Default Design Clark Kent's glasses

Kind of slow day today as I wait for HP's rep to come fix our company server, and wait... Also, there's that picture of Henry Cavill released today, but he's not wearing glasses.

Okay, how do you make Clark Kent's glasses? We're talking about all sorts of things, from shape of lenses and frames, lens thickness, frame material and color, etc. You want him wearing Coke bottles? Nerdy? Trendy? Hipster? "Normal"?

Gotta be something thick, obvious and a little appalling. They need to distract from the guy's face enough so you only really see the glasses. In the military we used to call them BCG's (birth-control glasses) because while you're wearing them, no woman is going to give you the time of day.

Flat black, as unflattering as it gets. Thick lenses that change the shape and size of his eyes, tinted so the blue is a lot less bold and bright. They should be just shy of "coke bottle glasses" because that level of extreme draws attention. Clark's glasses should be *just* ugly and prominent enough to keep your attention, but not so over-the-top that it sticks in your mind. The entire point of Clark Kent is that he's so incredibly average he's invisible.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Gotta be something thick, obvious and a little appalling. They need to distract from the guy's face enough so you only really see the glasses. In the military we used to call them BCG's (birth-control glasses) because while you're wearing them, no woman is going to give you the time of day.

Flat black, as unflattering as it gets. Thick lenses that change the shape and size of his eyes, tinted so the blue is a lot less bold and bright. They should be just shy of "coke bottle glasses" because that level of extreme draws attention. Clark's glasses should be *just* ugly and prominent enough to keep your attention, but not so over-the-top that it sticks in your mind. The entire point of Clark Kent is that he's so incredibly average he's invisible.
    Agreed. His glasses should be big, black, and as unstylish as they get.

Of course if you really wanted to modernize his appearance

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Of course if you really wanted to modernize his appearance
    Oh my god.

You know what? Screw it, why not?

My wife and I work at a restaurant in a tourist trap town. Every year we run into these famous celebrities and politicians (Obama visited us a couple years ago, Bush has a house there, so does Martha Stewart) and you know what? You rarely realize who it is. Without the makeup and the fuss and the props and the clothes, it's hard to recognize them. And Superman....no one would be looking at his face, they always stare at his chest and the shield. I imagine looking Superman in the eye must be intimidating, like the guy can see right into your soul and you dont want to let him down. Who the hell would think that this random white guy with dark hair is Superman? Just because he's white and has short dark hair? Do we all look alike to you or something? Racist. And we've been ignoring the topic of photo evidence since the very beginning.

And if Clark lost the glasses, it would force artists to really sell the changes in stature and body language instead of relying on a "mask."
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Retired

The glasses Stephen Colbert wore, when he was Letterman's guest on April 22, 2014.

http://youtu.be/G91FW-V_51g

How about the style of glasses that Christopher Reeve wore in the Superman films that he starred in.

creeveglasses.jpg

BANNED

You mustve read my post.