Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'm fairly certain we'll see Krypo return. The Eradicator is all about saving Krypton and it's remaining life. Plus it seems like Eradicator can consume and then restore life. So I doubt it would take Krypto and then never restore him. He's a Kryptonian dog after all. I hope he returns soon though. I have a soft spot for any version of Krypto. I'm a sucker for that "boy and his dog" trope.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The reason wasn't sales, the reason was the creation of Jon. They wanted him, but decided the younger Superman couldn't be the father of a ten year old, as where would that child have come from, and where had he been all this time to get to that age. So New 52 Superman had to go on those grounds and those grounds alone. Not his ability to sell books on his own.
    The kid.....OF COURSE..... is everywhere.. Even with secondary character..

All this family is involved in this.. The following will be put this kid in TT, Super Sons is the way to it.
    Last edited by adrikito; 07-21-2016 at 09:42 AM.

According to Dan Jurgens, that's demonstrably false. They would and did. Superman was doing fine when the decision was made to do the swap, if Jurgens is to be believed. According to him the decision was made at least by the time he was writing L&C #1 (he said that he knew what the plan was going into the mini). So the timeline suggests the decision for the swap came at a time when the Superman line was doing just fine, sales-wise, either during the planning of the L&C miniseries, or (likely) well before, during the planning stages of Convergence. The reason wasn't sales, the reason was the creation of Jon. They wanted him, but decided the younger Superman couldn't be the father of a ten year old, as where would that child have come from, and where had he been all this time to get to that age. So New 52 Superman had to go on those grounds and those grounds alone. Not his ability to sell books on his own.

But I digress, on its own I think Tomasi and Gleason (and Jimenez here) have crafted a pretty good title. In any other circumstance, I'd be quite content.
    Can you state the source of the Interview where Jurgen's states sales were good.

http://community.comicbookresources....h-and-SuperDad

Going by this audio interview here on CBR from the Superman homepage Jurgen's says he pitched the idea of Lois having a baby and the potential for future stories way back around Convergence, and that editorial liked the idea. I fully agree they were planning this back then.
    No where does he say the Superman line was doing fine.
    He does state they (I'm guessing editorial) wanted to make the character work again.............. meaning something was not working.

No where in the interview does it talk of sales.

Looking at Diamond over the months leading into Convergence here are the sale positions for Superman and Action

March 2015 Superman #39-25th Action #40 50th
    Feb 2015 Superman #38-25th Action #37 48th
    Jan 2915 no issue Action #38 48th spot
    Dec 2014 Superman #37-24th Action #37 49th spot
    Nov 2014 Superman #36-25th Action #36 44th spot
    Oct 2014 Superman #35-31st Action #35 55th spot
    Sept 2014 Superman Future's End #1-14th Action Future's End #1 - 18th
    Aug 2014 Superman #34-18th Action #34 31st spot
    July 2014 Superman #33-19th Action #33 40th spot
    June 2014 Superman #32 -5th Action #32 22th spot
    May 2014 Superman #31-48th Action #31 47th spot
    April 2014 Superman #30-54th Action #30 51st spot

http://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/...rticleID=96607

The Superman title barely broke the top 25 and Action hovered around the 50th spot.
    Maybe these sales are fine I'm not an analysis, but shouldn't the premier Superhero do better than this?
    Last edited by durabill; 07-21-2016 at 09:50 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by durabill View Post
    Maybe these sales are fine I'm not an analysis, but shouldn't the premier Superhero do better than this?
    He should, but he often doesn't.

BANNED

Can you state the source of the Interview where Jurgen's states sales were good.

http://community.comicbookresources....h-and-SuperDad

Going by this audio interview here on CBR from the Superman homepage Jurgen's says he pitched the idea of Lois having a baby and the potential for future stories way back around Convergence, and that editorial liked the idea. I fully agree they were planning this back then.
    No where does he say the Superman line was doing fine.
    He does state they (I'm guessing editorial) wanted to make the character work again.............. meaning something was not working.

No where in the interview does it talk of sales.

