Default BATMAN INC. question

I picked up a secondhand copy of GOTHAM'S MOST WANTED, and the advertising has me confused.

Are there two volumes, or three? If there are three, why does one also sport "volume one?"

Amazon Books was no help either.

Incredible Member

There was one just called Batman Inc, before the New 52 happened.
    After the New 52 they made a new Batman Inc series that started over at issue number 1 again, and was released as two trades, The Demon Star and Gotham's Most Wanted.

Thanks very much; so I can read the later two and get one whole story without ever referencing the pre-52 stuff, at least in terms of continuity.

Which story is deemed better by posters here?

81Ew4LQzPDL.jpg81f7dZkotqL.jpg81P7NqgpD-L.jpg

The first volume came out before Flashpoint so, while there are only 2 volumes from the New 52, there are 3 in total.

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Thanks very much; so I can read the later two and get one whole story without ever referencing the pre-52 stuff, at least in terms of continuity.

Yes. The later 2 can be read as a standalone story in the New 52. There is also an omnibus which brings all 3 volumes together and makes changes to the later 2 to bring them into line with the pre-Flashpoint continuity:
    BMINC_2_14_600-horz.jpg
    I'd have to recommend Grant Morrison's run going back to 'Batman and Son' in it's entirety because it's what drew me back to DC comics after over 15 years away.
    Last edited by BatfanReborn; 07-20-2016 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post

Technically, you can, yes. But it would be like watching The Return of the King without ever having seen Fellowship of the Ring (Batman & Son through Final Crisis) or The Two Towers (Batman & Robin through Batman Incorporated).

You'll get the gist, but not the story.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."