Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 804
  1. #76
    Extraordinary Member Caivu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    8,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Anyone who believes this croc of crap should stop reading dc comics. Tum Drake from will not die. Hes important in Detetive comics. The tim from beyond? Sure. after all terry is coming back
    Just because he dies doesn't mean he's not important. A page or two ago I put together an outline for a story that could use Tim's death (and subsequent resurrection) as a major turning point in Rebirth. Again, this is totally speculative.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

    Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow



    Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

  2. #77
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    6,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I suggest that Tim chokes to death on a bowl of cream-o'-wheat and stays dead FOREVER>
    Same here! I feel the exact same way, except it's Harper Row that I want to die.

    Seriously, I don't understand all this animosity towards guys like Tim and Kyle Rayner when there's way worse characters out there. Like the Deadly Duo of Harper and Duke Thomas, the worst Bat-Family characters in years. They're the ones who deserve the hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Just because he dies doesn't mean he's not important. A page or two ago I put together an outline for a story that could use Tim's death (and subsequent resurrection) as a major turning point in Rebirth. Again, this is totally speculative.
    I missed that, it's a pretty damn good idea. If something like that did happen I'd like it a lot. All 4 Robins will have officially died (for at least 5 minutes ) and Tim gets to be integral to the Rebirth story, just like Wally. That would be awesome.

  3. #78
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,502

    Default

    Well he's the "heart" of 'Tec, but what does that really mean. The focus is more on Batwoman and he's kind of more her number 2. Tim's actually pretty expandable. He's still known enough to get a reaction, but doesn't really have a place like he did before nor is he really that important to anything. So he would kind of fit the bill pretty well if DC wanted a death. They have failed to really establish Red Robin or Tim beyond his time as Robin, and while 'Tec is writing a Tim thats not awful for the first time in a while, its not really elevating his status or the status of Red Robin. If anything its reverted Tim and made Red Robin more of a Robin contemporary. He went from trying to be Nightwing to trying to be Robin again. But they already have Damian, and now they also have Duke, so really where does that leave Tim. Not saying they should kill him, but the position that he's in currently does kind of make him rather suitable for it.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-23-2016 at 09:25 PM.

  4. #79
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    6,150

    Default

    When saying that "Tim is redundant because of Duke Thomas" it's important to consider that almost no one actually likes Duke. He's derivative and gives readers little reason to care about him. We Are Robin was a bomb and even with his other appearances and inclusion in 2 major books at the moment, almost no one cares about him. Yes, he has his fans. But not many. Even with his role in All Star Batman, I don't think he'll catch on. Snyder is talented but he sucks at writing new characters. I think Snyder will desperately try and make Duke interesting, and his efforts will fall flat constantly. And the Power Ranger costume doesn't help.

    The vast majority of Batman characters have a future. Damian, Steph, Cass, even freaking Clayface. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Duke and Harper are just killing time before the writers are as sick of them as we are.

  5. #80
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    Tim isnt redundant, he has a great skillset and upbringing. The whole problem lies on the fact that he has been terribly written until Detective. The problem has been the inhability or unwillingness to give him to a good writer that cares about him for like 5 years.

  6. #81
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Same here! I feel the exact same way, except it's Harper Row that I want to die.

    Seriously, I don't understand all this animosity towards guys like Tim and Kyle Rayner when there's way worse characters out there. Like the Deadly Duo of Harper and Duke Thomas, the worst Bat-Family characters in years. They're the ones who deserve the hate.
    It is straight up disgusting to see you say something like this. To see anyone, for that matter. Like, I can't at this selfish hypocrisy. The very fact that you say this almost begs for Tim to be offed as punishment.

    You need to chill, I think, at least with the hate. Your not the only one, either. The die hard Harper and Duke haters need to collectively take a cold shower or something.

  7. #82
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Same here! I feel the exact same way, except it's Harper Row that I want to die.

