Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default What title will be the new DC Flagship?

For the New 52 the main Justice League title was the main flagship comic if you wanted to follow what was going on in the DCU with all of the events spinning off of that. So far with Rebirth I don't see a title filling that role. I'm wondering if any of the new comics are eventually going to fill that role or if DC will just let things be more free flowing and not have one title dictate what all of the other books continuities' need to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpboy76 View Post
    For the New 52 the main Justice League title was the main flagship comic if you wanted to follow what was going on in the DCU with all of the events spinning off of that. So far with Rebirth I don't see a title filling that role. I'm wondering if any of the new comics are eventually going to fill that role or if DC will just let things be more free flowing and not have one title dictate what all of the other books continuities' need to follow.
    Justice League should always be the flagship. It's obviously not or they would have hired better creators for it -- they're fine but not 'flagship' level creators -- but it should be.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gimpboy76 View Post
    If sales wise, looks like it'll be a competion between Batman,Suicide Squad and All Star Batman.

Story wise, Justice League is default since it has all the A listers. It's possible with the heavy focus on suicide squad, they may have it tie into DCU events more though.

If it were up to me, the DC flagship would be Titans.

Justice Leagues would exist as either local police force(International), special investigations(Superbuddies), frontier justice(Green Lantern & Friends), or SWAT emergencies(Big 7 Heavy Hitters).

Titans are the all-around, best equipped, most experienced superhero team in the DCU. They're the Avengers without the television press.

So far Flash/Titans seems to tie in to the overarching DCU plot the most, but they don't really hit the other boxes needed to be the "flagship" title.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

the honest answer is Batman, but for those no longer reading Batman like myself than the answer is most likely Justice League
    The J-man

If we go by sales and top talent placed on books
    JL isnt on the map anymore
    Its a free for all between batman, suicide squad, harley quinn, and superman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    the honest answer is Batman, but for those no longer reading Batman like myself than the answer is most likely Justice League
    Sales wise but not story wise. What is going on in batman doesn't have much effect outside of the Batman franchise.

I guess in terms of the overarching Rebirth story, it's Flash and Titans.

In terms of for their respective franchises and families of books, it's Batman and Action Comics.

In terms of the DCU as a whole...I guess Batman and Justice League. Or Harley Quinn, since she's now apparently the equal of the Trinity at this point .

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Don't really think there is one or has been one recently.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Justice League should be but as it stands, Action an/or Superman are an that is fine with me.

BANNED

I think they'll continue to push JL as their flagship, even though people aren't responding well to the writing so far. I don't think Bryan Hitch will be on board for long, for all we know they're already looking for a replacement. Even if Batman sells better, the Justice League connects more corners of the DCU so I'll always consider it their flagship title.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Sales wise but not story wise. What is going on in batman doesn't have much effect outside of the Batman franchise.
    Exactly, I view Batman as the flagship for that line, just as each of the lines have their main books that drive the others' overarching stories

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

It's possible with the heavy focus on suicide squad, they may have it tie into DCU events more though.

I've thought that too, but that would be really strange and change how Suicide Squad normally works. I'm almost wondering if they might have Rebirth One-Shots every now and then to just tie-in all the plot points from the various books for those readers that don't read every corner, maybe every 6 months or something.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Company wise it should be the Justice League just like how Avengers is Marvel's flagship. When Justice League is weak it drags everything down a little. They need to just admit Hitch is not the writer for the book and get someone else on the book as soon as possible. DC should have seen by the "meh" response to Hitch on his JLA book that people just were not into his writing and should have started fresh with Rebirth.