Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Batman to the CW shows rumours

Rumour has it that Batman could indeed be joining Superman as the newest debutant in The CW DC TV Arrowverse. Batman is currently embargoed to Fox and Gotham but apparently Fox is willing to allow The CW to use Batman and the Bat family.

Moreover, Barbra Gordon, aka Oracle, and Batgirl are also rumoured to appear on Supergirl season 2!

Do you think any of these rumours will turn out to be true?

I'll believe this when I see it. Same with Constantine Season 2.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

All-New Member

I think Oracle and Batigrl will show up first then Batman later on down the line.

The rumor is that Batwoman will be joining, not Batgirl. Which I'm both ecstatic and horribly worried about, if it turns out to be true.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

arrow is pretty bad now
    no point dragging the bat family into that mess

I think if Batman was going be on TV he'd be in his own show, not just making occasional guest appearances on another series.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    arrow is pretty bad now
    no point dragging the bat family into that mess
    Season three had some bumps and was the weakest yet but season four was fantastic. (Aside from the pointless death of Laurel.)
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    I think if Batman was going be on TV he'd be in his own show, not just making occasional guest appearances on another series.
    Yeah, I'm having trouble believing the rumor.

If/when "Gotham" moves forward to the point where a grown Bruce becomes Batman, then I might believe in potential crossover with the CW-verse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ABH View Post
    Yeah, I'm having trouble believing the rumor.

If/when "Gotham" moves forward to the point where a grown Bruce becomes Batman, then I might believe in potential crossover with the CW-verse.
    Fox has been approached by CW to share Batman for a fee, which is what makes it sound somewhat credible especially since Fox cant even use Batman properly in this show, so might as well get some money out of him.

Extraordinary Member

I can see the conversation between WB, CW, and Fox going down like this:

CW: "Boss, look; you handed over the CBS Supergirl show to is because you expect us to maintain good ratings on it and keep the characters and their IPs profitable. You trust is with things like that. You're letting us have Superman- a bona fide actor cast to speak and act as Superman, mind you- show up in episode 1. I think you should consider letting us have some of that Bat-property."

WB: "You have a point. However, two things are against you. First, you didn't handle Birds of Prey well-"

CW: "-We were misguided, we've seen the light; superheroes do better in spandex."

WB: "Good for you, but second, we made a deal with Fox for Batman properties. You've got to convince them to use the characters."

FOX: "Buona Sera, CW, my old friend. I understand you wan' t' use characters from the peoperty I'm usin' in Gotham. Zat so?"

CW: "Yes, GodFOX. We would consider it a great favor."

FOX: "You should, you should. Y'know what, I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse. For a fee, youse gets the services of all the Gotham characters that we don't got the time a'day to use. You put those characters on screen, and you can mention the others, but they stay on Gotham, capisce?"

CW: "Thank you, GodFOX. Oracle, Batwoman, maybe a Robin or two, here we go!"
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

I`m all for Bruce learning a thing or two from Ollie.

Ollie: "You`re too reckless! You need to follow my lead"

Bruce: "OMGzI`minbizarroworld".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CEOjo View Post

Do you think any of these rumours will turn out to be true?
    No almost certainly not

If they brought in Oracle what would Felicity do?

Wait this is the CW she would train oracle in how to be the second ebst hacker in the world but not enough to eclipse Felicity who is the light and the word. {Sarcasm}
    Last edited by Icefalcon; 07-22-2016 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Fox has been approached by CW to share Batman for a fee, which is what makes it sound somewhat credible especially since Fox cant even use Batman properly in this show, so might as well get some money out of him.
    Is it really "sharing" if FOX isn't even actually using Batman?

Forget the fee (assuming this is for real) -- FOX should be like: "WB, keep the petty cash -- can we just jump ahead a few years and use actual Batman?"

Because, honestly, what FOX bought was a Pre-Batman show... but what I'm sure they'd rather have, is and actual Batman show. Because BATMAN.

I do think Batman will eventually show up in the CW universe but not for awhile. Batwoman and Oracle are most likely going to happen and I can see happening when the new season of Supergirl starts. I mean the JSA is going to be a big part of LoT season 2, who thought that was going to happen?

I could see Gotham later getting added to the CW universe since there is all that setup with the villains and all that jazz.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CEOjo View Post

Moreover, Barbra Gordon, aka Oracle, and Batgirl are also rumoured to appear on Supergirl season 2!
    Please don't let this be true. I don't want to have to watch Supergirl
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I`m all for Bruce learning a thing or two from Ollie.

Ollie: "You`re too reckless! You need to follow my lead"

Bruce: "OMGzI`minbizarroworld".
    I remember that joke Amell made about how Ollie would react to meeting Bruce Wayne and realizing how similar they are.

"Think of something original Bruce!" .