    Seriously, I don't understand all this animosity towards guys like Tim and Kyle Rayner when there's way worse characters out there. Like the Deadly Duo of Harper and Duke Thomas, the worst Bat-Family characters in years. They're the ones who deserve the hate.
    Wouldn't that been seen as both Sexist and Racist at the same time and may make bad PR for DC comics who is trying to diverse their comics a bit ?

  8. #83
    Incredible Member SicariiDC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Murda Mass
    Posts
    847

    Default

    I really don't understand what the hate is about

    As for the op, if it did happen...every Robin dying at some point...it could be something larger. Like of course they all died, u have skilled, but very young adolescent boys on the street fighting crime. It won't happen, but it would be a good opportunity for Bruce to just scale down and go at it solo for a while. Call dick or Kate in for a few things, but idk...just typing as I think
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

  9. #84
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,467

    Default

    meh too many robins anyway
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  10. #85
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    6,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Wouldn't that been seen as both Sexist and Racist at the same time and may make bad PR for DC comics who is trying to diverse their comics a bit ?
    If the only reason to keep those 2 characters around is diversity, the Bat-Family was already diverse before those 2 bland characters were created. Batwoman, Barbara Gordon, Steph, Cass, Batwing, Damian is half Arab. I like all of them, they're distinct and bring something unique to the Bat-Family. And getting rid of Duke and Harper, who are both extremely derivative of more popular characters, and make other members of the Bat-Family look bad by comparison, shouldn't be seen as anything besides an understandable creative decision. Most fans don't care for them, the Bat-Family is bloated, and I doubt many people would even notice if they never appeared in another comic ever again.

    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    It is straight up disgusting to see you say something like this. To see anyone, for that matter. Like, I can't at this selfish hypocrisy. The very fact that you say this almost begs for Tim to be offed as punishment.

    You need to chill, I think, at least with the hate. Your not the only one, either. The die hard Harper and Duke haters need to collectively take a cold shower or something.
    Hey, I'm not the one who said Tim Drake should choke to death and stay dead forever.

  11. #86
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    You need to chill, I think, at least with the hate. Your not the only one, either. The die hard Harper and Duke haters need to collectively take a cold shower or something.
    I dont hate the characters, i hate having to read them because they happen to be in batbooks. Give them their own publication or something, just keep them away from otherwise enjoyable stories.

  12. #87
    Amazing Member InfamousBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Tim better not be going anywhere. He is a great character and has always been a great Robin.
    DC: Batman, Detective Comics, The Flash, Superman, Adventure Comics, Justice League, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Hawkman
    MARVEL: Avengers, Daredevil, The Punisher, Amazing Spider-Man, Astonishing X-Men, X Men Gold, X Men Red, Captain America, Fantastic Four

    DC needs to bring back the original JSA
    .

  13. #88
    Incredible Member SicariiDC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Murda Mass
    Posts
    847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    meh too many robins anyway
    Kinda. But I've come to love Tim, he's come along way from his petulant, worrisome Robin to a confident young adult.
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

  14. #89
    Amazing Member InfamousBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    Kinda. But I've come to love Tim, he's come along way from his petulant, worrisome Robin to a confident young adult.
    You are right. Tim has come a very long way. Tim was actually Robin longer than Jason Todd was (I love Jason Todd).
    DC: Batman, Detective Comics, The Flash, Superman, Adventure Comics, Justice League, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Hawkman
    MARVEL: Avengers, Daredevil, The Punisher, Amazing Spider-Man, Astonishing X-Men, X Men Gold, X Men Red, Captain America, Fantastic Four

    DC needs to bring back the original JSA
    .

  15. #90
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    He was petulant and arrogant?
    Like, the kid was kind of a jerk, due to being well trained and 90% of the times the smartest person in the room. But he was never petulant or arrogant, damian is the petulant and arrogant robin actually, it was basically his entire character when introduced.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •