Default Wacky Raceland #2 - Vive D'Astardlien!

OK, it's been 9 days since this comic came out but I found the time to read it only today and now I just can't stand the oppressing silence surrounding what happened in this second issue:

DICK DASTARDLY WON!!!

WITHOUT CHEATING!!!

I had been waiting for this moment since I was a stupid 7-year-old, wasting my childhood with silly, cheaply-animated cartoons and now I feel so fulfilled I could almost cry.

And I'd have good reason to do exactly that, since his backstory left me with a serious case of the blues. Not anger, not disappointment -- just sadness. That moment when a man's self-survival instince gets the upper hand on even a father and husband most basilar instincts. Simply dreadful from every way you look at it -- not the least because, in different circumstances, it could really happen outside of this comic book's pages.

P.S. I don't know how to do that trick that creates the spoiler boxes, so highlight the whole post and the white text will come to light.

Yeah, very sad and unfortunate "origin". It also seams that world has been hit with multiple disaster or are these characters from different worlds/times?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yeah, very sad and unfortunate "origin". It also seams that world has been hit with multiple disaster or are these characters from different worlds/times?
    My guess is that it was a sort of chain reaction of very unfortunate events that ended up bringing human civilisation to total collapse. It could be that the world was first hit by cataclysms like earthquakes and tsunamis, the ones that almost killed Penelope and that are referenced by Dastardly and family in last issue. The string of catastrophic events might have caused breaches in scientific structures and nuclear reactors across the world, which released pathogenic agents and radioactivity on the populace and the environment. Then the surviving scientists and governments tried to reverse the damages to the biosphere by employing swarms of nanomachines to heal organic matter at a molecular level, just to witness them escaping control and waging additional destruction.

As far as quack theories go, this one I conceived sort of fits with the few scant details we know about the apcalypse part of this post apocalyptic world. I don't rule out the possibility that the mysterious announcer has something to do with the whole matter.