Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Adult Cyclops was a lost cause. Killing him off was the only direction left they could take the character. One last hurrah. The teen version is much more likeable and I'm glad they are going forward with that one instead.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    X-Men events are about the X-Men. Cyke is their leader. So it's only logic he get big parts in X-Men events.
    I'm not the one saying it's a bad thing. But if it's events that don't focus on Cyclops you are looking for buying Second Coming or Battle of the Atom are hardly gonna make you happy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    He isn't even appearing in any X books atm, the only Cyclops is teen Cyclops and he's leaving to star the new Marvel Now flagship with a writer that loves him.
    It took 10 years to get him out of everyone's face. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    Adult Cyclops was a lost cause. Killing him off was the only direction left they could take the character. One last hurrah. The teen version is much more likeable and I'm glad they are going forward with that one instead.
    I already think differently adult Cyclops is someone who saw reality as it is after years of struggle without results, it is no longer a child or young dreamer unlike his younger version his experiences showed him that sometimes sacrifices are needed and being a leader is not the same thing as being a hero.

For years followed this character grow and now have to be content with a young dreamer Scott believes that will change the world? That will make the same mistakes?

I'm sorry this can even work with new readers but as old Scott said after Schism feel I graduated already and do not need to go back to school.

However agree to the style of comics a character like old Cyclops is a problem because it encourages fans to move on opposing the status quo. Turned into something that exceeded their expectations and now everything revolves around him even being absent this is bad for several reasons they need to take he from the board to make room for other characters and ensure the status quo will be maintained using the O5.
    Last edited by Knives; 07-23-2016 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I already think differently adult Cyclops is someone who saw reality as it is after years of struggle without results, it is no longer a child or young dreamer unlike his younger version his experiences showed him that sometimes sacrifices are needed and being a leader is not the same thing as being a hero.

For years followed this character grow and now have to be content with a young dreamer Scott believes that will change the world? That will make the same mistakes?

I'm sorry this can even work with new readers but as old Scott said after Schism feel I graduated already and do not need to go back to school.

However agree to the style of comics a character like old Cyclops is a problem because it encourages fans to move on opposing the status quo. Turned into something that exceeded their expectations and now everything revolves around him even being absent this is bad for several reasons they need to take he from the board to make room for other characters and ensure the status quo will be maintained using the O5.
    Totally agree.

Is magneto leading the x-men in war

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    I'm not the one saying it's a bad thing. But if it's events that don't focus on Cyclops you are looking for buying Second Coming or Battle of the Atom are hardly gonna make you happy.
    Second Coming was Hope's story. And really, Cyke did a whole lot of nothing after the first issue of BOTA other than yell at Wolverine while Jean, Emma, and the Cuckoos were having their psychic battle with Xorna.

Do you think that Cyclops tried to use the Phoenix against the Inhumans? Given that he had the Phoenix Egg, and how he was all about survival of the species during the last part of his life, I think it possible that he merged again with the Phoenix Force, tried to dissipate the Terrigen Cloud, failed for some reason and then he attacked the Inhumans in desperation.

Or maybe he didn't even try to dissipate the Terrigen Cloud. Last time he merged with the Phoenix he forgot the reason he did it in first place (undoing Wanda's spell) and used the Phoenix's power for something completely different. And in Battleworld he went full bananas "WE MUTANTS ARE GOING TO CONQUER THIS WORLD WAHAHAHAHAH!!!!" style. It could be that after merging with the Phoenix he decided to kill the Inhumans and conquer the world before even trying to dissipate the cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Do you think that Cyclops tried to use the Phoenix against the Inhumans? Given that he had the Phoenix Egg, and how he was all about survival of the species during the last part of his life, I think it possible that he merged again with the Phoenix Force, tried to dissipate the Terrigen Cloud, failed for some reason and then he attacked the Inhumans in desperation.

Or maybe he didn't even try to dissipate the Terrigen Cloud. Last time he merged with the Phoenix he forgot the reason he did it in first place (undoing Wanda's spell) and used the Phoenix's power for something completely different. And in Battleworld he went full bananas "WE MUTANTS ARE GOING TO CONQUER THIS WORLD WAHAHAHAHAH!!!!" style. It could be that after merging with the Phoenix he decided to kill the Inhumans and conquer the world before even trying to dissipate the cloud.
    That would require anyone remembering that he had the Egg. And I don't think anyone is going to put that in.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    That would require anyone remembering that he had the Egg. And I don't think anyone is going to put that in.
    I don't think they will forget the Phoenix Egg. I think they had already thought about the Death of X story at that point, and that the Phoenix Egg is going to be central to it. They gave too many hints.

In fact Cyclops and Phoenix 5 failed to undo the Wanda spell but it was convenient not addressed in AvX.

Just as they ignored the existence of Rachel or the fact BP had decided not involve Wakanda until suddenly decided hide the Avengers and holding a mutant against his will in his kingdom which generated Namor attack.

What about conquering the world everything was fine until the Avengers attack Utopia after Hope. There was free electricity, food to poor countries for free, water and most importantly the wars ended and the refugees were returning to their home countries.
    Last edited by Knives; 07-24-2016 at 07:38 AM.

BANNED

I don't think they will forget the Phoenix Egg. I think they had already thought about the Death of X story at that point, and that the Phoenix Egg is going to be central to it. They gave too many hints.
    Oh, I really hope they include the Blade of the Phoenix and the Phoenix gun
    Last edited by ZNOP; 07-24-2016 at 08:12 AM.

BANNED

I'm pretty sure they won't include the Phoenix egg. A number of mutants are missing. That suggests Cyclops lead a team of mutants to go war with the Inhumans and it got ugly. He's being referred to as a murderer so I think he and his crew took down a bunch of Inhumans before he and some of them got killed. I definitely think Havok is brother is dead. Others who would have backed him up are missing (Emma Frost, the Cuckoos, Nate Grey, etc.)

I do think Marvel also wants to start over again with teen Cyclops, but adult Cyclops went down like a gangster and considering the upcoming Inhuman/mutant war I think he will ultimately have the legacy of being right.

I do think Jeen may go Phoenix and destroy the terrigen cloud. Upon reforming the X-Men Storm tells Jeen that there is no X-Men without Jean Grey. Upon joining Jean played a big part in beating back the demons from the school so Forge could put the defenses in, fixed Nightcrawler's mind, and is now freeing old man Logan from Venom possession.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    Last edited by Arya; 07-24-2016 at 11:57 AM.

Or maybe he didn't even try to dissipate the Terrigen Cloud. Last time he merged with the Phoenix he forgot the reason he did it in first place (undoing Wanda's spell) and used the Phoenix's power for something completely different. And in Battleworld he went full bananas "WE MUTANTS ARE GOING TO CONQUER THIS WORLD WAHAHAHAHAH!!!! " style. It could be that after merging with the Phoenix he decided to kill the Inhumans and conquer the world before even trying to dissipate the cloud.
    Inhumans vs X-men is going to go so well..........................