Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Remender made Steve Roger's dad a physically abusive drunk.
    Well, it had been established that Steve's dad was an alcoholic back during the height of Tony's alcoholism when Cap tried to help him out of it, but I don't think it was ever established that he was physically abusive until Rick Remender's run.

And now Nick Spencer is doubling-down on Steve's dad as someone who repeatedly hits his wife.

I recall seeing a rumor that Aunt May was supposedly Peter's real mother, after May had relationships with both Ben Parker and his brother. Did anything ever become of that?
    Oh lord, that's from that awful Trouble book by Millar and Dodson. Marvel's "attempt" to get back in the romance game, which just happened to use Peter Parker's family in a messed up situation to do it.

It was so bad that Marvel just basically disavowed it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm still hoping Tony's mom is:

spoilers:
    Doom's daughter which he had with Morgan Le Fey
    end of spoilers

Also Supermutant2099 you have your twitter address as your YouTube link in your signature box.
    Given future developments, this is a pretty good call.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm still hoping Tony's mom is:

spoilers:
    Doom's daughter which he had with Morgan Le Fey
    end of spoilers

Also Supermutant2099 you have your twitter address as your YouTube link in your signature box.

ok, she is black hair, blue eyes, maybe..

Caroline_le_Fay_(Earth-616)_from_Deadpool_&_the_Mercs_for_Money_Vol_1_2_002.jpg

much better than Natasha

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    I just hope it doesn't turn out that Natasha and Tony have sex and she goes back in time and has a baby and that baby turns out to be Tony so Tony turns out to be his own father!
    That gives me a headache just thinking about it

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Why do writers feel the need to fiddle with characters parentage?

Remender made Steve Roger's dad a physically abusive drunk.
    Yes the start of where Remender started to lose my interest. I just didn't feel that was a useful or necessary add on. Mind you I feel that way about his entire run on Cap these days.

Next we will probably hear that what Nick Fury whispered to Thor to make him feel he was unworthy was he's not really Odin's son!
    Just don't, you should have your fingers crossed or something when you write ideas like that down in public.

Next we will probably hear that what Nick Fury whispered to Thor to make him feel he was unworthy was he's not really Odin's son!
    That actually makes sense... it's scary, very scary...

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon View Post
    Just don't, you should have your fingers crossed or something when you write ideas like that down in public.
    Yeah, you never know when some intern from Marvel might be cruising the forums, see what Ken Ashcroft wrote, take it back to the editorial department who then runs with it in the comics like nobody's business.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bubibartra View Post
    ok, she is black hair, blue eyes, maybe..

Caroline_le_Fay_(Earth-616)_from_Deadpool_&_the_Mercs_for_Money_Vol_1_2_002.jpg

much better than Natasha
    I don't know if I can wrap my brain around spoilers:
    Doom being Tony's grandpa
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't know if I can wrap my brain around spoilers:
    Doom being Tony's grandpa
    end of spoilers
    is it weirder than him possibly adopting Nathaniel Richards' other kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Could he be Tesla's biological son?

Arno needs to join donyell taylor and Coldfire (what a ridiculous villain name) in a super people's suprise brother support group. then someone needs to drop an atom bomb on that group.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Could he be Tesla's biological son?
    well my original theory (and i'm sticking by it) is that Stark is somehow a product of that first S.H.I.E.L.D collaboration; whether it's a descendant of Nikola Tesla or some kind of science experiment. it just makes too much sense. if you look at the preview, Bendis is really hitting that Howard Stark was an agent of shield beat. but the shield he was part of was the super old super secret version that davinci oversaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    As I said, Tony's ear bones worked like elven ear bones for Dark Angel's magitech, so it's a strong hint that there is some truth in what Malekith did.
    there's a strong hint that drugs and creative writing don't always mix.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 07-22-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it had been established that Steve's dad was an alcoholic back during the height of Tony's alcoholism when Cap tried to help him out of it, but I don't think it was ever established that he was physically abusive until Rick Remender's run.

And now Nick Spencer is doubling-down on Steve's dad as someone who repeatedly hits his wife.
    well that's not exactly exclusive to those folks. Clint Barton, Flash Thompson, and Otto Octavius had abusive drunk fathers. Chuck Austen almost added Henry Pym's father to that list.

I rather like the idea that Natasha killed Tony's parents. Sure, the MCU have done that already but it would still be interesting to see how such an event affect their comic relationship.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Is that still considered canon? I thought makes for too tangled a family tree if Kristoff were Reed's half brother and Doom's adopted heir.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Is that still considered canon? I thought makes for too tangled a family tree if Kristoff were Reed's half brother and Doom's adopted heir.
    I'm not sure that it was every made official. but they dropped enough hints.