Looking at Diamond over the months leading into Convergence here are the sale positions for Superman and Action

March 2015 Superman #39-25th Action #40 50th
    Feb 2015 Superman #38-25th Action #37 48th
    Jan 2915 no issue Action #38 48th spot
    Dec 2014 Superman #37-24th Action #37 49th spot
    Nov 2014 Superman #36-25th Action #36 44th spot
    Oct 2014 Superman #35-31st Action #35 55th spot
    Sept 2014 Superman Future's End #1-14th Action Future's End #1 - 18th
    Aug 2014 Superman #34-18th Action #34 31st spot
    July 2014 Superman #33-19th Action #33 40th spot
    June 2014 Superman #32 -5th Action #32 22th spot
    May 2014 Superman #31-48th Action #31 47th spot
    April 2014 Superman #30-54th Action #30 51st spot

http://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/...rticleID=96607

The Superman title barely broke the top 25 and Action hovered around the 50th spot.
    sales qeren't good pre rebirth, and the gimmick of truth didn't bring better sales and popularity

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Everything about this is a push to "go backwards", even if some elements seem sorta different. I could sit through a "bad" Superman story if it was just that, a story. These are all editorial checklists and you can hear Geoff Johns or whoever, sounding off the list.

Sacred Knight is saying that he's down for a fatherly Superman, as am I, but the road to it as presented is not worth it. This isn't "Superman gets married and has a baby with his long time love, Lois Lane" this is nonsense. Oh Krypto is a different kind of dog, let's not just work with it and make it interesting, let's just say continuity ate him and BAM the puppy is back.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-21-2016 at 02:12 PM.

I didn't say that Jurgens said the line was doing fine. I said the line was doing fine. Which it was before Truth. Not fantastic, Superman hasn't done fantastic in a really long time, but there was no drastic drop-off till 2015. Thus my opinion that when the decision was made to swap him out, sales didn't not dictate need for any sort of drastic action such as that. So I don't think sales had anything to do with it. I agree with you, Superman should be doing a lot better on a consistent basis, not just when new #1's come around. But the reality is he's just not that popular anymore, regardless. When looking at his sales today one has to be somewhat grounded in reality and know he's just not going to pull Batman numbers. It'd be nice if that were the benchmark, but its just not.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-21-2016 at 04:07 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I didn't say that Jurgens said the line was doing fine. I said the line was doing fine. Which it was before Truth. Not fantastic, Superman hasn't done fantastic in a really long time, but there was no drastic drop-off till 2015. Thus my opinion that when the decision was made to swap him out, sales didn't not dictate need for any sort of drastic action such as that. So I don't think sales had anything to do with it. I agree with you, Superman should be doing a lot better on a consistent basis, not just when new #1's come around. But the reality is he's just not that popular anymore, regardless. When looking at his sales today one has to be somewhat grounded in reality and know he's just not going to pull Batman numbers. It'd be nice if that were the benchmark, but its just not.
    Well this is how you responded to one of my statements.

Originally Posted by durabill:
    If the books had awesome stories and were selling well, there's no way such a drastic change would occur and New52 Superman would still be around.

Originally Posted by Sacred Knight:
    According to Dan Jurgens, that's demonstrably (clearly and undeniably) false. They would and did. Superman was doing fine when the decision was made to do the swap, if Jurgens is to be believed

I think most readers on this forum would think you're voicing Dan's opinion, not your own.
    I just wanted to see where Dan stated it was false which is apparently nowhere.

he did state however that they (I'm guessing editorial) wanted to make the character work again.............. meaning something was not working.
    Nowhere does he say that poor story-telling and poor sales were involved one way or the other so how can he state it was false????
    Jurgen's just tells how Jon was pitched and accepted with editorial!!!

IMO the sales I've shown in the previous post were poor as well as almost all New52 stories.

In your opinion sales were ok and the stories were ok.

We can leave it at that if you want and sorry for misunderstanding your posts.

I've been reading Superman since the early 80's and I know sales haven't been doing well in years.
    Warner Bros. and DC are publishing these silly-books for profit and they knew the whole REBIRTH, and return of the Post Crises Superman,Lois and Jon would boost sales dramatically.
    Trying to say that reason for bringing back the Pre New52 Superman has nothing to do with sales and all to do with Jon is something that just doesn't make sense to me.

BANNED

Warner Bros. and DC are publishing these silly-books for profit and they knew the whole REBIRTH, and return of the Post Crises Superman,Lois and Jon would boost sales dramatically.
    That has almost nothing to do with the boost in sales. When the New 52 launched, Post-Crisis Superman could have starred in the New 52 books and it would sold just as well as did at launch. If New 52 Superman was starring in the Rebirth books, they would sell just as well as they are selling now.

The majority of readers don't care what version of Superman they are reading, as long as they are reading a Superman.

The return of Post-Crisis Superman happened in the Convergence mini, which was outsold by that month's New 52 Superman issue.

