Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lhynn View Post
    No one knows, but we are all guessing its related.

What i really want to hear is more Theories on Oz role in all of this. I think he may be in a way the good guy, or at least fighting this whole thing that happened with the timeline.
    Well there's a few reasons why Oz would target Tim over other characters. Dick may be the head of the Titans but Tim has more direct connections to all of the DC, more so then most of the Bat family. Tim has worked with and even befriended and gotten the respect of most, if not all, of the main DC heroes at one time or another. On top of that he has a connection to the supernatural elements through the likes of Secret and his skills with computers (which is what OZ is using to monitor things) could become very catostrophic for him if Tim is able to screw with that through his own memories coming back. He doesn't quiet yet see Wally as a threat but I think he knows that Tim, given his "I believe Batman is out there" mentality could lead to him, if he regained his past, seeking out other missing people and eventually finding out the truth to what's going on with the Rebirth and what OZ is up to.

On top of that because Tim is well, nice and polite and over all honest, people would believe him more then anyone else, so if he said "Something's not right here," no doubt that they would agree to help him find out what that was.

Oz may want to hold him, Bart -since Bart is connected to the Flash which helped make things possible for him, and probably a magic user, because they could be the most dangerous (for magic either Zantana or Johnny).

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Well there's a few reasons why Oz would target Tim over other characters. Dick may be the head of the Titans but Tim has more direct connections to all of the DC, more so then most of the Bat family. Tim has worked with and even befriended and gotten the respect of most, if not all, of the main DC heroes at one time or another.
    You're talking pre-Flashpoint Tim, not New52 Tim.
    And if you're going there, don't forget Dick was (still) Batman at some point for a few months (per the first issue of New52 Nightwing), and in the previous continuity was actually a member of the JLA as Batman.
    Had New52 Tim really done much worth noting by the rest of the DC superhero community?

Well there's a few reasons why Oz would target Tim over other characters. Dick may be the head of the Titans but Tim has more direct connections to all of the DC, more so then most of the Bat family. Tim has worked with and even befriended and gotten the respect of most, if not all, of the main DC heroes at one time or another. On top of that he has a connection to the supernatural elements through the likes of Secret and his skills with computers (which is what OZ is using to monitor things) could become very catostrophic for him if Tim is able to screw with that through his own memories coming back. He doesn't quiet yet see Wally as a threat but I think he knows that Tim, given his "I believe Batman is out there" mentality could lead to him, if he regained his past, seeking out other missing people and eventually finding out the truth to what's going on with the Rebirth and what OZ is up to.

On top of that because Tim is well, nice and polite and over all honest, people would believe him more then anyone else, so if he said "Something's not right here," no doubt that they would agree to help him find out what that was.

Oz may want to hold him, Bart -since Bart is connected to the Flash which helped make things possible for him, and probably a magic user, because they could be the most dangerous (for magic either Zantana or Johnny).
    No he doesn't. Especially not if we are talking pre-52 connections. So, ya i don't know. It doesn't really make sense that Oz doesn't see Wally as a threat, who is more connected then Tim is, has actual memories of things that has happen before, is telling people, and is even reigniting other peoples memories, but he see Tim as one because he's good with computers and for some reason could just start seeking people he has no actual recollection of.

Oz might not have had the opportunity to grab Wally that he got for Tim (yet).

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oz might not have had the opportunity to grab Wally that he got for Tim (yet).
    I was going to say...a Flash is harder to nab than a Robin.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

See, i dont think Oz sees Tim or Wally as a threat to himself, if he did then that threat would have stopped if tim got massacred by the second wave of drones. What makes sense is that Oz protected Tim because he is important. He watches Wally because he is important and will more than likely protect him if the need arises.

Rebirth is about the legacy generation that got destroyed, and the one that got crippled. Its about the loss and restoration of love and connections. Tim and Wally basically embody the spirit of their respective generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I was going to say...a Flash is harder to nab than a Robin.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Not when hes sleeping.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You're talking pre-Flashpoint Tim, not New52 Tim.
    And if you're going there, don't forget Dick was (still) Batman at some point for a few months (per the first issue of New52 Nightwing), and in the previous continuity was actually a member of the JLA as Batman.
    Had New52 Tim really done much worth noting by the rest of the DC superhero community?
    Well Tim restoring his Pre-Flashpoint relationships and character does seem to be a motive for Oz capturing him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lhynn View Post
    No one knows, but we are all guessing its related.

What i really want to hear is more Theories on Oz role in all of this. I think he may be in a way the good guy, or at least fighting this whole thing that happened with the timeline.
    I can see multiple reasons for Oz to target Tim, most of which go with the idea that Oz is actually on Tim's side, but thinks he's moving too fast.

1: Tim as the key to the Young Justice generation, kind of like a smaller scale and quieter counterpart to Wally's role with the Titans. He still arguably the most high profile fourth generation hero and the only one of his peers to weather the storm of bad decisions that ruined ten Yj4; maybe you could argue that Cassie is in a similar place, but that's very debatable, and Tim's almost certainly a stronger brand. So, Oz has plans to help Tim get his old friends back and move past the New 52, but feels it's a delicate job and needs something more surgical than Tim forging ahead and maybe missing out on opportunities to help his friends.

