View Poll Results: Wonder Woman should be stronger than superman?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 11.29%
  • No

56 45.16%
  • Equal

54 43.55%
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

She doesn't need to be stronger than him to be a great character. Although I do think she could use better feats...Let her pull some planets, suns, moons, etc again. But anyways, make her equally strong, but emphasize the difference and source of their powers.

Problem solved.

Mighty Member

No "Doesn't matter" choice?

To me her mouscle strenght levels aren't what makes her equal to Superman (or as in most cases, BETTER).

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    So because you haven't read them, means they didn't happen? Aw ok then.

Attachment 38177
    To be fair, Marston did stuff like this (which was awesome), but also had her knocked unconscious from a blow to the back of the head by Hypnota of all people. Non=-powered Priscilla Rich Cheetah also got some blows in I think. Consistency was not his strong point.

Spectacular Member

I say equal. She's got enough advantages over the big blue without being out and out stronger.

BANNED

Might, machismo and dominance tend to go hand in hand with physical strength, it's importance has decreased but it still lives on and has recognition, which is why I dont think Superman fans will ever compromise on strength, if Diana really ends up surpassing or equaling Supes in this one area he pretty much gets kicked out of his perch and will no longer be considered the number uno super hero.

BANNED

Ooops, my Bad Wonder Woman Vol. 2 #19 here is the page explaining.
    Yeah no thanks, no one cares about that origin. The word of the New God creators and writers> word of a Wonder Woman writer from a comic most New God fans probably never even read. The New Gods are symbolic descendants of Marvel's Norse mythology. With in DC canon itself they are the successors of the Promethean giants and the Old Gods, some of the old Gods are Arzaz, Gog, Mageddon etc, these characters are all original and have nothing to do with Greek mythology.

... I voted yes.. but... his power level would be similar.. and Superman has weaknesses, the worst for his powers red sun...

Despite my vote... EQUAL.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    In the end it doesn't matter. BatGod beats both of them easily.
    No exploitable silver-age weaknesses means that the Batgod doesn't even know where to start with Wonder Woman, other than "call in Superman".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    No exploitable silver-age weaknesses means that the Batgod doesn't even know where to start with Wonder Woman, other than "call in Superman".
    He seduces her with the power of Bat love.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Yeah no thanks, no one cares about that origin. The word of the New God creators and writers> word of a Wonder Woman writer from a comic most New God fans probably never even read. The New Gods are symbolic descendants of Marvel's Norse mythology. With in DC canon itself they are the successors of the Promethean giants and the Old Gods, some of the old Gods are Arzaz, Gog, Mageddon etc, these characters are all original and have nothing to do with Greek mythology.
    Thats fine, i'm going to go with George Perez, who wasn't just any writer. But do you.
    Richard Alexander

Ultimate Member

They should be about equal imo. He may have a relatively small edge in terms of pure strength, plus his other abilities (heat vision, x-ray vision, super-breath, etc). But she balances that out with superior fighting technique, lifelong training as a warrior, and a more tactical mindset (although Batman has them both beat in that regard).

This whole thing about what the characters did or did not do in the past, is irrelevant to this particular conversation imo. I don't really care what ridiculous things writers had Supes do back in the Silver Age, or what the original creators might or might not have planned (because in both cases, those versions of the character have long since been changed and modified a lot).

What matters, is what they do NOW, in 2016. But that's just my take on it anyway.

BANNED

Thats fine, i'm going to go with George Perez, who wasn't just any writer. But do you.
    Sure, only problem here is that DC doesn't acknowledge it or Perez's Superman so it's not like he's infallible nor does he have any authority on New Gods. It would be like finding out that Diana is the daughter of Ra's al Ghul in a forgotten and unacknowledged Batman comic and using it as "evidence".

Sure, only problem here is that DC doesn't acknowledge it or Perez's Superman so it's not like he's infallible nor does he have any authority on New Gods. It would be like finding out that Diana is the daughter of Ra's al Ghul in a forgotten and unacknowledged Batman comic and using it as "evidence".
    Well, I provided an actual comic book page where it explains where they have come from. You haven't provided anything other than "What was intended". I'm going with what the actual comic page says.

Feel free to provide issue numbers/actual proof.
    Richard Alexander

Does the old origin for the New Gods even remain in the current continuity?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Does the old origin for the New Gods even remain in the current continuity?
    Do we even have a new origin in current continuity. One comic is telling us that there is only one set of New Gods in the Multiverse, yet dead New Gods appear in other books. *Earth 2 and Justice League/Wonder Woman/Superman)

Until they tell us otherwise, i'll just stick to the "old origin", especially since they are bringing back some of that continuity.
    Richard Alexander