Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hrist View Post
    In Iron Man comics during the 90s, right before The Crossing:

That has to be one of the trashiest BW costumes I've seen. The 1990s seemed to be loaded with bad costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That has to be one of the trashiest BW costumes I've seen. The 1990s seemed to be loaded with bad costumes.
    It wasn't a "real" costume, it was a lingerie version of her old costume that she dressed up in for sex reasons. So it makes sense that it's trashy, at least!
    FYBW: my Black Widow blog.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That's her original 60's costume.

The only thing off model is the red hair which she didn't have back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Most of the time in the 1960s she was wearing something under the fishnets. That could've just been because of coloring technology at the time, but it made for a much less revealing look:

A lot of the fishnets are visibly torn for extra effect in the 90s Iron Man issue, too. As I said, she went and bought it at a lingerie store; it was supposed to be a sexy version of her Silver Age costume.
    FYBW: my Black Widow blog.

So Tony isn't a half-elf anymore? Has that been retconned already?

About Black Widow, I think Marvel wouldn't have Tony sleep with her AND be her son, but Marvel is perfectly able to retcon Tony sleeping with her and pretend it never happened; they ignore most of Tony's past anyways, including the fact that this Tony Stark isn't the original Tony Stark, but a combination of Teen Tony from a parallel timeline and Franklinverse's Tony.
    Last edited by Habis; 07-21-2016 at 03:03 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hrist View Post
    It wasn't a "real" costume, it was a lingerie version of her old costume that she dressed up in for sex reasons. So it makes sense that it's trashy, at least!
    Ahhh.. should have known with Stark lounging around in a silk robe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

It's off model in that it's a bit too cheeky from the silver age version

But this is more her original look from quite a few early appearances...she's more of a seductress/femme fatale in a fur stole and cocktail dress.

But back to the point, I really hope she is not going to be his mother because it makes their early encounters too creepy.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I really and truly hate when writers come in and mess with things that are not broken. Tony Stark did not need his origin messed with period. If anything all the stupid twists and turns hurt the character and take away the self made man he used to be.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I really and truly hate when writers come in and mess with things that are not broken. Tony Stark did not need his origin messed with period. If anything all the stupid twists and turns hurt the character and take away the self made man he used to be.
    Spoken for truth. This whole thing is abominable.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

not a snowball's chance in hell that it is Natasha.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Spoken for truth. This whole thing is abominable.
    Agreed.

They're more than friends.

lovers.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    huh? are you thinking of Northstar and Aurora, by chance?

Mighty Member

About Black Widow, I think Marvel wouldn't have Tony sleep with her AND be her son, but Marvel is perfectly able to retcon Tony sleeping with her and pretending it never happened; they ignore most of Tony's past anyways, including the fact that this Tony Stark isn't the original Tony Stark, but a combination of Teen Tony from a parallel timeline and Franklinverse's Tony.
    Well to be completely accurate its also the original Tony Stark which Franklin sort of "recreated". Its sort of like how Hawkeye came out of Franklinverse with his hearing restored, its because Franklin didn't know he had lost it in the early 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    huh? are you thinking of Northstar and Aurora, by chance?
    Malekith revealed that Tony had elven blood. And Tony used his own internal ear's bones for a magitech device (built by Dark Angel) that required the ear bones of an elf in order to work (and the device worked fine).

However, the writers kinda forgot about that and didn't elaborate it further.

Even if it's still so, it doesn't remotely mean that Tony is half elf. He could be centuries removed from an elf ancestor, kinda like most of the new Inhumans.

Malekith revealed that Tony had elven blood. And Tony used his own internal ear's bones for a magitech device (built by Dark Angel) that required the ear bones of an elf in order to work (and the device worked fine).

However, the writers kinda forgot about that and didn't elaborate it further.
    well it is a Fraction story. those are thrown out; left and right.