View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Road #4

2 8.33%
  • Casanova: Acedia #6

1 4.17%
  • Chew #56

0 0%
  • The Hunt #1

0 0%
  • I Hate Fairyland #7

1 4.17%
  • Island Magazine #9

0 0%
  • Lazarus #23

8 33.33%
  • Manifest Destiny #21

1 4.17%
  • Prophet: Earth War #5 (of 6)

3 12.50%
  • Rumble #12

0 0%
  • Snotgirl #1

5 20.83%
  • Think Tank: Creative Destruction #4

1 4.17%
  • Velvet #15

2 8.33%
  • Wolf #9

0 0%
  • Other - Axcend #5 or She Wolf #2

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Weekly Image poll #29 - Snotgirls on The Hunt

Welcome again to the weekly Image poll, let's chat about new comics and vote on the best ones around!

Last week's poll was a pretty tight race, but just today someone broke the tie in order to make Birthright #17 the winner!

Looking at this packed week: Axcend hits the end of its storyline (and possibly even the entire series, already?), Chew begins its last storyline ever (for real this time), Island Magazine has the end of Ancestor this week and the debut of Lin Viesel's fantasy series, Prophet: Earth War marks the penultimate issue for the long-running sci-fi series, Think Tank: Creative Destruction looks to be ending its first storyline, Velvet finally provides a lot of answer the end of its very long first arc, and lastly Wolf wraps up its second arc at last (which might be the end of the series as well? Haven't heard this being resolicited.)

Whew! Are we done now? Not even remotely!
    This week launches 2 new series, in wildly varying genres. First up is The Hunt, a supernatural horror tale of survival, with modern takes on Irish mythology.
    Second up is a probably juggernaut: Bryan Lee O'Malley's new project Snotgirl finally arrives. A comedy story about a fashion blogger by day, but allergy-ridden sobbing mess by night. This issue has already gotten 5-star reviews and judging from the previews, I see no reason why artist Leslie Hung won't be the next superstar penciller in town.

254144.jpg 254140.jpg

Only Casanova Acedia #6 from Image this week, but that's about as good as it gets for me.

I lost interest in Wolf, unfortunately. I really hate the phonetic dialog that, gosh, 90% of the characters have. It's numbers are steady, but it's not a big seller and I thought I heard Kot was distancing himself from comics? It's a shame, he has really cool ideas, just can't seem to get them to really take with people. I think the dramatic shift in art hurt Wolf for me.

Also picking up the first issue of Black Hammer from Dark Horse which I'm pretty excited about.

Black Road, Chew, The Hunt, I Hate Fairyland, Lazarus, and Manifest Destiny this week.

Spectacular Member

Lazarus, Velvet, Rumble and I hate fairyland. Was a tough one but my vote went to Lazarus.

Chew, Lazarus, and Manifest Destiny this week. Manifest Destiny was interesting, but for an issue with so much action, it didn't feel like the story actually progressed much. Maybe because so much of the issue was focused on the flashback. Anyway, liked it quite a bit and looking forward to the next one, but didn't love it.

Chew... it was fine, I guess. I feel like I lost my enthusiasm for this book a while back. Only the fact that we're so close to the finish line keeps me with it. I'm still hoping that the close of the story will pay off, though.

Lazarus was fantastic. I love and hate so much of this cast at the same time, we keep brushing up against new mysteries, and Lark is really nailing the sword fights. Gets my vote this week, easily.

I won't get to the shop until tomorrow at best so I picked up Casanova digitally from Image, and was bummed to find out the back up story and additional art aren't included... kinda lame, but at least it's only a buck.

Cjew vs Manifest Destiny.

Like others, I dropped Wolf. Kot might want to become a novelist or something if he is dropping comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Chew... it was fine, I guess. I feel like I lost my enthusiasm for this book a while back. Only the fact that we're so close to the finish line keeps me with it. I'm still hoping that the close of the story will pay off, though.
    Yeah, I probably would gave dropped it if we weren't in the endgame. Am I a bad person if I want this series to end in Tony's death?

Amazing Member

Not a ton for me this week but for sure picking up Black Road, Manifest Destiny and Rumble. Probably will not get to read anything until the weekend but I have a feeling my vote will lean toward Black Road. Probably also going to grab The Hunt as well if it looks descent with a fast flip through while browsing my LCS

Lazarus and Manifest Destiny this week

Lazarus and Velvet, voted Lazarus.

This being a finale of sorts, I felt Velvet was anticlimactic. Honestly the delays hurt so I'm thinking this will be a better read once I sit down and go through the whole series again.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Lazarus, Velvet, Wolf.

Lazarus was great as always. Just such a good book art and story.

Velvet is my pick. Didn't realize it was gonna go away for a while, but this issue tied up everything nicely. Gonna give the whole chunk a re-read over the weekend.

Wolf just isn't doing much for me. Gonna give the arc another read and see if I'm gonna drop it or not. Love Kot, but, I dunno.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

tough choice between Lazarus and Velvet: voted for Velvet, as Laz is sort of in the middle of a build-up at the moment.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Anyone pick up Snotgirl this week? I'm probably tradewaiting it, but just curious if anyone here has any opinions? It got some good reviews already, and looks super stylin' so no need to convince me - but just seems a little odd an O'Malley book getting not a lot of discussion yet on the forum.

BANNED

I'll buy issue 1 of Snotgirl from the comic shop when I'm out f town next week next month anyway since my sister graduates from medical school again for unknown reasons.

If I happen to like the humor in Snotgirl 'll probably then might as well wait for trade paperback for the rest of the issues. Hope a Snotgirl trade paperback is released next year and not expensive