Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    The only thing that interests me is the fact that we will know where Emma has been all this time. I hope to god she isn't dead but then again I remember one of the editors said a few months that she is planning something. So I am interested to see where that goes.

And heck yes to Asmus returning to write some X-Books! Now that's an underrated and great writer!
    Asmus is writing an X book?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Asmus is writing an X book?
    I don't believe so. He's the current (and only) writer for the (cancelled) All-New Inhumans book. He's there because Marvel has decided that the X-Men and Inhumans fandoms (What little there is of the latter) intersect heavily, and as such we had all those questions from inhumans fans at this panel, like the one where--

--Wait. There were none.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    we've known that for months though. So they're just reminding us of what's already been said.
    I haven't heard one damn thing about any fan favorite mutant returning for Civil War #3. Not in X Position or any of Bunn's tweets.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I'm not so sure Magneto is a survivor and veteran of many battles.
    And he's MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more feared than Blackbolt...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cognition View Post
    I don't believe so. He's the current (and only) writer for the (cancelled) All-New Inhumans book. He's there because Marvel has decided that the X-Men and Inhumans fandoms (What little there is of the latter) intersect heavily, and as such we had all those questions from inhumans fans at this panel, like the one where--

--Wait. There were none.
    Asmus had health problems so he didn't actually end up going to San Diego or the panel obviously. So its not exactly like there would've been anyone there to answer their questions on a panel of only x writers...

Also weird to comment on the questions when you clearly didn't see or read up on the panel since you didn't realize Asmus cancelled and wasn't part of it.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    And he's MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more feared than Blackbolt...lol.
    He did capture and brainwash Blackbolt years ago. He almost got him to destroy the inhumans. I am sure Blackbolt remembers.

Not certain answer about Gambit. I hope they have something interesting for him.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Well im gonna take a shot and say that Havok is in the cards for Uncannny X-Men once Death of X Wraps.

Holding out for good gambit stuff. UA probably.

With no hint that an upheavel is in the cards, which im happy about im eager to see the xbooks as of december and january since DOX will wrap in november

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    lol so the climactic build-up and wait that is allegedly toying with our expectations was a reveal that...all of the X-Books are continuing their current storylines!

Astonishing!
    Wrong. There's nothing about the Old Man Logan. Apparently it will be closed, so as not to interfere with the sales of "all new all shiny Wolverine."
    And this is another point to criticize Marvel. And finally this is the reason for me to stop reading all those comics.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylarue View Post
    It really should be called:

Ex-Men Versus The InWHOmans

I dont mind the Inhumans, I just dont need to see them everywhere. They just arent that interesting.
    Tell that to Marvel Studios.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeeeeah. Look, more and more, Marvel's charging $5 for first issues. Depending on where you get your books, that's roughly 1/4 to 1/2 of the TPB price. (For example, my pre-order savings from Amazon meant I got the first volume of The Ultimates for $11.) Sorry, but it's not on the consumer to support a company's business model, it's up to the company to make it worth their while to do so. And between price point vs page count, bait-and-switch creative teams, the new seasonal business model that says I might as well wait for the trade no matter what, and not a lot of characters I'm terribly passionate about anymore, Marvel isn't doing that for me right now.
    To be honest, it's irrelevant for a limited run like Death of X. Good or bad sales aren't going to change things. For an ongoing series, I think he's correct (only a handful charged more for the first issue, such as Black Panther. I don't think most of them did). However, the real problem is the Comic Book industry sales model that only actually cares about preorders. Both trades and even day of purchases aren't a huge factor in whether a series continues, which is absurd. Hopefully, with the increase in internet sales, that'll start to change (at least preorders help determine the amount that ships so there is a twisted logic to it).

Solid panel. Didn't reveal much more than we already knew. Glad we got confirmation that we will see Havok and Emma Frost again. Personally, I hope Emma Frost shows up in Uncanny X-men under Cullen Bunn. I'd love to see her write Emma, as only he can. That might be hoping for too much though. I get the sense that her current state is almost as bad as Cyclops.

I'm also glad someone asked about how long Marvel planned this out. From the looks of it, they knew this was coming back in 2014. I'm hoping there's an endgame here. Same with the O5. I'm glad someone asked about that too. It confirms what I suspected. The O5 are staying for a while and will factor into a larger plan. That plan might not play out for another couple of years, but I do think it will manifest in the form of another Messiah Complex level event. I think that's what Marvel is building towards with the X-men right now. That's a style of event that Marvel hasn't been able to put together for the X-men in quite some time. I'd like to see something like that again.

The only thing that troubles me is that Alonso keeps claiming that Cyclops is his favorite character. Yet he's pretty much destroying his credibility and not really hiding it. I find that somewhat worrying. If he's a favorite, why denigrate him like this? Makes me shudder to think what he'd do to characters he doesn't like.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeeeeah. Look, more and more, Marvel's charging $5 for first issues. Depending on where you get your books, that's roughly 1/4 to 1/2 of the TPB price. (For example, my pre-order savings from Amazon meant I got the first volume of The Ultimates for $11.) Sorry, but it's not on the consumer to support a company's business model, it's up to the company to make it worth their while to do so. And between price point vs page count, bait-and-switch creative teams, the new seasonal business model that says I might as well wait for the trade no matter what, and not a lot of characters I'm terribly passionate about anymore, Marvel isn't doing that for me right now.
    I agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Wrong. There's nothing about the Old Man Logan. Apparently it will be closed, so as not to interfere with the sales of "all new all shiny Wolverine."
    And this is another point to criticize Marvel. And finally this is the reason for me to stop reading all those comics.
    Is that confirmed or is that just your guess based on them not talking him up? I mean the October solicites had Old Man Logan on them. I do agree however that they are purposefully not talking about him to prop up All New Wolverine but I don't think they are canceling especially considering that OML has outsold All New Wolverine every issue but number one.
    Last edited by WeaponX; 07-22-2016 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Is that confirmed or is that just your guess based on them not talking him up? I mean the October solicites had Old Man Logan on them.

I do agree however that they are purposefully not talking about him to prop up All New Wolverine but I don't think they are canceling especially considering that OML has outsold All New Wolverine every issue but number one.

Old Man Logan no tie-in Civil War and no announcements on SDCC. All that we have is that will be autumnal Old Man Logan #12. It is not enough for optimism. 12th issue may be the last and therefore no announcements...
    Last edited by Jumbo; 07-22-2016 at 06:33 AM.