Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Azzarello feels like he'd fit Jason much better than Tim; Azzarello's style favors more grit and noir than Tim's usually more idealisitic portrayal of the world.
    Meh dude has just not impressed on Batman, his best work was co written by Snyder and Miller. Knight of Vengeance was great but it was out of continuity, Joker, TKJ script and Broken City were all unimpressive, if I'm missing something feel free to add.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    You mean other than it screaming "fake cover".
    Well, that, too

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Let's consider this, what would this death bring at all to the Tec story? Tim is our computer guy for the team, and unless they want to bring in Ulysses as the tech guy, I can't see them removing Tim any time soon. The solicitation only indicates something big may happen, that could also be the death of Kate's father, or the return of Jean Paul after getting beaten up, or even the arrival of the LoS or Ra's Al Ghul. The reaction in the rain shows more shock as if they're looking at something very surprising with the image. I can't see them offing Tim this fast. Part of the reason he's on the team is to, again, act as the balance to Kate. She's the leader of the group, but he's been around Bruce longer, so he knows how Bruce plays. He even said he wants Tim to be more a part of the family, and not distance himself. Being the heart means that he's the person that can get the other four in a way that they may not be able to get one another.

For Basil he probably knows what it's like to feel like you're someone who lost everything, so he gets that basil is trying to fix things
    For Steph it's the idea of making things better even though her dad is a criminal
    For Cassie, it's that sense of being her friend, even though she's been through hard things
    For Kate it's being a reassurance that she has this and can do the job she needs to do to make them grow as a team
    For Bruce, it's the same as always, being the one to pull him back from that brink from time to time.

Killing him off right now wouldn't help things, it would only hurt the cohesive of the team as a whole, and I don't think DC nor Tyrion would want to do that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Let's consider this, what would this death bring at all to the Tec story? Tim is our computer guy for the team, and unless they want to bring in Ulysses as the tech guy, I can't see them removing Tim any time soon. The solicitation only indicates something big may happen, that could also be the death of Kate's father, or the return of Jean Paul after getting beaten up, or even the arrival of the LoS or Ra's Al Ghul. The reaction in the rain shows more shock as if they're looking at something very surprising with the image. I can't see them offing Tim this fast. Part of the reason he's on the team is to, again, act as the balance to Kate. She's the leader of the group, but he's been around Bruce longer, so he knows how Bruce plays. He even said he wants Tim to be more a part of the family, and not distance himself. Being the heart means that he's the person that can get the other four in a way that they may not be able to get one another.

For Basil he probably knows what it's like to feel like you're someone who lost everything, so he gets that basil is trying to fix things
    For Steph it's the idea of making things better even though her dad is a criminal
    For Cassie, it's that sense of being her friend, even though she's been through hard things
    For Kate it's being a reassurance that she has this and can do the job she needs to do to make them grow as a team
    For Bruce, it's the same as always, being the one to pull him back from that brink from time to time.

Killing him off right now wouldn't help things, it would only hurt the cohesive of the team as a whole, and I don't think DC nor Tyrion would want to do that.
    Yeah, I'll agree that not having Tim in 'Tec (even for 5-6 months, the time I think he'll stay dead) might affect the team dynamic in a bad way. But if he dies we don't know who they'll bring in to replace him. His replacement could create some interesting drama for the series that wouldn't be possible without his death. Worst case scenario, it's Harper Row. That would be hilariously awful, but it might make Tim's return even more epic. Coming back from the dead to save us from the worst character ever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Yeah, I'll agree that not having Tim in 'Tec (even for 5-6 months, the time I think he'll stay dead) might affect the team dynamic in a bad way. But if he dies we don't know who they'll bring in to replace him. His replacement could create some interesting drama for the series that wouldn't be possible without his death. Worst case scenario, it's Harper Row. That would be hilariously awful, but it might make Tim's return even more epic. Coming back from the dead to save us from the worst character ever.
    Why not just become an Oracle who can walk?

Let's consider this, what would this death bring at all to the Tec story?
    It would greatly ramp up the interpersonal conflict in the team, regardless of how it goes down. At the beginning of this series I was a little surprised at how well the team was getting along on the whole, but as it's gone on I've realized how forced that kind of thing could've been. Tim's death could serve to inject a good dose of conflict (I mean the really serious kind) into the story. He's the tech guy like you said, so that automatically leaves them at a disadvantage and would force the remaining members to work through that absence. Having him as the "balance" to the team also creates a potential problem for the team to face and overcome if he's gone.