2. Tim has some importance to the Batman Family's history beyond what we've already seen. I don't know what more they could use him to add back into the universe, but it's always possible. Maybe someone's got the hair-brained idea to go ahead and reincorporate Cass and Steph's old history! I doubt it, but it's a possibility.

3. Alternatively, maybe Oz was the one trying to preserve the YJ4 elements in a universe that Manhattan thought they no longer belonged in. As such maybe he worried that Tim's recent transition back to a more traditional portrayal was attracting Manhattan's attention, and he wanted him off the field before Manhattan swatted him. In this case, Oz would have somehow compelled the YJ4 heroes to exist so apart from their parent franchises to try and save them; Superboy's death thus becomes a sign of how Manhattan will kill any young hero who breaks from his vision of the universe.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    And despite all that, Damien was still able to knock him out with a single punch.
    Yeah, and people complain about Tim being the golden Robin. Seriously, crap like this is utterly ridic.

Fantastic Member

So have they said yet when Tim's next appearance will be? I want a solo dagnabbit!

Dick may be the head of the Titans but Tim has more direct connections to all of the DC, more so then most of the Bat family. Tim has worked with and even befriended and gotten the respect of most, if not all, of the main DC heroes at one time or another.
    Pre-Crisis, Tim didn't exist, but Dick was the most prominent Robin that the DCU has ever had, regularly working alongside Batman and Superman in World's Finest, occasionally teaming up with the Justice League, and teaming up with random heroes as was common back in the day.

Post-Crisis, Dick took up the name of Nightwing after a Kryptonian legend because of his respect for Superman and led the Titans, Outsiders, and worked alongside and even led the Justice League. Plus the whole Infinite Crisis "Dick is the heart of the DCU" thing. Tim was on Young Justice and led the Teen Titans (which Dick also did.)

Post-Flashpoint, it is not even close. Tim led the Teen Titans, but had no interactions with any important characters of the DCU. IIRC, Wonder Woman didn't know who he was in a semi-recent issue of TT. Dick worked with the League in the flashback in JL #51, led the first generation of the Titans, interacted with many Wildstorm characters in Grayson, and again took the name Nightwing after Superman.

Maybe Tim hacked the timeline of the DCU with his supercomputer supersuit and was getting too close to Dr. Manhattan's meddling.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 09-20-2016 at 06:35 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Lol, that guy is like Günther (or vice versa, rather)
    Last edited by Orujo-man; 09-21-2016 at 05:40 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orujo-man View Post
    I hate that argument. So if some reviewers put it good and it has good sales automatically is good? Like all the music who wins awards and films?

Yes, why question something if someone tell us it's good? Is better not think for ourselves.

Like you said, each one has his own tastes and his own arguments. I don't mind if the majority don't share my opionion because it's only that, an opinion. Like all the opinions. Not an absolute truth, not an universal rule.

Edit: I didn't want to be rude with you, even if it seems that.
    I understand what you're saying and i agree, for exemple i'm rock-music fan, and today it seems that only electronic-music/house-music gets proper recognition, and its sad because any kid can go to the internet and download the "dj app" mix some sounds and basically become a dj...it takes much less skill than learning how to play a guitar for exemple...and it gets ridiculous when we see "avici" being treated like a GOD by teenagers, when its commun knowledge that dj's often "steal" already known songs, and use only the melody, and change it a bit to see if no-one notices it, but i and others notice it.
    But getting back on point, my point was that for what i've seen, only here this issue gets negative feeback, whereas everywhere else i've checked all people loved it, but judging by the opinions here alone, its like the issue 100% sucked...and that was my point, stating what i've seen regarding people's opinions on this issue and the difference between here and on other sites regarding this issue, thats all, i wasn't "correcting" anyone (if thats what you were thinking anyway), because even if one person thinks one thing and 50 others think otherwise that doesn't make the one person wrong, because like you said, no-one owns some "universal truth" or rule.

Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    I understand what you're saying and i agree, for exemple i'm rock-music fan, and today it seems that only electronic-music/house-music gets proper recognition, and its sad because any kid can go to the internet and download the "dj app" mix some sounds and basically become a dj...it takes much less skill than learning how to play a guitar for exemple...and it gets ridiculous when we see "avici" being treated like a GOD by teenagers, when its commun knowledge that dj's often "steal" already known songs, and use only the melody, and change it a bit to see if no-one notices it, but i and others notice it.
    But getting back on point, my point was that for what i've seen, only here this issue gets negative feeback, whereas everywhere else i've checked all people loved it, but judging by the opinions here alone, its like the issue 100% sucked...and that was my point, stating what i've seen regarding people's opinions on this issue and the difference between here and on other sites regarding this issue, thats all, i wasn't "correcting" anyone (if thats what you were thinking anyway), because even if one person thinks one thing and 50 others think otherwise that doesn't make the one person wrong, because like you said, no-one owns some "universal truth" or rule.
    Sorry if I misunderstood. It's not the first time to me when someone comes and starts talking about sales and critics and try to discredit an opinion in that way, as if one don't share the majority opinion, his of her opinion is not valid.

It's annoying.

BANNED

CBR reminds me of another forum i hang out in, where a lot of the userbase has simply been taught to expect better by years of reading the best the industry has to offer. And while they dont seem think the issue itself is bad, it just isnt doing it for them, then they list the reasons for this. Cant help but understand them.

Its a perfectly valid position to take, especially for those that have been reading comics since before i was born.