Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default The Eradicator's Plan Revealed, With Deadly Results In "Superman" #3

The classic "Rein of the Supermen" villain reveals his plan, and a member of the Superman family sacrifices themselves to stop him.

Full article here.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Yeah, they still haven't explained why Krypto looks the way he does. I'm still going for "artists error".
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

WHAT THE ?!?!

What Happen to Krypto ?

I mean just....Whaa ?

Amazing Member

What's with killing the pets in this run?!!?!

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrocket View Post
    What's with killing the pets in this run?!!?!
    Welk, let's hope that third time is a charm, and then hope that this is the end of the redundancy.

From what I gathered, Eradicator can do two things with his ingesting power. One, the original purpose, which was to inhale the souls of criminals and then spit them back out into the Zone for imprisonment, as Zod originally programmed them. But according to what he said he was going to do to Jon, and the oddity of Krypto's changed appearance, I'm also guessing that Eradicator can ingest a full being (body and soul), and from within make changes to their genetic structure. That's why I think Krypto looks different. Because off-panel Eradicator already ingested Krypto, changed his genetic structure (perhaps he added Jon's genome to the dog and removed New 52 Superman's, as an odd gesture of an intended gift to the boy), and regurgitated him resulting in the new appearance. This happening just prior to Superman and co. entering the fortress.

IOW, I think this Krypto and direwolf Krypto are the same dog now, Eradicator just altered him. And by jumping in Jon's path, the dog wasn't killed. He's quite alive, and surely will be thrown up by Eradicator by the time he's defeated. This is a bummer for me, because I am upset at the complete and utter teardown of Morrison's origin, but at this point its hard not to acknowledge that's exactly what's happening. New 52 Superman and the ideas incorporating with the character are being completely wiped out.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-20-2016 at 04:29 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I hate everything about the Superman line. I think it's time for me to just part ways with all the books for the near future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I hate everything about the Superman line. I think it's time for me to just part ways with all the books for the near future.
    Everything? Even the art?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    That's some really nice work by Jorge Jimenez in those pages.

I'm already out. Just waiting for things to change. It doesn't matter if it takes years. When they give me a Superman (world) that I find interesting they'll have me back.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    Unfortunately, I adore all the artwork. It's what has kind of kept me around, I wish I could see these artists illustrating fun/interesting FORWARD MOVING Superman tales.

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    I'm already out. Just waiting for things to change. It doesn't matter if it takes years. When they give me a Superman (world) that I find interesting they'll have me back.
    Same, it's a damn shame to find nothing to chew on at all in these books but there's just...nothing.

I'm with you there.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    New 52 Superman and the ideas incorporating with the character are being completely wiped out.

Rest in Peace N52 Superman World.. You will die never of my memory

aliens, metahumans, amazons.. Nothing is enough strong to survive this rebirth, except batman.

Like Superman, I have heard that Justice League has lost a lot... is all, fight, fight and fight(like JL rebirth).. Nothing of good stories.
    Last edited by adrikito; 07-21-2016 at 05:10 AM.

Spectacular Member

I really don't care whether they explain Krypto's new old appearance, this is Krypto, not some stupid saber-toothed wolf wannabe. its not that he's being drawn wrong, it's that he's finally being drawn right!
    How ironic (choke)