one of those series I that wish I hadn't binged cos once I was done, I wanted more.

Definitely one of the best things Netflix have made and a good example of successfully making a story dark and creepy, but still fun and entertaining. Daredevil and Jessica Jones could learn a lot from that.

Renewed for 9 episodes!

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    Renewed for 9 episodes!
    And a teaser trailer! With episode titles!

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    And a teaser trailer! With episode titles!

Almost sounds like it's going to be a slasher.

I watched it. It's a pretty good show. I don't think it's such a great thing, but there's a lot to like.

My one big quibble...the monster should have been practical effects.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

It's really weird the monster just wasn't a practical effect the whole time. It was some of the time, and it's not like they were doing something that couldn't be done. The monster basically just looks like Pumpkinhead, and that thing was up and walking around in 1989.