Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lhynn View Post
    He was petulant and arrogant?
    Like, the kid was kind of a jerk, due to being well trained and 90% of the times the smartest person in the room. But he was never petulant or arrogant, damian is the petulant and arrogant robin actually, it was basically his entire character when introduced.
    Did I say arrogant? Don't think I did. He went from questioning and worrying about Batman's every move in knightfall ("do u really think we can stop them?" "Are u sure u don't need rest?" "This was a dumb move") to the more CONFIDENT character he is today .
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

BANNED

Considering how knightfall ended... id say he was right in being worried, if those ended up being baseless worries itd be one thing, but batman ended up broken due to this.

BANNED

Has anyone seen the variant cover for Tec#940 and read it's solicit? ominous
    http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articl...r/1100-155874/

Yeah, I don't hate Duke or Harper, and also don't believe in "redundant" characters. A character is only redundant if nobody likes them and they can't sell books. The Tim that carried a solo for years is still there, and we're seeing that character for the first time in years.

Thanks to rebirth and 'TEC in particular I am buying 6+ DC Comics per month for the first time in years. Killing Tim would just totally destroy any enthusiasm I have for DC, and I'd likely just go back to waiting for trades on select few series.

Still though, I find it really hard to believe that Tynion would sign up to kill his favorite character.
    Last edited by WhipWhirlwind; 07-27-2016 at 05:54 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    Yeah, I don't hate Duke or Harper, and also don't believe in "redundant" characters. A character is only redundant if nobody likes them and they can't sell books. The Tim that carried a solo for years is still there, and we're seeing that character for the first time in years.

Thanks to rebirth and 'TEC in particular I am buying 6+ DC Comics per month for the first time in years. Killing Tim would just totally destroy any enthusiasm I have for DC, and I'd likely just go back to waiting for trades on select few series.

Still though, I find it really hard to believe that Tynion would sign up to kill his favorite character.
    Maybe he'll return as the chosen one and DC will use the opportunity to launch a solo series?

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Maybe he'll return as the chosen one and DC will use the opportunity to launch a solo series?
    What do you mean by the chosen one? I just don't think the character needs some bold new direction ,he just needs to be Tim Drake, in gotham, with his family back. Put him back in the original batman meets 60s spider-man status quo and he'll sell.

BANNED

[QUOTE=WhipWhirlwind;2194929]What do you mean by the chosen one? I just don't think the character needs some bold new direction ,he just needs to be Tim Drake, in gotham, with his family back. Put him back in the original batman meets 60s spider

I was making fun of Jason and Damian's resurrections, the former was resurrected by Talia to be the chosen one or something according to Tynion and the latter was resurrected by the Omega Effect over Thomas and Martha Wayne.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Death in comics have become so boring. Another dead Robin, really?!?
    Thought with Rebirth these kind of things should be overtake for a while

BANNED

If Tim dies, that just means they have bigger plans for him down the road. Like you said, Tynion would never have signed up for this if he felt like Tim would be screwed over. He's as big a fan of the character there is. Yeah killing characters just to bring them back right away is dumb and overdone, but if you want the character to gain some popularity and relevance, his death/resurrection will probably do more bad for him than good.

And based on your description of redundant, I think Harper Row qualifies. Even most of her defenders think her character is just meh.

You could still find something to do with her though.

When she first was introduced I (and many others) thought she would be a reboot of sorts for the Harold character. I think that would have been great.

BANNED

You could still find something to do with her though.

When she first was introduced I (and many others) thought she would be a reboot of sorts for the Harold character. I think that would have been great.
    Anything would be better than what they've done with her so far. That scene where Bruce said she was better than all the Robins is one of the few moments in comics that made me feel legitimate rage. Even the New 52 Titans books didn't make me as angry as that.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Has anyone seen the variant cover for Tec#940 and read it's solicit? ominous
    http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articl...r/1100-155874/
    That cover kinda hit me. Damn. Not Tim...
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    That cover kinda hit me. Damn. Not Tim...
    Oh man, it's true isn't it? I didn't think a comic book death would have any effect on me, since they're so quickly reversed. But now I'm not so sure about that.

It'd be ballsy. I didn't think Tynion had it in him to do something like that, we'll see i guess.

BANNED

Dan finally kills a Robin.