Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default See Harley Quinn in Violent, Ass-Kicking Action in New "Suicide Squad" Footage

A new "Suicide Squad" TV spot puts the spotlight on Harley Quinn with plenty of new, action-packed footage.

Full article here.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I'll be in my bunk.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

The more I see about this movie the less I want to see it.

Mighty Member

Get on the hype train! Love the elevator scene.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    The more I see about this movie the less I want to see it.
    Out of genuine curiosity, what has made you not want to see it?

I know it's all subjective and personal tastes, but as someone who fundamentally hated BvS, every single spot that's come out for SS has made me feel like finally WB/DC is doing something right. These trailers, and these new character specific spots, have been great.

What about them makes you want to see this movie less and less each time something is released?

You want reasons? I hate the aesthetics. Everyone looks bad. Most of the soundtrack is also not up my alley, not even in the same neighbourhood. I've never liked Wil Smith in anything and what I've seen of him in this isn't changing my mind. Robbie is presented as an ass (and I mean "ass" as the body part, not a character trait) with a silly voice. This group is meant to appear tough but they just look inane. It looks like it can't decide between being ultra-hard-core-bad-ass and funny, and nothing I've seen came across as either. It appears to me as a terrible mess of things that are intended to be cool and edgy without a shred of authenticity. Every bit of footage I see makes all of that more apparent.

I guess if Transformers can get big audience money, this might too. It might even get some of mine, out of curiosity more than anything, if further pre-release footage doesn't put me off more.

*crosses fingers* Please be good, please be good, please be good!

BANNED

I'm gonna have to stop watching these. I'm already on board to see it and it's now reaching the point where the every day clip releases are reaching overshare levels.

All-New Member

You want reasons? I hate the aesthetics. Everyone looks bad. Most of the soundtrack is also not up my alley, not even in the same neighbourhood. I've never liked Wil Smith in anything and what I've seen of him in this isn't changing my mind. Robbie is presented as an ass (and I mean "ass" as the body part, not a character trait) with a silly voice. This group is meant to appear tough but they just look inane. It looks like it can't decide between being ultra-hard-core-bad-ass and funny, and nothing I've seen came across as either. It appears to me as a terrible mess of things that are intended to be cool and edgy without a shred of authenticity. Every bit of footage I see makes all of that more apparent.

I guess if Transformers can get big audience money, this might too. It might even get some of mine, out of curiosity more than anything, if further pre-release footage doesn't put me off more.
    So, you've heard two songs (one of which being Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen) and that is one of your big talking points for disliking the movie? Congrats and let us all say goodbye to your credibility. Really though, who doesn't like Queen? IT'S QUEEN!!!

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Queen makes EVERYTHING awesome!

It's just science, people.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by ProcHoliday View Post
    So, you've heard two songs (one of which being Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen) and that is one of your big talking points for disliking the movie? Congrats and let us all say goodbye to your credibility. Really though, who doesn't like Queen? IT'S QUEEN!!!
    No... Soundtrack. Look it up. It's a word with a meaning different than "that one band in that one trailer that's not even on the soundtrack album". Your attack on my credibility lacks credibility.

Put a marvel logo at the start and I bet his attitude does a 180.

You'd lose that bet. I haven't even seen the last 3 Marvel movies because of a complete lack of interest, inspired by the ones that came before. I despise style-over-substance movies regardless of who shits them out. Marvel movies tend to be less aesthetically repugnant though, so that criticism would fall away.

Amazing Member

Really though, who doesn't like Queen? IT'S QUEEN!!!
    They're a bit of a go-to "music geeks like" band. Overzealous fawning over songs like Bohemian Rhapsody and Don't Stop Me Now has sort of recontextualized them as a "XD RANDOM LOL SPORK OF DOOM" type band.

You'd lose that bet. I haven't even seen the last 3 Marvel movies because of a complete lack of interest, inspired by the ones that came before. I despise style-over-substance movies regardless of who shits them out. Marvel movies tend to be less aesthetically repugnant though, so that criticism would fall away.
    I understand what you're saying. They're trying very hard to seem clever, hip and edgy, but I'll wait till I see it. Virtually all the superhero movies of the past decade have been superficial in one way or the other. I honestly don't think modern filmmakers are capable of making something as psychologically deep (in terms of big-budge films) as, say, Alien, Jaws or 2001. Most of these guys grew up with disposable junk culture (like we did) and cut their teeth making music videos. They never went BEYOND that level.