Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I'm not saying literally everyone who objected the character being gay doesn't care about the character. And if it was really such a small percentage of people that believed he should be gay than why was he outed as gay? I mean they even made a joke about it on Family Guy, I know whenever that's mentioned people say; "it's just family Guy, they do random stuff' but [/B]I highly doubt Seth MacFarlane and the Family Guy writers just randomly chose Iceman and they were like "umm I don't know, let's do a joke about him being a closet-case". [/B]

I don't think a supposedly small amount of people, or "trolls" as you put it, would be able to influence comics that much.

I tend to think that's probably exactly what happened LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    No, they were there. You just didn't see them because you believed only what was written and did not read between the lines.
    70678.jpg

Or maybe there really wasn't anything in between lines and you wanted there be. Bendis and his ignoring history of a character as a writer not helping your case.

Spectacular Member Doctor-Comics's Avatar

The best outrage is always the outrage leveled at whatever outrage is out raging at any particular moment.
    "The history of comics is not a long one, and it's not unknowable."--Neil Gaiman

Quote Originally Posted by Pants View Post
    I think the biggest offense is that they are charging $5 a pop for this rubbish. I was going to pick up the final issue of Contest of Champions today and saw it was $5 and put all of my Marvel issues back on the rack. I am done with all of this trash until they do their own Rebirth next year. I've been reading Marvel books for more than 40 years and have no clue what the hell is going on in any title. Even though Secret Wars stunk, I was at least hoping the reboot that followed would temper the chaotic nature of all the titles somewhat and all it did was ramp it up. All I see now is a contempt for reader (long time and new), a contempt for Marvel's history and characters, and Marvel trying to make as much cash as they can before they implode in two years, unless they pull a Rebirth and actually pull it off.
    Going with this one as my top offense. $4 as baseline for a 20 page story, $5-7 for event issues, $5 first issues, and random price hikes to $5 for what used to be a standard-length comic -- these are all reasons why Amazon TPB pre-orders and Marvel Mondays at Comixology are mostly where I get my Marvel comics anymore. It's just not worth it.

As for the rest, comics are cyclical, so I don't care all that much about the bad bits and actually quite like a couple of these (MJ being more than Peter's ex, X-23 as Wolverine). Bendis murdering Hawkeye's character is the only one that gets under my skin, mostly because it's just a job so poorly done on multiple levels and shows a gross disregard for the writers working on other books.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 07-21-2016 at 03:16 AM.

BANNED

Funny, She-Hulk getting knocked out by a missile is the only thing on this list that bothers me at all.

BANNED

I can't beleive they pulled this crap top 5 (not in order)
    Falcon as Captain America - Cap always used to be my favourite book and it wasn't so long ago we had Bucky replacing him then Remender's god awful run
    Captain America hails Hydra - This had it as my top most stupid and pathetic idea of the year
    Dr. Doom Ironman - Until this came along
    Banner killed by Hawkeye - Just poor writing. If Bendis wants to get the respect hsi status with marvel should have he needs to do better than this
    International Parker and Parker Industries - Ugh Spider-Stark

Not remotely upset by bottom 5
    Cho as Hulk - I actually like and get his comic
    MJ is Stark's Assistant - no issue I can see here
    Iceman revealed to be gay - ditto
    Odinson whispered Unworthy - The main thing that annoys me about this is not that they did it so much but have left it hanging so long
    Riri Ironman - Not so much infuriated as totally uninterested

Storm post-humously denouncing Cyclops as the worst person in the world on a public stage is top of the dome for me. Pretty hard to get back from.

And you forgot the FF being omitted from the MU.

This thread is a box, precariously balanced on an unsturdy stick, with a carrot laying beneath it.

Instead of taking out 5 of them and starting to rant, I'll just comment on all of them. There is only one "offense" that really annoys me anyway.

Falcon as Captain America: I don't see the problem. I never cared much about Falcon nor the Cap mantle. I do prefer Bucky and Steve as Cap but that is because I prefer them as characters.
    Captain America hails Hydra: Would you please just wait for the Story to End or at least unfold a bit more? Personally: I dig it.
    X-23 as Wolverine: I like it.
    Jane Foster as Thor: I don't think she should have become Thor. Not because she is a woman but because she is Jane Foster. Sif would have made much more sense. But I don't have an actual problem with it either.
    Odinson whispered Unworthy: Why not? It's not gonna be permanent anyway. I would just like to know why he is unworthy soon.
    Cho as Hulk: *shrug*
    Banner killed by Hawkeye: That's the one I dislike. Both guys acted out of character and the whole situation doesn't seem to serve any real purpose yet which makes me feel like they got sacrificed for nothing.
    Warmachine killed by Thanos: It fit the Story and both CW2 Faction Leaders had close ties to him. It made sense too me.
    She-Hulk knocked out by a missile: Yeah that is kinda lame I admit.
    Secret Wars "Everything Lives" reset: I thought it was great.
    Iceman revealed to be gay: Don't really care. I get why Icemen fans see that differently though.
    International Parker and Parker Industries: Meh, that makes sense since Peter is a genius but I prefer Stark occupying that role.
    MJ is Stark's Assistant: Who cares?
    Dr. Doom Ironman: Interesting idea.
    Riri Ironman: No objections yet.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 07-21-2016 at 06:51 AM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Captain America hails Hydra: Would you please just wait for the Story to End or at least unfold a bit more? Personally: I dig it.
    No because I'm not spending my money on sensationalist rubbish like that. Spencer wanted a reaction, he got one, I declined to buy his book and I'll decline to buy any of his books because a writer who peddles cheap crap like this stunt clearly isn't relying on his work to promote him.

