Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

not related but New U is the name of the Jackal's new clone-based company; over in Spider-man's title. just found it amusing w/ all of the New Universe characters seeping into the 616.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    From what I understand of Ellis' Vogt character, Vogt was a retired person roped in to handle a difficult situation of how to kill super humans. He seemed rather a reluctant hero to me.
    that's a fair take on it. I thought he was a bit obsessive; like he considered it his duty to kill superhumans. I could be misinterpreting things, though. his marvel bio describes him as kind of obsessive.

Voight believes in Darwinian Imperatives so completely that he convinced Randolph that all superhumans needed to be killed before they could have the chance to band together for mutual defense and begin reproducing Voight personally murdered each of the three superhumans: shooting Anthony Stark (Cipher) in the head, blowing up Lester Robbins, poisoning Veronica Kelly, and shooting Robbins and Kelly's newborn child.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Philip_Voight_(Earth-555)

I just noticed that his name varies slightly in each universe. it was originally 'Voight' in the New Universe. it's 'Voigt' in New Universal. and, by my account, 'Vogt' in the Marvel Universe-proper. that's creepy.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I never realised New Universal characters were springing up everywhere. So not just Ultimate Universe, but New Universal, and a few other Alternative Realities are sprinkled in the 616 now. Nothing interesting will come about because of this. Nothing has so far.
    Keep in mind the New Universal stuff started appearing pre-Secret Wars with Nightmask and Firebrand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Keep in mind the New Universal stuff started appearing pre-Secret Wars with Nightmask and Firebrand.
    right. and that's when they started talking about time being broken, iirc. that scrawny blonde kid, Ken, wasn't supposed to get the Starbrand.