Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I wish people would start more topics about the positives especially since Rebirth seems to have gotten a lot of positive reaction from fans and retailers. There are a lot of positive things happening and a lot DC is doing right at the moment but to read some people's comments you wouldn't think so.
    I'd like to see more positivity about DC Entertainment right now, I think they're moving in a great direction in most areas (except the CW shows). Problem is that it's harder to have a discussion when everyones comments are unanimously positive. There has to be some kind of dissent for it to last. Cause there's only so many times you can say "this is amazing, I love this" before it's just boring.

BANNED

My thread has more than 50 pages, so proud.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I wish people would start more topics about the positives especially since Rebirth seems to have gotten a lot of positive reaction from fans and retailers. There are a lot of positive things happening and a lot DC is doing right at the moment but to read some people's comments you wouldn't think so.
    I encourage you to start them! But I also think several threads I've seen popping up (like the Batwing vs Harper Row thread, several of the preview threads) have been pretty positive as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I'd like to see more positivity about DC Entertainment right now, I think they're moving in a great direction in most areas (except the CW shows). Problem is that it's harder to have a discussion when everyones comments are unanimously positive. There has to be some kind of dissent for it to last. Cause there's only so many times you can say "this is amazing, I love this" before it's just boring.
    Totally agree. But I think a solid analysis can point out new things, so even if two people agree that something is good, there can be things learned if people are willing to go deeper than just "hey, that was great." That's why I started posting in response to the "I wish people didn't analyze so much" thread here. Because I don't think a shallower approach is going to improve the community.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

I think this board is pretty good because there's several erudite posters who disagree but don't get personal in their criticisms. And yeah, you can kind of tell that Batman fans are spoiled when it comes to good writing, and that's reflected on this board. This board probably has the heaviest concentration of people who didn't like Morrison's, Snyder's, Lobdell's, or Tynion's writing in the last few years, but they still tend to express themselves thoughtfully, and generally acknowledge why the runs are still popular.

You want to see less spoiled readers? Just go take a peak at the Superman board.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I think this board is pretty good because there's several erudite posters who disagree but don't get personal in their criticisms. And yeah, you can kind of tell that Batman fans are spoiled when it comes to good writing, and that's reflected on this board. This board probably has the heaviest concentration of people who didn't like Morrison's, Snyder's, Lobdell's, or Tynion's writing in the last few years, but they still tend to express themselves thoughtfully, and generally acknowledge why the runs are still popular.

You want to see less spoiled readers? Just go take a peak at the Superman board.
    Yeah, this board is pretty good and there are a lot of posters that at the very least give their reasoning for why they dislike something while at the same time acknowledging that other do. I don't take issue with that since people don't always like the same things. So long as you take the time to explain yourself I'm good. Its the other type that I can't stand.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    As a participant in all those threads about Duke, I think that it's good to have mostly reasoned discussions and disagreements about these things. I don't come to great communities looking to just share all the same opinions, and I know that the writers and artists pour a lot of work into creating these things. I think that merits a lot of work understanding and trying to appreciate as well - and that comes with a certain amount of criticism. I would agree that it should be all criticism, and definitely not just complaining, but I think a community where we all agree and just say, "Yay, new book" every week isn't very appealing.
    Thanks, this is exactly what I'm trying to expose. I'm completely agree with this.

Yeah, this board is pretty good and there are a lot of posters that at the very least give their reasoning for why they dislike something while at the same time acknowledging that other do. I don't take issue with that since people don't always like the same things. So long as you take the time to explain yourself I'm good. Its the other type that I can't stand.
    Now you mention that, this reminds me the discussion about Damian in Jason Todd thread. I hope you didn't be irritated for that, and if was the case I apologize.
    Last edited by Orujo-man; 09-24-2016 at 12:30 PM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orujo-man View Post
    Now you mention that, this reminds me the discussion about Damian in Jason Todd thread. I hope you didn't be irritated for that, and if was the case I apologize.
    I wasn't irritated with you. Far from it. I was a bit frustrated at myself actually because I don't think I really phrased things the way I intended to. Sometimes the words I want to use just don't come. I hope I didn't offend you and if I did I likewise apologize.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I wasn't irritated with you. Far from it. I was a bit frustrated at myself actually because I don't think I really phrased things the way I intended to. Sometimes the words I want to use just don't come. I hope I didn't offend you and if I did I likewise apologize.
    Don't worry buddy, all fine. I didn't feel irritated. I was enjoyed our discussion about Jason and Damian.

Turning to Tim and Rebirth, it has emerged me an idea. In the Rebirth issue we saw as Bruce found the letter from his father of the other universe and the pin of The Comedian. Assuming that Mr. Oz is Ozymandias and it was he who has been leaving bread crumbs, you think that would be interesting to Bruce or other character will found the Rorschach journal, who sent to the publisher at the end of Watchmen?

Apart from providing some clues in the plot, for the heroes (not directly none of them knows about them), it might be interesting the clash of views. Watchmen is a distopic universe where the influence of the heroes had a negative impact on society. I would like to see the view of a hero or heroes about it, reading the journal.
    Last edited by Orujo-man; 09-26-2016 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    The problem with analyzing anything, particually entertainment in any form, is that you pull it apart from the root up to see what's making it tick and then that wonder is gone because not only do you see the good, but you see the bad. It's why at times it's hard for me to play games because I have to pull the game apart to see what makes it work and what makes it not work. In this case it makes it so you can't just enjoy the moment. You see the flaws because you've trained yourself too, so you have to find other ways of enjoying it. Nothing wrong with it but it can some times put a crimp in how you enjoy a work.
    This is what I was really trying to say. Thanks
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont