Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Fantastic Member

So will Liz's vision still come to pass? In her vision, those pictures showed Panya and Kate alongside Devon, Abe, Hellboy and Liz (is that Liz? I guess it could be Giarocco)
    Last edited by zerodemon; 11-17-2016 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    So will Liz's vision still come to pass? In her vision, those pictures showed Panya and Kate alongside Devon, Abe, Hellboy and Liz (is that Liz? I guess it could be Giarocco)
    Well if you ask me, zerodemon,
    I'd say that you asking this question, at this point in the story continuity, or any point before that,
    all the way back to when Guy Davis and John Arcudi's pages of Mike Mignola's world actually show this epic moment,
    would be testament to how come they do and what they can or should mean.

And what they mean or could mean is basically in the eye of the reader. Being you. Or me. Or Arcudi / Davis / mr Mike / anyone taking part at conveying it all.
    Even Liz herself too. Plus basically any of the characters pictured in what could be photos or a dream or vision picturing them!

To me that means that this 'vision moment' of Liz, which basically any reader would be to pick up on, is actually the story matter directly making known just how or what the storytelling is intending. What the story implicates, laid out in meticulously drawn out pictures.

You ask whether the 'vision' will still come to pass. And I reckon' that means if it could still be, namely: when the characters as depicted could now still have their pictures taken together.
    Who better to answer that question for you, than you yourself, zerodemon? Since it is you who would be doing your own reading basically.

Whereas I also reckon', that the whole meaning of this 'vision' (or any vision) comes from the fact how one cannot be sure whether a vision is one or not.
    The photos or pictures simply look like pictures. Obviously.
    But due to the poignant uncertainty with all that looms or becomes loomant - in the reader's eyes - is what makes those pics a possible 'vision moment'.
    A moment powerful and meaningful, not because of knowing so much, but because of the not knowing most specifically.

Let's say a next upcoming arc of B.P.R.D. would hail back to Liz's moment, by the characters as shown all taking those very pictures together, that could certify the whole vision idea. But let's say it wouldn't be like this.
    What if Hellboy or other character couldn't be around for that? Would that very thing be meaning Liz did in fact not have a 'vision moment', zerodemon?
    Wouldn't those pics express meaningful things, even if they wouldn't have been real photos the first time or at all?
    If the photos wouldn't be real, would or could the vision still count for something or not?
    To rephrase:
    Could the vision still prove as poignantly meaningful, if it wouldn't ever come to pass? Would it have to?

I'd reckon' noone could better answer any of that than you yourself! I could say what I think, but you'd be about what you'd think, I think...

I hope that makes sense, zerodemon?
    Last edited by Kees_L; 11-18-2016 at 07:12 AM. Reason: spells.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    Good question! Well, they still have lots of threats
    I'm thinking more about tone than specific threats. Do you go smaller? I can't really see how you go to another 'end of the world' story again.

Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    So will Liz's vision still come to pass?
    Clearly not. I mean, how could it? It was a vision, it's not like she time traveled to the future.

Has anyone consider that the vision that Liz had is actually something to do if the frog monsters would've invaded the Earth surface. Instead of allowing frogs monsters to destroy the world she destroy them to release different monsters. So the vision at that moment was possible future, but she changed it and this is why it's now different.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    Has anyone consider that the vision that Liz had is actually something to do if the frog monsters would've invaded the Earth surface. Instead of allowing frogs monsters to destroy the world she destroy them to release different monsters. So the vision at that moment was possible future, but she changed it and this is why it's now different.
    That's kind of how I see it, that's a future she helped change.

As for this issue, man what a great ending! I've been disappointed of late with the ending but Mike and John really stuck this one and I can't wait to see what comes next even if it is without Arcudi.

Fantastic Member

I guess ultimately it comes down to what we define the difference behind a vision and destiny is. Something about Liz's vision was predicative. She saw what Abe was going to look like in the future, and correctly saw Andrew Devon going from wimpy nerd to bearded beefcake. I'm half expecting the awesome B.P.R.D Lobster uniforms to make their debut in the next cycle (or at least hoping. They're pretty awesome.)

I listened to Arcudi's interview, and he at least considers both Panya and Kate to be dead. Whether that sticks is up to Mike and whoever takes over on cycle 3 (Roberson maybe? Anybody heard any different?)

Never mind who will be writing it, do we even know when BPRD will continue?

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Never mind who will be writing it, do we even know when BPRD will continue?
    Not yet. I know they really want to get this right, so they're not rushing it.

I'm a little numb by the whole thing. Not sure how I feel. It was certainly a powerful ending and I am glad the whole world didn't die.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Not yet. I know they really want to get this right, so they're not rushing it.
    I'd love to see them open it up a little and let various teams pitch their ideas similar to how it began.

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    The End.
    Awesome page. I interviewed Laurence about these final two arcs recently.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    I read the interview, it was great. I can't wait to see what he does in the next cycle.