Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

Default B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth #143 - 147 "Cometh the Hour"

Great beginning to the last arc of Hell on Earth, and I thought our friends over at Mignolaversity did a great write up on it. However, there was one thing they overlooked that I found really interesting...

SPOILER BELOW

We see Devon working out in this issue. Another piece of Liz's vision of the future in "King of Fear" begins to take shape.

Here's a link to that vision for those who don't recall. (I didn't)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI6owBDUMAEOjR3.png:large

Thought this was a good issue, and it's good to be back to the main event after many months of a side story. Looking forward to seeing where this all lands.

Spectacular Member

Johann's dreamspot reminded me of this Iosif sequence.

BPRD Iosif.jpg

Spectacular Member

Excellent issue, Will be interesting seeing how accurate that vision becomes.

Amazing Member

Man it really seems hopeless now, sheesh..

Also, Iosif is in hell! There are little Hellboy looking demons! Are we going to see Hellboy next issue?!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCollector View Post
    Man it really seems hopeless now, sheesh..

Also, Iosif is in hell! There are little Hellboy looking demons! Are we going to see Hellboy next issue?!
    Yeah, that's the end of the world! And besides the Dragon there is Strobl swimming somewhere haha
    I thought the same at the end of the issue: if everybody is dead in Hell, one of the options to Varvara is go talk to Hellboy! He's on the vision after all... one question: the girl next to Hellboy in the vision is Fenix?!

Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

You know, something just occurred to me. When a person with a prosthetic limb dies, their spirit wouldn't have a prosthetic limb. So why would Hellboy's spirit, truly passing on, carry the Right Hand of Doom along with it? He wasn't born with it. Maybe a certain little girl demon will find it.

That's an interesting thought. I suppose we don't understand the rules of Hell well enough to know one way or the other yet.

Incredible Member

epilogue Storm & Fury TPB

Hellboy Volume 12.jpg
    Sounds perfect.

All seems lost. I can't see them taking Iosif and V to hell and not giving us HB.

That photo in Liz's dream looks like HB from his BRPD days, (maybe war on frogs)not a future version of him.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    All seems lost. I can't see them taking Iosif and V to hell and not giving us HB.

That photo in Liz's dream looks like HB from his BRPD days, (maybe war on frogs)not a future version of him.
    It is only the first issue of a 5 parter. If Hellboy is in fact a part of this arc it might nkt be until the last issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Someguy11 View Post
    It is only the first issue of a 5 parter. If Hellboy is in fact a part of this arc it might nkt be until the last issue.
    True, but I would be disappointed if he didn't show at all.. So is 147 the last issue, or will their be an epilogue to take it to #150?

I believe there's a whole third story arc which should bump it a ways past 150

Yeah, it's been stated that Hell on Earth is not the end and there will be third arc.

When you say third arc" are you saying something as expansive as "Hell on Earth"?