Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why hasn't she ever gotten a video game?

I'm surprised.. especially since they're trying to make her more "badass" and such with the sword and emphasis on her warrior upbringing. Given how most adaptations of her rarely show superspeed aside from reaction time, BvS changed that though, being too fast should not be an issue and they can obviously tone down all of her abilities for the sake of the video game story.

I mean like a solo video game.

Mighty Member

She hasnt had the exposure

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    She hasnt had the exposure
    Aquaman got a video game before she did, albeit bad but he wasn't even in the JL cartoon founding roster.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    Aquaman got a video game before she did, albeit bad but he wasn't even in the JL cartoon founding roster.
    I wouldn't expect them to repeat another thing like that since it did work the first time

BANNED

Same reason she hasn't had a feature film before now:

-The games industry is/was primarily run by dudes, dudes who didn't think A) girls would play videogames B) a videogame could be headed by a woman unless you could appeal to the boys somehow...

Like take this as an example of the industry of old: Players were shocked when they found out at the end of the first Metroid game that the person who they had been leading around in a suit of power armor was actually a woman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post

-The games industry is/was primarily run by dudes, dudes who didn't think A) girls would play videogames B) a videogame could be headed by a woman unless you could appeal to the boys somehow...
    This

Some one just needs to do a God of War Clone but with Diana.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by unholyrevenger72 View Post
    This

A part of me says: Yes, just do that!

But another part of me is thinking... GoW may just be the wrong thing to do, on paper its too easy and I think quite alot of people are going to make the GoW connection and mock it for the lack of originality. Tbh, if Rocksteady was up to the challenge... I'd think a Wonder Woman 'Arkham Asylum' is what would be best: a tight story, great combat, great enviroments to move around in and so on.

Like take this as an example:
    Diana has been dispatched to Gateway City to deal with a suspected Olympian menace. Along the way she has to deal with local criminals, cultists serving this unknown evil, save innocents, track down important characters and occasionally gets dragged off to Olympus or Hades because someone is asking for a knuckle sandwich or wants a chat. And at the end we can get what none of the Arkham games really had: a proper boss-fight to finish it all off.
    As for side quests, without going overboard, you could have some of Diana's non-Olympian foes running around the place and it will be up to you to bring them down.
    Last edited by Outside_85; 10-10-2016 at 01:31 AM.

Mighty Member

But another part of me is thinking... GoW may just be the wrong thing to do, on paper its too easy and I think quite alot of people are going to make the GoW connection and mock it for the lack of originality. Tbh, if Rocksteady was up to the challenge... I'd think a Wonder Woman 'Arkham Asylum' is what would be best: a tight story, great combat, great enviroments to move around in and so on.

Like take this as an example:
    Diana has been dispatched to Gateway City to deal with a suspected Olympian menace. Along the way she has to deal with local criminals, cultists serving this unknown evil, save innocents, track down important characters and occasionally gets dragged off to Olympus or Hades because someone is asking for a knuckle sandwich or wants a chat. And at the end we can get what none of the Arkham games really had: a proper boss-fight to finish it all off.
    As for side quests, without going overboard, you could have some of Diana's non-Olympian foes running around the place and it will be up to you to bring them down.
    I think Arkham meets Mass Effect would be a good video game for her. The combat and world of Arkham like you said and ME's dialogue options and moral situations with heavy focus on characters would work for Diana's personality

If I remember correctly, Heavenly Sword did very well when it was brought out. I think a combo of that and God of War would make an excellent Wonder woman Game.

Like take this as an example of the industry of old: Players were shocked when they found out at the end of the first Metroid game that the person who they had been leading around in a suit of power armor was actually a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyrevenger72 View Post
    This

Richard Alexander

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    I think Arkham meets Mass Effect would be a good video game for her. The combat and world of Arkham like you said and ME's dialogue options and moral situations with heavy focus on characters would work for Diana's personality
    Tbh I think you should steer clear of conversation pies and wavering morals of a character like Diana. It's fine when the character is basically yourself or who you want them to be, but Diana is supposed to be Diana and not end us with choices of Diana the saint and Flashpoint Diana.

And thats kinda another plus with the Arkham series, the story is usually pretty tight and it means Batman gets depicted as the Batman most people want to see... now waver between the Alan West and Frank Miller versions.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    If I remember correctly, Heavenly Sword did very well when it was brought out. I think a combo of that and God of War would make an excellent Wonder woman Game.
    Eh... wasn't Heavenly Sword a PS3 launch title that was basically a GoW clone to start with?

Sadly, the video game industry is even further behind the times than comic books. Especially with a character like Wonder Woman, who is the very epitome of female empowerment (as well as being a gay icon).

It's changing, though, and I hope we will one day get a WW game that does her justice. I think God of War is too violent for Wonder Woman, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Sadly, the video game industry is even further behind the times than comic books. Especially with a character like Wonder Woman, who is the very epitome of female empowerment (as well as being a gay icon).

It's changing, though, and I hope we will one day get a WW game that does her justice. I think God of War is too violent for Wonder Woman, though.
    Bold: I have to say I think the games industry needs to be a bit more grown up before that part can be depicted with any decency or taste.

Bold: I have to say I think the games industry needs to be a bit more grown up before that part can be depicted with any decency or taste.
    Oh, I agree wholeheartedly.

The GoW revenge aspect shouldn't be for Diana.. not only will be viewed as a knockoff, it just doesn't suit her. Why does Diana need to kill literally all of the gods, titans, olympians for what? I guess you could follow the New 52 and say she wants revenge on the Olympians for killing Hippolyta but other than that?

BANNED

You would get the same exact Lack of Originality criticisms if were just Wonder Woman 'Arkham Asylum'.

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    The GoW revenge aspect shouldn't be for Diana.. not only will be viewed as a knockoff, it just doesn't suit her. Why does Diana need to kill literally all of the gods, titans, olympians for what? I guess you could follow the New 52 and say she wants revenge on the Olympians for killing Hippolyta but other than that?
    by God of War clone i don't mean the story elements, i mean game play and structure.