I'm going to follow Matternativ's approach here

Falcon as Captain America: Seemed entirely appropriate.
    Captain America hails Hydra: Way too early to have this much angst.
    X-23 as Wolverine: I like it. I'm weirded out by saying the words "I like Wolverine" but... here I am.
    Jane Foster as Thor: I'm in it for the Russell Dauterman art.
    Odinson whispered Unworthy: Meh. I'd just like to hear the why already.
    Cho as Hulk: <shrug>
    Banner killed by Hawkeye :Currently cannot support it.
    Warmachine killed by Thanos: I echo Matternativ's sentiments here. It made sense to me. <shrug>
    She-Hulk knocked out by a missile: The outrage about it is what is killing me. I mean, I found it ridiculous as well but the magnitude of the rage at this juncture of the story is just plain nutty.
    Secret Wars "Everything Lives" reset: Meh.
    Iceman revealed to be gay: Poorly executed but just like the Shatterstar/Rictor thing, I feel the seeds were peppered and planted throughout the guy's history under one writer or another.
    International Parker and Parker Industries: Yay for him?
    MJ is Stark's Assistant: Unaffected.
    Dr. Doom Ironman: Curious.
    Riri Ironman: I find the criticism of her hair hilarious. Nerds be cray.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon View Post
    No because I'm not spending my money on sensationalist rubbish like that. Spencer wanted a reaction, he got one, I declined to buy his book and I'll decline to buy any of his books because a writer who peddles cheap crap like this stunt clearly isn't relying on his work to promote him.
    Not buying it or liking it is one thing and completely fine. The whole worlwide (well if you consider the US the world) outrage however with deaththreats against the Writer is a whole new level of stupid.
    I mean, at least Cap has a reason to act out of character with his now altered past and wel all now it will be undone soon enough anyway when Kobik restores the past as it was.
    It's not like Cap was the first Hero that was manipulated by his enemy in the History of... everything.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I follow Matternativ as well and state my opinion on what is provided.
    Falcon as Captain America: If it helps the character hell why not no major issue.
    Captain America hails Hydra: Honestly it’s a story I don’t like it maybe I’ll enjoy it maybe I wont, its not as bad as SSM in principle to me anyway.
    X-23 as Wolverine: I like Laura, I think she is a badass can’t wait to hear more about it
    Jane Foster as Thor: I think it’s a good story so we will see what happens but personally I think the cancer thing needs to go which is the only thing that I would regret about it.
    Odinson whispered Unworthy: I repeat I don’t care matter of fact I care more that he hasn’t been restored and he still has the destroyer arm. Would love to know what made him unworthy.
    Cho as Hulk: Not a fan especially because it makes no sense since I’m pretty sure at the end of the omega hulk bruce was fine with being the hulk, he was also ok during the incredible hulks.
    Banner killed by Hawkeye: As stated he was fine with being the hulk why the hell would he suddenly lose control and blow up the earth it would have to be badder than Worldbreaker.
    Warmachine killed by Thanos: Something need to happen to kick off the event and he was important to both characters so shrug
    She-Hulk knocked out by a missile: Kinda Lame since I could be wrong but she has taken missles before and shrugged them off. .
    Secret Wars "Everything Lives" reset: Seems alright I guess no complaints.
    Iceman revealed to be gay: Don't really care about iceman but I think the execution could have been better.
    International Parker and Parker Industries: I like it in theory but still I think he shouldn’t be a ceo and more of a head of a lab working for Stark or BP
    MJ is Stark's Assistant: Hopefully being used well.
    Dr. Doom Ironman: Like Doom as a villain instead of a antihero but I’ll wait and see for final judgment
    Riri Ironman: Issue that supposedly she is better than Tony at 15 why cant she be Iron Girl or something and a supporting character this has Creator’s pet all over it last one of those I recall didn’t go over well.
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Storm post-humously denouncing Cyclops as the worst person in the world on a public stage is top of the dome for me. Pretty hard to get back from.
    THIS.

Iceman being gay-good thing. Horrible execution.

Warmachine dying, She-Hulk taken out by missile, Hawkeye killing banner-Bendis' lazy story telling. Not offensive, just annoying.

Parker International, Parker Industries-love it.

Laura Wolverine-nothing wrong with that.

Pretty ok with others or just indifferent