Super Moderator

Default SDCC: IDW & DC Announce "Batman/TMNT Adventures" & "Star Trek"/Green Lantern Crossovers

New miniseries are on the way featuring the animated Batman and Ninja Turtles, and "Star Trek" and the Green Lantern Corps

Full article here.

So the crossover between the comic Batman and TMNT was successful enough, why not crossover Batman: The Animated Series and the current TMNT cartoon ?

I'm happy to see they're doing another Star Trek/Green Lantern crossover (love that cover!). Hoping the other Earth GL's get some time in the spotlight and interaction with the Enterprise Crew this time around .

BANNED

Should have been a crossover between the mainstream versions.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I just grabbed the first Green Lantern/Star Trek crossover in a sale so it's nice to hear that they are planning a second one. Batman TAS and Animated TMNT? Interesting...

DC and IDW certainly have a very healthy crossover relationship now! I wonder whether Marvel should be trying to do the same sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Should have been a crossover between the mainstream versions.
    They did that earlier this year.

I hope Batman's world look right out of Batman Adventures while the TMNT look exactly like they do in the Amazing Adventures Comic. That would be really cool .

Fantastic Member

Would much rather see a sequel to the first Batman TMNT Crossover than the cartoon version. Have Batman go to the Turtles world. I'd also still love to see them do a Superman Judge Dredd crossover. I even asked if they had thought about it. They said that the Batman Dredd crossovers didn't sell well so probably not. I guess my response would be...if they didn't sell well..when why were there three of them and why did they then reprint them in tpb format?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope Batman's world look right out of Batman Adventures while the TMNT look exactly like they do in the Amazing Adventures Comic. That would be really cool .
    Agreed, in fact given the popularity of Batman '66 and Wonder Woman '77 and X-Men '92 I am a little surprised that DC hasn't considered doing a Digital TAS comic lately. Or at least that this opens the door for more TAS based crossovers...

The first GL/Star Trek crossover was awesome. It was pretty much a Hal/Kirk story so it's great to see the other characters would get some spotlight too.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The first GL/Star Trek crossover was awesome. It was pretty much a Hal/Kirk story so it's great to see the other characters would get some spotlight too.
    Agreed. It was my favorite crossover of 2015. Looking forward to the sequel. And the Batman:TAS/ Nick TMNT crossover sounds interesting as well.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Mighty Member

Interesting selection of Batman and TMNT cartoons to adapt. If successful, they could do crossovers with more cartoon versions (BatB, The Batman, Beware with 80's, 2003, etc.)
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    They did that earlier this year.
    I thought he meant the mainstream Star Trek. I'd gladly buy a GLC/original ST universe series, but I have no interest in the alt-universe version.

The Green Lantern - Star Trek crossover was a great mini series and I'm really glad there's going to be another one... But I hope it's longer than 6 issues this time as 6 was too few last time and I felt the ending was a bit rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by ChastMastr View Post
    I thought he meant the mainstream Star Trek. I'd gladly buy a GLC/original ST universe series, but I have no interest in the alt-universe version.
    They did one between TOS Trek and Legion of Super Heroes a couple of years back, I really liked that one. Ultimately Nu Trek is kind of more recognised now. I would imagine once the new show is out there too we'll get crossovers with that appearing as well.

Fantastic Member

I'm still hoping that all the stars align and there can eventually be a Star Trek / Aliens Crossover.