Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Your All-Time Favorite Costume of a Character

Hey all. Just thought I'd start a thread concerning your favorite costume for a character. Indeed, as Marvel continues to change the appearances of their characters with all-new, all-different this, and NOW! that, I just wanted to know what do you consider to be THE quintessential design for a particular Marvel character. This is the costume or appearance that you always associate with the character, the one that first pops into your mind when you think of him or her. If you want, you can also list down the artist that you feel gave the best rendition of this design. You can always explain why you like this design, but there's no requirement for any description.

In any case, let me start it off:

Spider-Man

Always going to stick with the classic design for Spider-Man. As a child of the 90s, I feel that Mark Bagley's rendition of the costume is always the best. (Though I was a little torn with posting one of JRJr.'s designs.)

Captain America

Sticking with Cap's classic design here, but trust me it was a toss up with his Marvel NOW! uniform.

Iron Man

Maybe going to ruffle some feathers here with this choice, but yeah, whenever I think of Iron Man, I think about his Extremis armor. It was a toss-up among his big boot early 90s, Modular, and Heroes Return, but for me Extremis had (and still has) the best overall design as well as functions.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

BANNED

This because it's the one I grew up with
    Iron-Man.jpg

And this is my favorite of all time. Ms Danvers should be wearing this now instead of her shitty faux military musical chorus line outfit
    CMMarvel.jpg

Ghost Rider

Going with this design from the mid-2000s launch. I like it as it combined the Danny Ketch version, with its chains and Penance Stare, along with a supped up version of Johnny's classic bike.

Iron Fist

Like this from the Brubaker/Fraction relaunch. No collar, no slippers, just a nice form fitting uniform which kept the classic colors. Like it better when Danny has his hands taped.

Black Panther

Favorite design for Black Panther. Loved it because it was a slight yet significant redesign from his classic appearance. I liked the use of gold because it showed off his royal background. Plus, the claws were a nice touch.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hey all. Just thought I'd start a thread concerning your favorite costume for a character. Indeed, as Marvel continues to change the appearances of their characters with all-new, all-different this, and NOW! that, I just wanted to know what do you consider to be THE quintessential design for a particular Marvel character. This is the costume or appearance that you always associate with the character, the one that first pops into your mind when you think of him or her. If you want, you can also list down the artist that you feel gave the best rendition of this design. You can always explain why you like this design, but there's no requirement for any description.

In any case, let me start it off:

Captain America

Sticking with Cap's classic design here, but trust me it was a toss up with his Marvel NOW! uniform.
    First, I'd like to say great idea for a thread.

As for Cap's suit for me is the other way around. His Marvel NOW! suit is my All-Time Favorite Costume.
    Captain America - by Carlos Pacheco 2.jpg
    With his classic being the close second, my only gripe (not even a gripe really, it's insignificant) about Cap's classic suit are the pirate boots. But I fully accept that that'll be the image most associated with Captain America, it's called a "classic" for a reason and I do love it too. But I think an update was needed. And Marvel NOW!s was a perfect one, IMO.

Now I'd like to see Cap's MCU Civil War/AoU costume in comics. I think it'd transfer quite well.
    Captain America Civil War - by Mad-54.jpg
    Just an example...
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

My favorite Elektra costume is her Netflix version, which I hope gets incorporated on the comics side

mh2016-elektra-netflix-poses--4--178133.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tsaimelemoni; 07-20-2016 at 11:28 AM.

Taskmaster's freelancer costume was dope. it's the one I would want to see in live-action. his classic costume is iconic in that he's easily recognizable. but it's also kind of goofy when you think about it; kind of looks like he raided a prop shop. Udon's version was simple/functional but still retained elements unique to Taskmaster.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Because of my handle, and my avatar, I gotta go with my main man and his threads:

Someone wrote on another thread that only Frank Castle could wear white go-go boots and still look badass! And I agree!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Phoenix

Captain Marvel (Carol)
    Storm
    Spider-Man (Peter and Miles)
    Black Panther
    White Tiger
    Gambit
    Jubilee
    Rogue
    Cyclops
    Magneto
    Mockingbird (2016)

Black Widow
    Scarlet Witch
    Crystal
    Ms.Marvel (Kamala)
    Daredevil
    Elektra
    Iron Fist
    Punisher
    Iron Man
    War Machine
    Winter Soldier
    Spider-Gwen
    Last edited by Muffin Crud; 07-20-2016 at 02:55 PM.

iMan 42s

a15a2713bfa940bc6ea2ff3fa7567378.jpg

Not only do I love this comic but I especially like this costume. Technology keeps moving forward so I understand Tony isn't going to have one suit for decades at a time but I feel like Superior reflected not only Tony's inverted mindset well enough, but it reflected the current technological trend of making things sleek and chrome. There is also a part of me that really enjoys seeing a chrome Iron man.
    This costume was also cool because you could see it for an antagonistic Stark. If the costume stuck around longer than it did, if Tony was ever the antagonist in a Story it wouldn't require a costume change. Even simple artistic choices could be easily explained by the nature of the costume itself being liquid, so you could get away with artists doing their own take on it.

Granted I don't picture Iron man always looking like this but I definitely enjoy seeing this costume.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

The Yellowjacket suit from Ant-Man is the best live-action comic costume I've ever seen. It's so cool-looking.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

OH I got a couple. Most of my "favorites" come from spider-man, as for whatever reason he and his kin seem to have the most fun reinventing their designs and making me go "oh cool".

So to start us off:

The four-limbed iron spider. I love the colors and bold take on the Iron Spider, but I never got on board with the 3 limbs. I preferred the randomly seen 4 limbs ... but my favorite ... the otto octopus 4 limb version was just awesome and menacing. Loved it.

The costume that launched a comic. Count me among the fans. So good.

Angela's Queen of Hel armor. I've made the case for her angel armor to be her new mainstay, but in terms of pure appeal, this one was like "Marvel meets Game of Thrones". I wanted more.
    Last edited by GrandEleven; 07-20-2016 at 02:55 PM.