Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default In "Batman" #3, Gotham's New Heroes Have A Familiar Origin Story, and A Classic Villain Resurfaces

Gotham and Gotham Girl's secret origin is revealed, and the return of a bad guy teases even more ties to the pre-Flashpoint DCU.

Full article here.

Ties with pre-flashpoint DCU, as the rest of comics... Bah, with Batman world does not matter...

Initially I thought this was Bruce Wayne's past, until Batman appears... the girl is afraid and the brother With posters of batman. hahaha. This event will be in the 0 year of batman., they are adult.. OK...

Now I not hate these characters(superdad is now my reason, for hate the super).. and I saw them as a threat to batman ... although this is a Batman comic ... hahahahahaha. But Gotham name... hmmmmm... Gotham is Gotham City.. Gotham Girl not have that problem

I do not regret that this chapter is for them .. I saw Matches Malone again

-With the last image, I see an awesome Hugo, Detective Comics and Batman, he is in two comics, and in Monster Men.. Hugo Strange Year, hahaha..

BUT One Image and I hate this psycho pirate, seems an imitation of deadpool, and I hate this character.
    Last edited by adrikito; 07-20-2016 at 08:03 AM.

I don't know which bothers me more: the fact that this story seems to re-age Batman / Bruce (if Gotham and Gotham Girl were how much younger when Batman saved their parents, how old is Batman / Bruce now?) or the idea that CBR is saying
    return of Roger Hayden, better known as the Psycho-Pirate. Originally debuting in "Showcase" #56 back in 1965, the Medusa Mask-wielding villain went up against Doctor Fate and Hourman with his emotional-manipulating powers
    No mention of the fact that there was a previous Psycho-Pirate back in the Golden Age and who was responsible for Hayden getting the Medusa Masks?

Wasn't batman like in his early 20's during the new 52? How old was he again in the old DC comic universe like in is early to mid 30's?

I knew it! Check the Batman #2 thread. I guessed Psycho Pirate was coming based on the name "Roger." Could be a universe-shaking thing. PP was one of the only people that remembered pre-Crisis continuity.

So Gotham and Gotham Girl are basically like Batman's version of Captain Marvel and Mary Marvel
    Only they had to "pay" for their powers

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I knew it! Check the Batman #2 thread. I guessed Psycho Pirate was coming based on the name "Roger." Could be a universe-shaking thing. PP was one of the only people that remembered pre-Crisis continuity.
    well, solicits confirmed it also lol

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Wasn't batman like in his early 20's during the new 52? How old was he again in the old DC comic universe like in is early to mid 30's?
    I think it's fair to assume that in the pre-flashpoint DC Universe Batman is more likely to be in his late 30's to possibly even early 40's, because his Robins spend a lot more time with him in that continuity and by the time Dick takes over the cowl it's safe to assume he's at least in his early 20's (I'd say 25 as this is a mature Dick).

If I'm not wrong, Bruce is supposed to be 25 in Zero Year (just as he is in pre-flashpoint Year One). Considering that the new continuity takes place 5 years after superheroes started to appear and that Damian is about to turn 12 in Titans, Bruce should be in his early 30's at most.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    well, solicits confirmed it also lol
    I called it more than 3 weeks before those solicits.

Quote Originally Posted by jgprime View Post
    I think it's fair to assume that in the pre-flashpoint DC Universe Batman is more likely to be in his late 30's to possibly even early 40's, because his Robins spend a lot more time with him in that continuity and by the time Dick takes over the cowl it's safe to assume he's at least in his early 20's (I'd say 25 as this is a mature Dick).

If I'm not wrong, Bruce is supposed to be 25 in Zero Year (just as he is in pre-flashpoint Year One). Considering that the new continuity takes place 5 years after superheroes started to appear and that Damian is about to turn 12 in Titans, Bruce should be in his early 30's at most.
    Bruce have 32 years in Endgame..

Now he must be oldest .. Damian have now 13 years... Bruce 34 years?

Bruce is 33 now
    He stated his age in endgame and I believe a year has passed since then

Gotham and Gotham Girl are so screwed.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Bruce was 25 when he started as Batman...Endgame (and other things) have shown we are in Year 9 of Batman, so he just turned 34 (his bday has been established to be in June each year per N52 Detective #0). Bruce was 14 when his parents were killed, if Gotham was the same age for symmetry sake, and Gotham Girl was 10, then they would be approximately 22 and 18. Batman, unlike most things in the DCU, actually has a timeline that makes sense:

http://www.therealbatmanchronologypr...nu/salad-days/

But the Psycho Pirate already showed up in a Superman comic with a new mask.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Am I the only one who picked up an incest vibe in this issue?