Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default the whole "X-Men Books are dead" panic attacks wouldn't have happened if marvel wasn't being so secretive for SDCC

anyone else agree? we wouldn't have people freaking out claiming the x-men books are canned if marvel had just released their solicits already instead of just releasing a small checklist and then not saying anything else...

but nooo...marvel just has to keep everything a secret so they can wow the crowd at SDCC....

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It also wouldn't have happened if people didn't blatantly disregard everything Marvel actually says about the X-Men and assume they're lying to them.

The whole panick attack wouldn't have happened if people didn't took the complex way too serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It also wouldn't have happened if people didn't blatantly disregard everything Marvel actually says about the X-Men and assume they're lying to them.
    Like when they said that they were doing a anniversary issue for 20 years of Gen X ?.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Like when they said that they were doing a anniversary issue for 20 years of Gen X ?.
    or when they told Kieron Gillen he couldn't use patriot because they had other plans for him

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Disagree. People can just be zen about it and wait a few days more. Pointless blaming Marvel when it's your own free choice to panic or not.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    anyone else agree? we wouldn't have people freaking out claiming the x-men books are canned if marvel had just released their solicits already instead of just releasing a small checklist and then not saying anything else...

but nooo...marvel just has to keep everything a secret so they can wow the crowd at SDCC....
    Well I was the OP, but I'm sure someone else would've made the post or pointed out that there were no X men books solicited on the catalog

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

I honestly don't see the fear as far as it concerns with the books. They sell better than most of what Marvel is pushing with their advertising dollars. They will remain safe as long as they can sell. Marvel would effectively be shooting themselves in the foot cancelling X when they are doing this good.

Mighty Member

That might have something to do with Brevoort lying to people on formspring though.

But the conspiracy son! The Complex!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I guess it wouldn't have happened if people were a little bit more patient.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Incredible Member

I find watching Marvel constantly troll X-fans quite funny actually. Watching people have meltdowns is entertaining.

Not our fault that while they say otherwise, their actions show near disregard for the X-Men in favor of pushing the Inhumans. I mean what X-fan basically thought after nearly a decade of Decimation 'hmm you know what we need in the X-books? Another mutant extinction story!' Did they really think that's what we wanted to read about while we watched the Inhumans thrive? Hell the Death of X cover practically sums up how Marvel feels about the 2 properties based on their actions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    I find watching Marvel constantly troll X-fans quite funny actually. Watching people have meltdowns is entertaining.
    I'm with you. And it doesn't take much to get them riled up.

I mean, there's a legitimate problem with how Marvel's treating the X-Men outside of the comics. But within the comics, while the mutants aren't as promoted as they once were, they're still getting comics. We should be directing our grievances towards the decreased amount of X-Men merchandise & the absence of the X-Men in recent video games. We don't have much to worry about on the comic book side of things.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer