Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    There only 3 things in comics that I object to. They were all out in droves in the last year.

1. X-Men "fans"
    2. Married couples being split up for cheap drama (Mera and Aquaman when Cullen Bunn's took over, which was a fake out, and Medusa and Black Bolt, which is slowly eroding Charles Soule's credibility as a creator.)
    3. Civil Wars.

None of the legacy characters bother me, though only a few interest me. Mighty Thor is, whether you like it or not, still the same story as Thor: God of Thunder. But because of womenz or just change in general Thor readers have pariah-ed Jason Aaron.
    Yeah, what kind of X-men fan cheers for the Avengers in AvX ?.

Spectacular Member

Only one that bugs me is the Odinson thing, because after so many years without so much as a hint as to what was said nothing they reveal will live up to the wait. Marvel's kinda shot themselves in the foot on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by DiceRoll View Post
    Only one that bugs me is the Odinson thing, because after so many years without so much as a hint as to what was said nothing they reveal will live up to the wait. Marvel's kinda shot themselves in the foot on that one.
    the story's in Thor recovering his worth or realizing that it's stupid to let an inanimate object determine it.

Incredible Member

Only two of these really bothered me

5) Odinson whispered Unworthy: it hasn't been explained? lazy storytelling. now he's not even the God of Thunder? you can't mess with a literal pantheon, marvel

12) International Parker and Parker Industries: changes the nature of the character. Parker was the down-on-his-luck everyman, scrambling to make ends meet and to make it on time for everything. now he is unrelatable, has seemingly limitless resources, and doesn't experience everyday struggles.

I've got to add one which probably doesn't offend many, as it's the type of stuff they've done before:

*) Daredevil's secret identity inexplicably restored: lazy storytelling which fundamentally undoes some really phenomenal DD runs (by far better writers than Soule), and therefore, makes this a new and unrecognizable character to me

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Not really "offense" but I found the Nick Fury Jr. origin story contrived, especially since they could have just brought Ultimate Fury over during Secret Wars and accomplish the same thing.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Incredible Member

Yeah, considering they brought Miles over, the whole Fury Jr. thing feels kind of dumb in retrospect.

Most of these I am indifferent to, some I like. I won't go into all of them, just a few that stand out to me.

On the legacy characters in general, the only one I have a an issue with is Riri because she just kind of came out of nowhere. She may yet win me over, but I'm not exactly excited about reading a book with her. Most of them, I have been enjoying the ride, though. Especially Falcap, I think.

Iceman I actually quite like. There has been speculation about his sexuality among fans and hints from creators since I started reading the X-Men in the late 90's, this is absolutely not out of the blue. And people remain in the closet for a variety of reasons in real life, and they are sometimes outed under less than ideal conditions, there's nothing wrong with showing that. Not every coming out shown in a story has to be a perfect one.

The only real problem I had with the whisper rendering Thor unworthy, and Jane taking his place is that I think it's taken a bit too long to resolve the whys of it, but have been enjoying a great deal overall.

Cyclops, also just annoyed that it's taken them too long to explain what he did. But I enjoyed his heel turn overall.

Hydra Cap I think has potential to be a good story that helps illustrate what it is that makes him good, by contrasting it with Hydra Cap. Once he gets what was done to him by Kobik undone, and he will, I think it will strengthen him as a character. As with Thor, sometimes a character has to be brought low to be built up again better than before and really show what makes them great.

Really, the only thing that bugs me is Hulk, and that's not so much that he died, but that it conflicts with what was happening in Totally Awesome Hulk.
    Last edited by Raye; 07-27-2016 at 12:25 AM.