Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default DC Comics' Milestone Update: "Still Moving Forward'"

A year after DC Comics announced plans to bring back the Milestone characters, Co-Publisher Jim Lee confirms the revival is still in motion.

Full article here.

Fantastic Member

Does DC have a fear of doing ongoings set on other earths in the DCU or what? Excluding comics based on games/toys/tv/movies or in the case of the Bombshells a line of alternate covers, Earth 2 is the only book that is an ongoing that takes place on an alternate earth. Convergence and Grant Morrison's Multiversity set up Alternate Earths to play with that could have had at least one...if not more ongoing books.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    A year after DC Comics announced plans to bring back the Milestone characters, Co-Publisher Jim Lee confirms the revival is still in motion.

Full article here.
    So let me get this straight they're reviving the Milestone characters but they'll only be in their own universe called Earth M? Published only sporadically as OGN's, one shots and mini series? Oh yeah like like that's going to go over well. Does that not seem like the Milestone characters are being segregated from the rest of the DC universe?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redvector View Post
    So let me get this straight they're reviving the Milestone characters but they'll only be in their own universe called Earth M? Published only sporadically as OGN's, one shots and mini series? Oh yeah like like that's going to go over well. Does that not seem like the Milestone characters are being segregated from the rest of the DC universe?
    YES

I rather have one shots, OGN & mini than series RUINED by editors who don't care for the characters.

Any of those will still do better than what they are doing with Cyborg & John Stewart.

There needs to be a team-up between Cyborg and Hardware. Make it happen.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    There needs to be a team-up between Cyborg and Hardware. Make it happen.
    You're forgetting someone else who should be there....

Really not against One-Shots and Mini-Series if I get good stories out of it and if they do it to see what sticks until they can turn back to On-Goings I would be even happier but I will only believe Milestone will return when it does. A slower pace can mean in five years for all I know. Still good to see that something is still happening.

Mighty Member

Shame that the slow pace is from the Milestone side. It just seems like Milestone isn't a priority for what's left of its owners. It didn't seem that way back then when everyone jumped shipped either. I mean, Hudlin may be busy, but unless he's in a role to write or edit, which he definitely doesn't need to be, I don't see where the time suck is, especially if you're talking "every week" anyway.
    Last edited by scribbleMind; 07-21-2016 at 12:13 PM.

I like the plan and the books being set in their own universe. That is part of what made them work before. Now if they could do the same for Wildstorm I'd be doubly happy today.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Spectacular Member 100010959493281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redvector View Post
    Yep.

And I have zero problem with that.

And I echo the sentiment of Cyborg and John Stewart (although I'm not sure much can be done with Cyborg period, but that's just me). No, but when it comes to DC it seems like either they don't care, or they don't know what to do with Cyborg and John Stewart. John Stewart should be DC's premier black super-hero, but he hasn't had his own book in almost 25 years. It's like, what the f*ck are they doing? It's weird.

Anyway, yeah, let Milestone have it's own universe, it's own Dakota-verse, and do it's own thing.

I'm in favor of "segregation" in this instance.

Overall, good to know that Milestone 2.0 is still moving forward. It's taking a long time, but hey, it'll eventually get here (hopefully).

This seems like nothing but lip service, but that's just the cynic in me talking.

BANNED

Another year and still nothing

There's ways to keep people's I interest going by dropping previews or covers but nope.........just nothing but upcoming Marvel covers........

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

The vagueness of when is killing me.

As much as I want to believe this, until I see solicits, covers, or previews, I'll assume there's nothing going on.

Priest involvement is nice. I wanted more info though... they said Hudlin is less busy now so hopefully things move faster.