Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Walt Disney is dead and will not ever see a cent of my money, no matter how much Marvel or Star Wars stuff I buy.
    But Perlmutter does.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    It's also worth pointing out that certain businessmen with an important stake in Marvel have made large donations to Donald Trump's campaign. People in this thread should probably bear that in mind before claiming to avoid giving profit to those they disagree with.
    Yeah, that's a good point. I wrote an essay about it for a comic book group I help run on deviantART, mostly to remark that said donations fly in the face of Marvel's current emphasis on diversity and positive and affirming representations of nonwhite peoples and cultures, given a lot of the things Trump has said in the course of his campaign that seem to cast scorn upon many of those peoples and cultures. Of course, those businessmen have every right to give money to whomever they want so long as their money isn't facilitating a criminal enterprise, and since nothing in that vein has even come close to being proven accurate regarding Trump, despite whatever I or anyone else might think of him and his campaign tactics and overall message, he is legally entitled to every cent that he gets donated to him. Furthermore, you can't be legally forbidden from using your own money however you choose regardless of what your employer(s) might think or say, again with the caveat that you're not contributing to a criminal enterprise with that money, and to reiterate, Donald Trump has not been convicted of or otherwise legally proven to have committed any crimes, so anybody who feels that passionately about supporting him can freely donate their money to him. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth that important stakeholders in a company trying to emphasize positive diversity in its creative output are donating to someone who seems intent on working the populace into a frenzy of nativism and xenophobia as his path to winning the presidency.
    The spider is always on the hunt.