Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Between the covers and the preview of this issue it's very interesting watching two very capable yet different artists tackle Mignola's Hell.

Spectacular Member

Did they reuse Mignola's art from Hellboy in Hell or did Campbell actually manage a near perfect recreation...?

Pretty sure that's all Campbell. Which is to say, he might have copied layouts from In Hell, but that's definitely not Mike's line art.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Pretty sure that's all Campbell. Which is to say, he might have copied layouts from In Hell, but that's definitely not Mike's line art.
    Yeah, it's Campbell.

Well that was incredible. Hats off to Campbell for an outstanding job on this issue. Easily one of the most striking issues of BPRD I've ever read.

I can't say much of this issue was a surprise, given the location and the covers, but Campbell did an amazing job making it still have a huge impact with each page turn.

I wish I was trade waiting this because waiting for the next issue is going to be torture.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Not a lot of forward momentum but man was the art awesome.

I thought this had a lot more forward momentum than it's being given credit for.

I loved this issue. Especially Iosif and Varvara holding hands walking down the streets of Hell.

Her body language contrasted against his was marvelous. I loved that it was a smaller issue in terms of 'events' and yet, it really wasn't. We're starting to see the ramifications of Hellboy in Hell on the shared universe, which was great because In Hell felt so independent of everything else.

The raising of the Titans is going to factor in, in a pretty big way, I imagine. So, again, I think this had a lot of forward motion, even if it felt removed from the larger narrative we've been reading.

Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Her body language contrasted against his was marvelous. I loved that it was a smaller issue in terms of 'events' and yet, it really wasn't. We're starting to see the ramifications of Hellboy in Hell on the shared universe, which was great because In Hell felt so independent of everything else.

The raising of the Titans is going to factor in, in a pretty big way, I imagine. So, again, I think this had a lot of forward motion, even if it felt removed from the larger narrative we've been reading.
    Couldn't agree more. I was quite floored by this issue, and definitely feel pieces are being put into place that are going to have a lot of weight moving forward.

Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

Issue #145 is out tomorrow! A quick Google search led me to a nice preview provided by Paste Magazine. Very much looking forward to this and the new Hellboy and the BPRD series.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior Wormwood View Post
    Issue #145 is out tomorrow! A quick Google search led me to a nice preview provided by Paste Magazine. Very much looking forward to this and the new Hellboy and the BPRD series.
    Link to that here -

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...e-bprd-19.html

A hell of a issue... Here cometh the Hour...

Really looking forward to reading this today.