Then the Lois & Clark mini. That series sold poorly, with the print sales for the last issue not even reaching 19, 000, and this was after it was known that Post-Crisis Superman was going to star in the flagship titles. If many people actually cared about a specific version of the character, Lois & Clark wouldn't be one of lowest selling Superman titles in 20 years.

Despite starring Post-Crisis characters, the Superman titles are among the books that have seen the smallest increase in print sales from the New 52 launch. The reason the Superman books are selling well now is the same reason they were selling well at the start of the New 52, because it's part of a relaunch.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 07-21-2016 at 09:12 PM.

Back for noon feeding The Shredder's Avatar

The sales for Post-Crisis Superman (within the New52 initiative) selling poorly, as opposed to the same set of character's headlining the main line of books and giving them a boost is pretty self explanatory. Some readers just flat out refuse, or have little interest in investing time and money on what is ultimately perceived as a spin-off book. To some, the main line of books are the only thing that matters, and worth collecting. The same thing happened in the '90's with Super books that wasn't headlined by Superman, and I suspect the same will hold true with the sales of the spin off Super line of books (Super-Man, Superwoman, ect) within the Rebirth initiative that isn't Superman or Action Comics.

So yeah, Convergence Superman mini or Lois & Clark selling below that the main New52 line of Superman books isn't at all surprising. Not in the least bit. On par for the course really.

Hell, I don't think even Convergence Speedforce sold all that well either, even though it featured a very Pre-Flashpoint Wally West and family, and despite that, fans just ate up his *official* return in the DC Rebirth one shot.

Why was that?

Probably because it was perceived (and rightly so) as being significant that time.

It mattered.

Same thing for Superman. The Rebirth initiative isn't some 2 issue mini, or a limited series perceived as a eventual 'passing of the baton' that the majority of Pre-Flashpoint Superman readers probably had very little interest in reading about, but as an actual relaunch/reintroduction with an added dynamic.

BANNED

That doesn't explain why the Lois & Clark was among the lowest selling Superman series of the last 20 years in print sales. There have been other Superman titles besides the flagship titles, and nearly all of them have performed better than Lois & Clark.

Lois & Clark #7 and #8 came out after the Rebirth announcement and after we knew Post-Crisis Superman was going to headline both Superman books, and it still didn't sell any better. People knew it was significant by the time issue #8 came out, and nothing.

Action Comics #52 was advertised as Post-Crisis Superman appearing in the New 52 book, and it saw the same increase that other issue #52s saw. Nothing significant, despite people knowing that Post-Crisis Superman was going to headline the Super books.

It also doesn't explain why Post-Rebirth, the Superman book has seen among the smallest increases compared to the New 52, and unlike books like Titans Rebirth and Flash, there isn't a discrepancy when it comes to print and digital.

Batman, and Wonder Woman have seen a huge increase in sales compared to the New 52 launch. Superman hasn't.

There are definitely more people reading Superman comics now than at the New 52 launch, due to digital sales, but despite the return of the Post-Crisis character, it has not seen a boost in sales like other characters have. If the return of a specific version of the character actually meant something to the majority of readers, the Rebirth books would have seen either a big increase or a big decrease.

I'm not counting Action Comics here, since that was not only a new #1 but it had Grant Morrison attached to it. It'll be the same reason Green Lantern won't do as well in Rebirth that it did at the New 52 launch, it had Johns then, it doesn't now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder View Post
    Hell, I don't think even Convergence Speedforce sold all that well either, even though it featured a very Pre-Flashpoint Wally West and family
    It sold decently, and issue #1 outsold the New 52 issue of Flash that came out the preceding month. Issue #2 also had a very small drop.

There were Convergence minis that sold more than the New 52 issues that had come out around the same time.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 07-22-2016 at 07:32 PM.

Back for noon feeding The Shredder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    That doesn't explain why the Lois & Clark was among the lowest selling Superman series of the last 20 years in print sales. There have been other Superman titles besides the flagship titles, and nearly all of them have performed better than Lois & Clark.

Lois & Clark #7 and #8 came out after the Rebirth announcement and after we knew Post-Crisis Superman was going to headline both Superman books, and it still didn't sell any better. People knew it was significant by the time issue #8 came out, and nothing.
    I thought I had already stated this, but I'll do it again. The lack of sales for L&C wasn't something that was unexpected. I sincerely doubt DC would have thought otherwise considering it was a book that came Post Convergence. If history has proven anything as far as sales for Superman spin off books, is that not all are going to sell well. Especially one that was originally perceived as a 'passing of the baton' type of premise. Even I, as a guy who grew up reading the Post-Crisis DCU had no interest in that type of story. Pass. In addition, we can also throw in the fact that L&C came at a time where the main New52Superman books were experiencing their own mass exodus and selling at Pre-Flashpoint levels. I would say that's quite a significant factor as well. None of the books were selling. Let alone a L&C.

