Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default SDCC: "Justice League Action" Highlight Reel Debuts First Footage from Animated Series

Warner Bros. Animation has released the highlight reel from the Comic-Con International: San Diego panel for "Justice League Action."

Full article here.

Deep cuts! I like it. I was concerned about it being too campy. But, I understand they are looking for a younger audience and the brave and the bold pulled it off well. If nothing else, the fan service will probably keep me watching.

Looks cool. i'm not the target audience, but it's nice to see so many great characters DC should be using a lot more in their comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    i'm not the target audience.

me neither but im gonna watch it.

To cheesy for me. I'll be skipping this.

BANNED

Looks good to me. Although it does reinforce my preference that they'd not brought back Hammill and Conroy and used fresh(er) voices.

SDCC JUSTICE LEAGUE ACTION TRAILER IMAGES (38).jpg

It has Swamp thing in it so I will be watching it.

Holy freshness Batman! That trailer definitely surpassed my expectations. I was expecting something really cheesy and lame but judging from that trailer Justice League Action is going to pretty epic. That promo packed quite a walloping punch and it was brimming with a nice variety of characters too! I'm just trying to figure out what was going on with that scene of Superman cut in half where his body seems to be that of a robot instead of the mortal son of Krypton? Also, the scene with Hippolyta and Diana saying "actually they're my sidekicks" and Bats and Superman looking at each like "what?" was priceless and had a lot the female empowerment thing going on.

Wow, this show is looking pretty awesome and action(heh)-packed, and with so many DC heroes and villains it's looking like the perfect answer to the long drought of DC action cartoons on TV .

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Looks good to me. Although it does reinforce my preference that they'd not brought back Hammill and Conroy and used fresh(er) voices.
    It's especially odd that they brought back Conroy while getting new VA's for Wonder Woman and Superman. If they brought back the entire DCAU Trinity, I could understand it, but it feels off having Conroy around as Batman while the VA's for the rest of the Trinity are new.

Not Getting Any Younger Kikaider's Avatar

Looks fantastic! Saw Chronos so hooked me there.

It's a fresh look on the animated series we've had previously... It seems fun but not too childish. I may be influenced by nostalgia or the fact that I just want a fun JL cartoon to fill the JLU void in my life. Anyways, I'll watch this for sure.
    I like to post pictures of my comic books on Instagram.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by monitor_earthprime View Post
    SDCC JUSTICE LEAGUE ACTION TRAILER IMAGES (38).jpg

It has Swamp thing in it so I will be watching it.
    The second I saw that, I jumped for joy! Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, and Swamp Thing, my personal DC trinity gets me sold every time. Sadly I agree with that this will probably be campy and intended for youngsters.

The dialogue is...not doing it for me. I think I'll just rewatch Justice League and Justice League Unlimited on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheHero View Post
    It's a fresh look on the animated series we've had previously... It seems fun but not too childish. I may be influenced by nostalgia or the fact that I just want a fun JL cartoon to fill the JLU void in my life. Anyways, I'll watch this for sure.
    I certainly agree! I think and truly believe that Cartoon Network's programming for the most part has always struck a blockbuster precision line of perfection between appealing to a broad generational audience of children, teenagers and adults; shows like Johnny Bravo, Courage The Cowardly Dog, Justice League Unlimited, Dexter's Laboratory, Chowder, The Batman, Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, Young Justice, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Sym Bionic Titans, Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go and Samurai Jack are rock solid proof in the pudding that Cartoon Network/Adult Swim is NOT at all exclusively a kids channel nor an adult's channel but is a channel that belongs both to the old and the young and everyone in-between. Cartoon Network's programming can be argued as slightly subversive and progressive. I think most kids became aware of sexuality and chemistry between male and females through shows like Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Laboratory and Powerpuff Girls and most especially today in Adventure Time and heck, Steven Universe is a lesbian show with no stone left untouched. I mean, what boy didn't get turned on by Sara Bellum in Powerpuff Girls? I know I loved Supergirl in JLU. Anyway, I am pumped up beyond crazy anticipation for JL Action.

Wasn't a fan of the designs, but seeing it in action still isn't great but I don't mind it as much. Either way the creative team and voice actors has compelled me to tune in. Plus it looks better than anything Marvel is currently putting out in animation.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!