On a larger scale, I've already written a theory of how his death could play a big part in the overall Rebirth story. In other words, hurting the team in the short term could lead to big long-term payoffs for everyone. I think most if not all the Batbooks are going to be on a longer arc with the whole "hopefulness and positivity" thing of Rebirth than most others, but I trust it will still happen.
    Last edited by Caivu; 07-31-2016 at 03:55 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Why not just become an Oracle who can walk?
    Well that wouldn't be a bad idea, if they weren't giving that back to Babs it seems. And Babs fans would be upset if Tim got her old post because it's part of her, as BoP seems to be indicating. The fact that anyone hijacked it in the first place caused her to freak out.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It would greatly ramp up the interpersonal conflict in the team, regardless of how it goes down. At the beginning of this series I was a little surprised at how well the team was getting along on the whole, but as it's gone on I've realized how forced that kind of thing could've been. Tim's death could serve to inject a good dose of conflict (I mean the really serious kind) into the story. He's the tech guy like you said, so that automatically leaves them at a disadvantage and would force the remaining members to work through that absence. Having him as the "balance" to the team also creates a potential problem for the team to face and overcome if he's gone.
    But isn't the point of Rebirth to not be so dark about their story telling? Sure it would cause conflict, but what sort? Steph would probably go on a "I need to find his killer." Bruce would go all guilty and broody, same with kate who would get angry rather then broody, and then there's Cass who would feel probably responsible to helping Steph. Now while that's drama, it's a rather tepid drama. I don't know, sure they would have to work through it, but again who would take that post over? None of the other members know how to do tech the way Tim does. I can't see them going that deeply in to the drama this early.

On a larger scale, I've already written a theory of how his death could play a big part in the overall Rebirth story. In other words, hurting the team in the short term could lead to big long-term payoffs for everyone. I think most if not all the Batbooks are going to be on a longer arc with the whole "hopefulness and positivity" thing of Rebirth than most others, but I trust it will still happen.
    Saw it, and I like it, I just don't think they're going to pull off what they did with Kon, because the books needs to be rebuilt.

But isn't the point of Rebirth to not be so dark about their story telling?
    Maybe on the whole, sure. Or it might be that inherently darker titles are either going to take longer to get there or never get quite to the same level.
    I do know that a month or so ago Tynion wrote on Twitter that the end of 'Tec's first arc would be dark. He specifically compared it to the end of (IIRC) the first arc of his other series The Woods, in which a major character died.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

BANNED

Well, these are the Bat-books we're talking about. They've always been darker than most of the other DC books. I'm glad the Bat-Family is starting to get along and not be at each other's throats constantly, but I think the world of Batman should remain dark and grim. Especially since the more optimistic portrayal of the Bat-Family characters makes the darkness of Batmans world even more effective.

BANNED

Well, these are the Bat-books we're talking about. They've always been darker than most of the other DC books. I'm glad the Bat-Family is starting to get along and not be at each other's throats constantly, but I think the world of Batman should remain dark and grim. Especially since the more optimistic portrayal of the Bat-Family characters makes the darkness of Batmans world even more effective.
    I agree. The "family squabbling" aspect of the Bat-Family has worn very thin after the past 20-30 years and I think it's time to look toward a different, more goal-oriented family. I'm tired of Bat-Jerk. He doesn't have to be Fred McMurray, but he does need to take stock of his life and his prospective legacy. The various Bat-Family members differ in their methods, but they should all be on the same team.

Just a joke? A cheeky hint? Both?

ChristmasRobin.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Just a joke? A cheeky hint? Both?

ChristmasRobin.jpg
    Yeah, he's about to pass away. I'd better start thinking of a replacement avatar, not sure I want a dead character as mine.

Yeah, he's about to pass away. I'd better start thinking of a replacement avatar, not sure I want a dead character as mine.
    You can always swap your pic to Pre-52 Tim. Or Nightwing if you prefer.

Mighty Member

I bet its another undercover mission. 2/3 former robins are already doing it. Might as well keep up the trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I bet its another undercover mission. 2/3 former robins are already doing it. Might as well keep up the trend.
    A possibility, one probably involving looking into the matter of the League of Shadows to confirm their existence.