Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

I also think it's the beyond version. Tynion won't give him up so easily especially since he wanted to bring TimSteph back, would be strange if he killed one part of the relationship.

BANNED

I doubt either version is gonna die.

First Conner and now maybe Tim. That seriously sucks.

But I can definitely see this being the Beyond version. I don't know if DC would kill a fan favorite when they're trying to push the Rebirth message that there's room for everyone. Except Conner of course. Thanks a lot Jon.
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-22-2016 at 11:02 AM.

I'm wagering on the Beyond version. I might actually pick up the issue just to see how they do it; but frankly, Batman Beyond has never interested me since they decided to set it in Earth Prime's future. That they replaced Terry with Tim just added insult to injury.

If they've chosen to kill the 'Tec Tim, it had better be a truly epic death — or, if not, let it be a case of Tim faking his death in order to lull the team's enemies into dropping their guard.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

DC can't possibly be that stupid to kill off Tim from 'Tec after having such success with it. It would kill the book.

The Beyond version? Sure. But not from 'Tec
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

It has to be Beyond Tim, and I'm not surprised. People hated him as BB so much that killing off that version of him while placing Terry back in the role seems like a smart move. I'd like him to stick around in the series in some capacity, but if he dies then I understand and accept it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    DC can't possibly be that stupid to kill off Tim from 'Tec after having such success with it. It would kill the book.

The Beyond version? Sure. But not from 'Tec
    *DC fans* "Hot damn! After 5 years of sucking, Tim Drake is finally a great character again! I can't wait for..." *Tim dies* "Sigh. What did we expect from DC?"

But I really don't think even DC editorial is dumb enough to do something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    . . . if it is the one in Detective Comics DO NOT BRING HIM BACK! not because I have anything against him but if you kill off a character let it stick and do not plan his return one year later.
    This is DC, not Marvel.

Doesn't DC normally let major characters who are actually killed off (vs. "appear to have been killed off") stay dead for at least two-or-more years?

You would hope it would be Beyond one with Terry coming back but its still dc. Wouldn't surprise me they shoot themselves in the foot after all the good will that been going on with Rebirth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    This is DC, not Marvel.

Doesn't DC normally let major characters who are actually killed off (vs. "appear to have been killed off") stay dead for at least two-or-more years?
    Marvel doesn`t have that different a track record.

Bucky was dead for decades. Uncle Ben was dead for decades (still is since the one that`s alive is from another reality). Jean Grey was dead for some years. Ben Reilly was dead over a decade (and may still be, though he`s likely coming back, yay! - no sarcasm btw). Nomad has been dead for a few years. Wolverine has been dead more than a year despite an older Logan taking his place.

If it makes everyone happy Tim can stay dead for 2-3 years before coming back. This is fiction, not the News.

Of course if the point of said death is only cheap shock value, maybe you shouldn`t kill anyone in the first place

Yeah, I'm also betting this is Beyond!Tim, because they've already started repairing Tim's character in 'Tec and Tynion seems to really care about him, and nobody gives a darn about Beyond!Tim ever since he replaced Terry .

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Marvel doesn`t have that different a track record.

Bucky was dead for decades. Uncle Ben was dead for decades (still is since the one that`s alive is from another reality). Jean Grey was dead for some years. Ben Reilly was dead over a decade (and may still be, though he`s likely coming back, yay! - no sarcasm btw). Nomad has been dead for a few years. Wolverine has been dead more than a year despite an older Logan taking his place.

If it makes everyone happy Tim can stay dead for 2-3 years before coming back. This is fiction, not the News.

Of course if the point of said death is only cheap shock value, maybe you shouldn`t kill anyone in the first place
    Man I want Ben Reily back, I really wish he took over as Spider-Man back in the 90s.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Man I want Ben Reily back, I really wish he took over as Spider-Man back in the 90s.
    Peter Parker is still dead to me after One More Day, Parker Industries etc, so I kind of wish he had just died in the 90s as well. And that Ultimate SpiderMan was the only Peter Parker comics since then.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Peter Parker is still dead to me after One More Day, Parker Industries etc, so I kind of wish he had just died in the 90s as well. And that Ultimate SpiderMan was the only Peter Parker comics since then.
    Havent read that, but i heard it was really bad. Why the hate towards peter tho, what did he do?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lhynn View Post
    Havent read that, but i heard it was really bad. Why the hate towards peter tho, what did he do?
    He made a deal with Mephisto (basically the Devil) to erase his relationship with Mary Jane from existence to save the life of his dying 80+ year old aunt.