Super Moderator

Default SDCC: Spotlight on DC Co-Publisher Jim Lee

DC Comics Co-Publisher -- and veteran superstar comic book artist -- Jim Lee talks to the Thursday crowd at Comic-Con International in San Diego.

Full article here.

I wonder if he'll address the elephant in the room. The fact is if Geoff johns hadn't swooped in and saved his butt with Rebirth he would have run DC into the Ground with his misguided DCYou initiative.

WildCats back, interesting
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronDuck View Post
    I wonder if he'll address the elephant in the room. The fact is if Geoff johns hadn't swooped in and saved his butt with Rebirth he would have run DC into the Ground with his misguided DCYou initiative.
    Meh DC You had some great books. I know it didn't sell well, but as a fan getting Omega Men, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary and Midnighter out of a year of DC comics was pretty great.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Meh DC You had some great books. I know it didn't sell well, but as a fan getting Omega Men, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary and Midnighter out of a year of DC comics was pretty great.
    The misguided aspect of the DCYou initiative was The Abandon Ye all hope of continuity mentality. He decided why bother with editorial oversight of the DC Universe when I can publicly denounce continuity and eat pop-tarts and Ramen at 3:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronDuck View Post
    The misguided aspect of the DCYou initiative was The Abandon Ye all hope of continuity mentality. He decided why bother with editorial oversight of the DC Universe when I can publicly denounce continuity and eat pop-tarts and Ramen at 3:00 AM.
    It did give us some funny Dan Didio memes though .

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

What were you thinking giving Superman a collar and body armor? And is this universe's Superman ever coming back or are we stuck with Superdad?
    Assassinate Putin!

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

WILDCats making a comeback eh? I dunno about that. If they are on their own alternate earth that's fine. Not so sure about bringing them into the main DCU though.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    WILDCats making a comeback eh? I dunno about that. If they are on their own alternate earth that's fine. Not so sure about bringing them into the main DCU though.
    This. I'm all for a return. But if it means having Steve Trevor on the team or other DC heroes, Spartan a creation of LexCorp (just throwing out ideas I don't like), no thanks. In their own universe interacting with other Wildstorm characters and pulling from Wildstorm history, I'm all in. I'm wary about seeing them in the DCU.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

All I read was WildC.A.T.s/Spartan return!! I hope they give us the REAL team and not more James Bronson's... If Brett Booth's sketch means anything, it seems we may be getting an actual team. Mini-series, one-shot, or whatever. Hype!!