Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

There's an interesting little bit at the end of this coverage of Mike's panel at the Thoughtbubble convention.

As to the continuing Hellboy universe currently published by Dark Horse that he oversees? “Yeah, we’ll see how much further that goes on…” The tone, and the laughter that followed suggested it might not.
    Hmmm...

Tomorrow is over

Nervously excited to read 147 tomorrow...

I feel the same way.

Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

There's a preview out there. I read it, it hints at something epic (duh), and I am biting what's left of my nails.

Amazing Member

...Well? How are we feeling?

Abnormally busy Wednesday so I probably won't get to read this until later tonight...

It was a great issue. I'm feeling much better than I thought I would.

spoilers:
    It was very heroic of Johann to sacrifice his life and possibly his soul to give the people of earth a little more time. I wish Abe would have met back up with the team, but I guess we'll have to wait a while to see how that pans out. I was happy to see Varvara still around talking to the Professor, but looking for a new favorite human. The final page with all of Panya's animals roaming free in Colorado was a nice way to end it. I'm still in denial that Kate is actually dead.
    end of spoilers

I'm sad it's over (for now) but still cautiously optimistic for the future.
    Last edited by topfueluhl; 11-16-2016 at 10:08 AM.

Amazing Member

I'm not devastated, and most happily I don't feel like the ending was rushed or forced. I just want to know when the next arc begins. And what it's called.

A great issue, with many incredible pages.

Thanks a lot for all those years, Mr Arcudi !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ckmoak View Post
    I just want to know when the next arc begins. And what it's called.
    So do I...

Spectacular Member

"All life, or a single life. If I delay death countless years - or just one second, it's worth it."

Goodbye old friend. Johann's arc is one of my favorite in all of fiction - from an arrogant, yet quaint medium to rookie agent to field leader to Superman. The character's physical and psychological progression through the series felt so deeply emotional every step of the way - the less human he became, the more emphatic I felt towards him. I couldn't ask for a better ending. I'll try to compile some of my favorite pages of him when I have time, he's a character you can point to exact moments to that solidified his character development and to me, Arcudi's greatest accomplishment.

I suppose we all knew Johann would meet his end here in the final pages of Hell on Earth. It seems fitting, a lot of Hell on Earth felt like it was about his journey, more than others.

And really, where do you take his character after he's merged with god powers?

I wonder what will come next. I wonder how you reset the title after all this?

Checking out the Arcudi BPRD exit interview podcast over on multiversity.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I suppose we all knew Johann would meet his end here in the final pages of Hell on Earth. It seems fitting, a lot of Hell on Earth felt like it was about his journey, more than others.

And really, where do you take his character after he's merged with god powers?

With Abe being brought back in and Devon in charge things will be rather interesting, It'll be a tough reunion for him and Liz sInce everyone close to them is now dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post

Good question! Well, they still have lots of threats - Varvara, Von Klempt, Pluto. VAMPIRES!
    Honestly, I thought everybody would die this issue! The previous issues were so sad that I couldn't see any happy ending.. but the main problem was solved and last page was amazing and make me feel great.