It also doesn't explain why Post-Rebirth, the Superman book has seen among the smallest increases compared to the New 52, and unlike books like Titans Rebirth and Flash, there isn't a discrepancy when it comes to print and digital.

Batman, and Wonder Woman have seen a huge increase in sales compared to the New 52 launch. Superman hasn't.

There are definitely more people reading Superman comics now than at the New 52 launch, due to digital sales, but despite the return of the Post-Crisis character, it has not seen a boost in sales like other characters have. If the return of a specific version of the character actually meant something to the majority of readers, the Rebirth books would have seen either a big increase or a big decrease.
    You're a better judge on sales than I am, but let me make sure I got this right, there's been a bump in sales since the Rebirth initiative, even more than the New52 launch thanks to digital, but yet it hasn't reached the sales levels that you think it should reach? Is that right? We can sit here and acknowledge the fact that the New52 initiative was a good thing for Superman sales, because it was. That's the truth. Unfortunately, if we're going to stick with the truth, we also have to acknowledge that sales were hoovering around back to the depths of Pre-Flashpoint levels as well. Now they are back up, higher than even back with the well publicized New52 was dishing out so many #1's, and we're discussing whether the boost was big enough or not? Personally, it comes across to me as alot of readers either jumping back on Superman after having left, or gaining readers cause it's more in line with how they envision "their" Superman to be. Clearly the sales have increased Post-Rebirth, despite the current direction being heavily promoted and known to readers prior to Rebirth. Yet, here we are. Some people also need a good jumping on point, and L&C, along with "Final Days" might not have been sufficient enough. Well, clearly they were not. But Superman #75 "Death of Superman", Action Comics #1 2011, and evidently Superman Rebirth #1 2016 are examples of successful jumping on points.

It sold decently, and issue #1 outsold the New 52 issue of Flash that came out the preceding month. Issue #2 also had a very small drop.
    That's interesting, and I don't doubt your quote, but I actually recall a thread over on the DC forum section on the CBR board essentially pointing out that despite all the then-non stop fan outrage about Pre-Flashpoint Wally West being erased during the New52 era, and later replaced by a New52 version, that the Speedforce Convergence mini sales were not really indicative of a successful Wally West book just waiting to be exploited further, or motivating enough for DC to do anything more with the character.

I doubt you could say the same now with a straight face. Sound familiar?

There were Convergence minis that sold more than the New 52 issues that had come out around the same time.
    Hmmm ... Batman Convergence minis?
    Last edited by The Shredder; 07-22-2016 at 11:25 PM.

Spectacular Member BeefBourguignon's Avatar

To this day I read people online asking (in confused way) "When did Post-Crisis Superman come into the new 52 Universe?" after reading Superman Rebirth #1. Always someone has to explain that Lois & Clark miniseries exists. The mere existence of it, even after Rebirth, has fallen under the radar. Perhaps DC did not market it enough or very well, or made the connection between L&C and Rebirth Superman explicit enough more. Lack of mindshare is the only likely explanation. There is nothing else (there is no general antipathy for the Post-Crisis version--quite the opposite; and reviews have generally been positive) that can explain it as such an outlier in sales.

BANNED

I thought I had already stated this, but I'll do it again. The lack of sales for L&C wasn't something that was unexpected. I sincerely doubt DC would have thought otherwise considering it was a book that came Post Convergence. If history has proven anything as far as sales for Superman spin off books, is that not all are going to sell well. Especially one that was originally perceived as a 'passing of the baton' type of premise. Even I, as a guy who grew up reading the Post-Crisis DCU had no interest in that type of story. Pass. In addition, we can also throw in the fact that L&C came at a time where the main New52Superman books were experiencing their own mass exodus and selling at Pre-Flashpoint levels. I would say that's quite a significant factor as well. None of the books were selling. Let alone a L&C.
    It wasn't expected to match the the highs that New 52 issues had reached, but it wasn't expected to be one of the lowest selling Superman books in the last 20 years.

The series was cut from 12 issues to 8, and since Jurgens has said that he knew Post-Crisis Superman was going to headline the main books before he even wrote the 1st issue, that Rebirth was not responsible for the series getting cut. It and Titans Rebirth managed to sell enough to be cut down to just 8 issues, unlike Telos which was cut down to 6.

