Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    photo libre

You can find quite many details such as shell casings popping out of the gun, the rivet holes on the barrel, the door panes, the stitches on the doll and the flowery pattern and frills on the girl's dress.

photo libre

The brick pavement looks detailed.
    Many of those details look manufactured tho. The prints on the girl's dress definitely weren't drawn in.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Moebius

and Drulliet

and especially Schuiten

Woah where can I find that?

You mean Schuiten.
    he has many Graphic Novels, done with co-writer Benoit Peeters, that have been translated into English. Great stuff.
    try Amazon and eBay.

Amazing Member pearlofthepacific's Avatar

Vittorio Giardino (No Pasaran etc.)
    CMX NOPASARAN FCOV sml.jpg

Kaoru Mori Otoyome Monogatari / Bride's Story) shown in posts above is one of my favorite artists.

I will add a few images later from other mangaka who have a particular eye for detail...

Tomonori INOUE Coppelion. I love his dystopian Tokyo scenes.

Daisuke IGARASHI Witches. Inimical...

Mari YAMAZAKI Thermae Romae. Very classical style, but she pays attention to detail in both her people and her backgrounds.

Shizuka ITO / ITOU "Sanjuro Meshi" . This is a food comic, but ITO has a great way of drawing backstreet scenes.

Fuyumi SORYO / SOURYO Cesare. This centers on Cesare Borgia....wonderful to look at.

Kei OHKUBO Arte https://clairemca.wordpress.com/2016...ode-one-manga/ story of a woman who wants to be an artist...the story is a bit thin, but the pictures are pretty!

Shin'ichi ISHIZUKA Gaku (Vertical), Blue Giant, and many others. I'm not so fond of his people, but his landscapes have a great sense of scale as well as plenty of detail.

Michitsune NAKAJIMA Gunka no Baltzar (Baltzer in Army Boots) I haven't read much of his work, but he is one of those people who can combine detail with a very personal style and a nice comics-y sense of movement.

Kazuhiro FUJITA Ghost & Lady (a kind of paranormal historical fantasy involving Florence Nightingale as you never knew her) does a lot of hand-drawn detail on the kind of motion lines that are often generated by software these days.

Jiro TANIGUCHI The Lonely Gourmet etc, but he has also done one of the Louvre series: The Guardians of the Louvre. Although I admire his art, he is one of those people whose pictures DON'T have a strong sense of movement.
    GL 19small.jpg
    Last edited by pearlofthepacific; 08-07-2016 at 01:47 AM. Reason: unify italics!

Extraordinary Member

Mr Allred.