Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default In order of Offense ...

So in the last two years there seems to be the "complaint of the moment" that rolls through the internet when it comes to the direction and content of Marvel lately. In the last two years it almost seems like waves on the beach. IN another part of the internet someone asked for others to "rank" the great offenses so I thought I'd be interesting to see how people here rate them. Below is a list of "offenses" in the last two years sense around Secret Wars where the Internet seems to have grown much more Marvel vocal. I tried to omit the more subjective offenses like "inhumans replacing x-men" as they are not specific moments in a story. Instead these are clear moments in a story that just seemed to .... well ... upset a LOT of people.

Pick your top 5 offenses and why, and optionally pick your bottom 5 and why you don't find them a big deal. Have fun with it and vent!

1. Falcon as Captain America
    2. Captain America hails Hydra
    3. X-23 as Wolverine
    4. Jane Foster as Thor
    5. Odinson whispered Unworthy
    6. Cho as Hulk
    7. Banner killed by Hawkeye
    8. Warmachine killed by Thanos
    9. She-Hulk knocked out by a missile
    10. Secret Wars "Everything Lives" reset
    11. Iceman revealed to be gay
    12. International Parker and Parker Industries
    13. MJ is Stark's Assistant
    14. Dr. Doom Ironman
    15. Riri Ironman

These are not in any deliberate order ... just as they came to me and based on rants I've come across over time. I most certainly missed someone's particular pet-peeve. But I t*think* the above seems to cover most of the rants going on right now. At any rate, if you had to pick which events in recent time, rubbed you the worst, which would it be? Which would be the most overrated and not a big deal?

What are your top 5 and bottom 5 offenses?

EDIT: as clarified below I merged the cyclops "Event" and iceman gay events. Ill just edit htat out for now (oops)
    Last edited by GrandEleven; 07-20-2016 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    So in the last two years there seems to be the "complaint of the moment" that rolls through the internet when it comes to the direction and content of Marvel lately. In the last two years it almost seems like waves on the beach. IN another part of the internet someone asked for others to "rank" the great offenses so I thought I'd be interesting to see how people here rate them. Below is a list of "offenses" in the last two years sense around Secret Wars where the Internet seems to have grown much more Marvel vocal. I tried to omit the more subjective offenses like "inhumans replacing x-men" as they are not specific moments in a story. Instead these are clear moments in a story that just seemed to .... well ... upset a LOT of people.

Pick your top 5 offenses and why, and optionally pick your bottom 5 and why you don't find them a big deal. Have fun with it and vent!

3. X-23 as Wolverine
    4. Jane Foster as Thor
    5. Odinson whispered Unworthy
    6. Cho as Hulk
    7. Banner killed by Hawkeye
    8. Warmachine killed by Thanos
    9. She-Hulk knocked out by a missile
    10. Secret Wars "Everything Lives" reset
    11. Cyclops revealed to be gay
    12. International Parker and Parker Industries
    13. MJ is Stark's Assistant
    14. Dr. Doom Ironman
    15. Riri Ironman

These are not in any deliberate order ... just as they came to me and based on rants I've come across over time. I most certainly missed someone's particular pet-peeve. But I t*think* the above seems to cover most of the rants going on right now. At any rate, if you had to pick which events in recent time, rubbed you the worst, which would it be? Which would be the most overrated and not a big deal?

What are your top 5 and bottom 5 offenses?
    Well, for me, confusing Cyclops with Iceman is a big offense. Or did i miss the reveal ?.

Mighty Member

So wait, does everyone hate Cyclops because he came out as gay? That would be a weird ending to Death of X.

1. Banner killed by Hawkeye.

2. Captain America hails Hydra.

3. War Machine killed by Thanos.

4. She-Hulk knocked out by a missile.

5. International Parker and Parker Industries/Dr. Doom Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, for me, confusing Cyclops with Iceman is a big offense. Or did i miss the reveal ?.
    Haha! OK I think maybe I typed too quickly there

1. She-Hulk knocked out by a missile (I think have gone over to death why. Quickly that the missile had to be explain on tumblr and that we don't why she is hurt or in coma from said missile. Her injuries mean so little to the book too)
    2. Banner killed by Hawkeye (Banner was cured and hawkeye been known to have anti killing motivations)
    3. Captain America hails Hydra (This was just stupid and reasoning even stupider)
    4. Odinson whispered Unworthy (Two years later we still have no idea why. Nothing nick could have said would have made him unworthy unless he knew some trick)
    5. Iceman revealed to be gay (This was just dumb to appeal to shipping internet trolls that wanted him to be gay cause he had bad luck with women. If that was what made someone gay then I be gay. We all known jean forced it on him)

Bottom 5:
    5. Falcon as Captain America (Was nice marvel promoting him as a character but still as another character and not his own)
    4. MJ is Stark's Assistant (As long as she doesn't hook up with tony I don't care)
    3. Secret Wars "Everything Lives" reset (Why was this a surprise?)
    2. X-23 as Wolverine (Really don't care cause I just lost interest in the character)
    1. Warmachine killed by Thanos (Out of everyone who gotten injured or killed in CWII gotten the most respect and honor. His death actually meant something)

Riri and Dr Doom as Iron Men just missed top 5 cause of the other stuff on the list.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Terrigen and Inhumans offend me.