Superman spin-off books don't sell, I understand what you mean, but this was one of the lowest selling Superman comics in a long time. The only one I can think of that sold worse is Superman/Supergirl: Maelstrom, from 2009.

Other Superman spin-off books, like American Alien for example, performed better than Lois & Clark. In the case of American Alien, digitally it even outcharted the main Superman books, something Lois & Clark didn't do.

Lois & Clark continued to poorly even after it was known that Post-Crisis Superman was going to take over the main books. It continued to lose readers even after Rebirth was announced.

It can be excused for not performing as well as the main books, but there's no excuse for it performing as poorly as it did.

You're a better judge on sales than I am, but let me make sure I got this right, there's been a bump in sales since the Rebirth initiative, even more than the New52 launch thanks to digital, but yet it hasn't reached the sales levels that you think it should reach? Is that right?
    That's not quite right.

What I'm saying is that from the sales data available to us, there's nothing telling us that a majority of readers prefer one version of Superman over another enough to buy or not buy a book to make a difference.

We can sit here and acknowledge the fact that the New52 initiative was a good thing for Superman sales, because it was. That's the truth. Unfortunately, if we're going to stick with the truth, we also have to acknowledge that sales were hoovering around back to the depths of Pre-Flashpoint levels as well.
    Yes, the New 52 sales fell just like the Post-Crisis sales, going to my point that the version of Superman doesn't really matter. It also has to be pointed out that while print sales fell to Pre-Flashpoint levels, digital sales meant that the New 52 Superman books were still selling thousands more copies per issue than Pre-Flashpoint.

It's the same thing that's guaranteeing that Post-Rebirth Superman is selling more than New 52 Superman, because print sales are actually around the same level.

Now they are back up, higher than even back with the well publicized New52 was dishing out so many #1's, and we're discussing whether the boost was big enough or not?
    Here's the data for print sales:

New 52 Superman #1 - 118,376
    Superman Rebirth #1 - 118,434
    Superman #1 - 105,380

In print sales, Superman Rebirth #1 did a little more than New 52 Superman #1, while Superman #1 did less. These just 1st printings (New 52 included), and the Rebirth books were under ordered, so even Superman #1 might outsell New 52 Superman #1 in print sales in the coming months, but unless we see an increase on the level that other books have, it won't be because of a specific version of the character.

This is what I mean.

New 52 Wonder Woman #1 - 76,214
    Wonder Woman Rebirth #1 - 94,458
    Wonder Woman #1 - 107,737

New 52 Batman #1 - 188,420
    Batman Rebirth #1 - 199,807
    Batman #1 - 280,360

Wonder Woman's print sales increased by the tens of thousands. Batman's increase is massive.

There are other books that performed closer to the Superman books, or worse, but there's a difference between how they chart in print and how they chart digitally that explain their print sales. For example, Flash sold less than New 52 Flash #1, but it performs better digitally, outselling books that outsell it in print. The same is true of Titans Rebirth.

This is not the case for the Superman books. They perform the same digitally as they do in print. They are doing what you expect from a well received relaunch.

For other books, the insignificant boost or lack of boost is explainable. Geoff Johns is not on Green Lantern or Flash, etc.

Personally, it comes across to me as alot of readers either jumping back on Superman after having left, or gaining readers cause it's more in line with how they envision "their" Superman to be.
    If this was the case, the Superman books would be outselling even New 52 Action Comics at launch, which they aren't. I don't mean just Post-Rebirth Action Comics, but even Post-Rebirth Superman.

If the version of the character actually mattered that much.

Even with digital sales, it's unlikely that the Post-Rebirth Superman issues will reach the total sales of Action Comics #1. In print sales, it took until issue 4 of Action Comics for it to reach the level that Superman Rebirth #1 launched at, and until issue 5 for it to reach the level Superman #1 launched at, and that's 1st printings for all the books mentioned.

This wasn't because people preferred the T-Shirts and Jeans Superman, but because the book had Grant Morrison attached to it and because Action Comics #1 was a new #1. At that time, it was outselling New 52 Detective Comics, while Post-Rebirth, Detective Comics is outselling Action Comics.

Another example of this is Superman Unchained #1, which sold over 250, 000 in print and at least a few thousand more in print.

It's unlikely that even the combined print and digital sales of Superman Rebirth #1 will sell more than Superman Unchained #1's first printing. That's not because people prefer New 52 Superman to Post-Crisis Superman in Rebirth, but because of the team of Scott Snyder and Jim Lee.

Jim Lee's Post-Crisis Superman debut issue even sold a little less than Unchained #1, but that's not because of version preference either.

I also want to point out that New 52 launch comics were also selling well digitally at the time. New 52 Justice League #1 broke DC's digital record for best and fastest seller.

The reason I don't include those digital sales when speaking of digital sales now, is because the digital market is much bigger now, meaning sales then would have been much lower anyway, not enough to put them over current good digital sellers and because I wasn't keeping track of digital sales back then.

Clearly the sales have increased Post-Rebirth, despite the current direction being heavily promoted and known to readers prior to Rebirth. Yet, here we are. Some people also need a good jumping on point, and L&C, along with "Final Days" might not have been sufficient enough. Well, clearly they were not. But Superman #75 "Death of Superman", Action Comics #1 2011, and evidently Superman Rebirth #1 2016 are examples of successful jumping on points.
    Superman #75 was successful because it was a landmark issue, a global event. It's not comparable to jumping point issues, but let me try and sum up things.

The Superman books are doing well, both in print and digitally, but they are not performing well enough to suggest that the version of the character starring in the books is having a significant impact on sales. Other books have seen a bigger increase in sales, while not featuring the return of a specific version of the character.

The Superman books are performing as well as you could expect a relaunch to perform, it is not performing so well that it implies there's preference for one version over another to the point where it significantly effects sales.

It also needs to be said that Rebirth has launched with more hype than the New 52. Justice League #1 which launched the New 52, had total print sales of 231,000. DC Universe Rebirth #1 print sales are at 235,791 for just its 1st month. It then sold an additional 50, 000 copies the following month.

There's also the matter of market health, when the New 52 launched, it took the top 5 spots for that year. This year, despite selling more than the New 52 launch, neither Batman #1 or DC Universe Rebirth #1 will take the number 1 spot.

There's more to it than version preference.

Another example is that of Green Lanterns, and Green Lanterns Corps/Green Lanterns: New Guardians.

Green Lanterns Rebirth #1 did 99,504 in print sales and Green Lanterns #1 did 84,910. New Guardians #1 did 84,033, and Green Lantern Corps #1 did 74,769. Digital sales means Green Lanterns sold even more.

That's a bigger increase than what Superman saw with Rebirth. That doesn't mean the majority of readers prefer Cruz and Baz to either Kyle, or John and Guy more than people prefer Post-Crisis Superman to New 52 Superman.

There's more that needs to be taken into account. If we don't take everything into account, then it would mean people actually prefer New 52 Superman to Post-Crisis Superman in Rebirth, as the Super books aren't going to reach the numbers of Superman Unchained #1.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 07-23-2016 at 02:44 AM.

BANNED

That's interesting, and I don't doubt your quote, but I actually recall a thread over on the DC forum section on the CBR board essentially pointing out that despite all the then-non stop fan outrage about Pre-Flashpoint Wally West being erased during the New52 era, and later replaced by a New52 version, that the Speedforce Convergence mini sales were not really indicative of a successful Wally West book just waiting to be exploited further, or motivating enough for DC to do anything more with the character.

I doubt you could say the same now with a straight face. Sound familiar?
    It's possible that it performed much better digitally than it did in print, and those people didn't take that into account. Titans Rebirth features Wally, and it debuted to 72,086 at number 30 for the month of June. It was outsold by Action Comics, Green Lanterns, Green Arrow Rebirth, and several other books.

Where the book has excelled is digital sales, where it's outselling books that beat it in print, including Superman.

This is the discrepancy I mentioned. Books that aren't doing better than the New 52 launch, are doing much better digitally.

This is not the case for the Superman books, which are performing the same on both formats.

Hmmm ... Batman Convergence minis?
    Convergence Detective Comics, Convergence Batgirl, Convergence Flash, Speed Force (outsold New 52 Flash of the preceding month), Convergence Nightwing/Oracle (sold more than either Batgirl or Grayson), Convergence Green Lantern Parallax sold more than Green Lantern, Convergence Action Comics (which featured Earth-Two Superman, outsold New 52 Action Comics), Convergence Suicide Squad, Convergence New Teen Titans, Convergence Titans, Convergence Green Arrow, Convergence Catwoman, Convergence Superboy (sold more than the last issue of New 52 Superboy), Convergence Swamp Thing, etc.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 07-23-2016 at 02:14 AM.