Pretty cool with the rest.

Well... and squirrels, but that sorta goes without saying.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

I wouldn't go in for the Internet rage or hate myself, but I guess one of the most upsetting things for me on that list was Captain America hailing hydra. I think Marvel shouldn't have went with that story, especially since it's the 75th Anniversary this year. I know it's just a story, I know by issue 2 it's clear it's Red Skull causing it and I know Cap will be back to normal eventually, but I feel it taints the character forever. It's like a blemish on the character that will always be part of his history going forward.

I object to Laura as Wolverine, because the comic is too good and I am now being forced to buy a series with "Wolverine" in the title. This makes me feel dirty. How dare they make a Wolverine comic that is so good. How dare they.

top 5

1. She-Hulk's incapacitation
    why? :shrugs: I expect her to be back. I just don't like that she's jobbing in an Bendis event. she was so well drawn in that Copiel issue.

2. Astonishing Ant-Man's cancellation
    why? I knew it was coming. I just feel like the story potential hasn't run out, just yet. Cassie just got superpowers back. maybe it will happen in another book.

3. Marcus Johnson replacing Fury
    why? if they were going to do it, they should have used Ultimate Nick Fury. he had the established skills to pay the bills.

4. Riri
    why? i'll get over it. just seems a shame to bypass Lila Rhodes. they've set up a situation that could potentially hurt Lila's star potential; unless she's mentored by Riri.

5. mutantkind
    why? I don't like how they've been handled since the Marvel Universe became Avengers-centric

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Top 5 annoyances:

1. Odinson whispered Unworthy
    3. She-Hulk knocked out by a missile
    4. Banner killed by Hawkeye
    5. Warmachine killed by Thanos

Meh:
    2. Jane Foster as Thor
    3. Cho as Hulk
    4. X-23 as Wolverine
    5. Iceman revealed to be gay

The rest involve books I didn't read or characters I don't follow closely.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    4. Odinson whispered Unworthy (Two years later we still have no idea why. Nothing nick could have said would have made him unworthy unless he knew some trick)
    Only this one for me as I haven't followed any of those other comics. If I was going to add any, one would be Nick Fury Jr and another is Dr Strange's magical health issues.

1. War Machine killed by Thanos - Racist and unnecessary!
    2. Banner killed by Hawkeye - Just unnecessary!
    3. Ice Man is gay - A pointless re-con. They should just promote the awesome gay and bi characters they already have.
    4. International Parker and Parker Industries - Sorry but Spidey belongs in New York City.
    5. Odinson Whispered Unworthy/Jane Foster Thor - I'd be okay with it if they ever explained why AND if Jane Thor and Odinson both got equal panel time. But that's not the case, sadly.

Things I'm okay with:

1. X-23 as Wolverine - C'mon, we ALL know Logan is coming back. But in the meantime Laura is a great character to fill in his shoes.
    2. MJ is Stark's Assistant - Is actually a great thing cuz it allows MJ to interact with the greater Marvel Universe.
    3. Iron Doom - Indifferent to it.
    4. She-Hulk knocked out by missile - It's BS but I'm saving my anger till it's revealed that she's dead or something. For now it's an annoyance but nothing to get too mad about.
    5. Cho as Hulk/RiRi Ironman - I'd be okay with them IF they weren't replacing Banner and Stark. As of now I'm indifferent toward them.

Can't say anything about the Secret Wars ending cuz I still haven't read it, lol
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

5) Decisions made in the comic universe to bring it more in line with the movie universe.
    4) Killing of established characters so writers can dress up their own pets in the costumes.
    3) Bringing characters from what used to be numbered universes into what used to be the 616.
    2) Destruction of the numbered universes.
    1) Cosplay.

1.Banner killed by Hawkeye (The execution was done so badly the death had no significance besides Bendis screaming "me needs sell moar copies!!!")
    2.Captain America hails Hydra (Not my Steve Rogers)
    3.MJ is Stark's Assistant (MJ is an iconic character who can very well stand on her own, giving her a position as a supporting Iron Man character was just offensive)
    4.International Parker and Parker Industries (that's not Peter, and bring back secret identities! Peter telling Shield who he is moronic considering CW1)
    5.Dr. Doom Ironman (because Doom would NEVER lower himself so much)
    Last edited by Haquim; 07-20-2016 at 02:46 PM.