Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default SDCC: "Injustice 2" Unleashes New Footage, Characters

The sequel won't be in stores until next year, but fans at Comic-Con get an early look at the game as NetherRealm unveils new playable DC characters.

Full article here.

Did I miss the second announcement? I only see Blue Beetle that wasn't already confirmed.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

So what's the story with this sequel and where does it take place in on the timeline ?

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Did I miss the second announcement? I only see Blue Beetle that wasn't already confirmed.
    The second reveal was Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-22-2016 at 01:48 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

NRS still can't do female faces. Wonder Woman looks awful. Jamie looks unusually bulky.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    So what's the story with this sequel and where does it take place in on the timeline ?
    After the first game, Regime Superman appears to have broken out of captivity and allies with characters sympathetic to his cause of reviving the Regime, whilst Insurgency Batman does the same, but apparently something else is happening in the shadows. No indication yet whether the Prime Universe is involved in this game yet.

Also love Grodd and Diana's dialogue!

Wonder Woman: Your mindtricks won't harm me.
    Grodd: Then I'll rely on brute strength...
    Wonder Woman: (Smirk) Did I mention I'm a Amazon?

BANNED

Oh man, you can use a power-up to turn Supergirl into Powergirl for a time, that's awesome! I'm sure there will be something similar with whatever Green Lantern they use.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    After the first game, Regime Superman appears to have broken out of captivity and allies with characters sympathetic to his cause of reviving the Regime, whilst Insurgency Batman does the same, but apparently something else is happening in the shadows. No indication yet whether the Prime Universe is involved in this game yet.

Also love Grodd and Diana's dialogue!

Wonder Woman: Your mindtricks won't harm me.
    Grodd: Then I'll rely on brute strength...
    Wonder Woman: (Smirk) Did I mention I'm a Amazon?
    I hope time travel is involved in the story so characters who are dead in the Injustice universe (like Nightwing) can still be playable. Like, the story involves using time travel to stop the Regime future. Terminator/Days of Future Past style.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Oh man, you can use a power-up to turn Supergirl into Powergirl for a time, that's awesome! I'm sure there will be something similar with whatever Green Lantern they use.
    I think they meant that wearing certain armour - or possibly an alternate costume - gives Supergirl a Power Girl appearance, and hopefully some voice differences.

In any case Blue Beetle probably suits the gear system better than any character so far and he does look pretty badass! Dialogue in the trailer also confirms that he's on Batman's side and Wonder Woman is still with Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I am just thinking she gets that power up and just immediately grows several years older... and her chest pops out of her suit...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The second reveal was Wonder Woman.
    Thanks! I forgot she wasn't announced yet.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Thanks! I forgot she wasn't announced yet.
    I think thanks to a T-Shirt we always knew she was coming, along with Blue Beetle, Harley Quinn and Flash.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    NRS still can't do female faces. Wonder Woman looks awful. Jamie looks unusually bulky.
    The weird thing is that they CAN. Kitana? Sonya? Jade? Even Sheeva looks pretty good in the MK games.

It seems like they either don't try as hard with non-MK characters, or their skills are so specialized that they just don't work as well on other characters.

Either way, I certainly hope this is rough work and they'll use the next year to polish their looks somewhat.

The gameplay certainly looks good, at least.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

They've got until March of next year so good amount of time to give some polish, but you also have to remember there's going to be twenty eight characters at launch.

I am a little worried that Scorpion was apparently the most popular DLC addition in Injustice because I thought his inclusion was a waste of a spot and unfair for people who had no idea he'd be in the Season Pass. NR did at least include Martian Manhunter and Zatanna later mind (and I hope they're both back somewhere, Batgirl too!). But if NR could tell us who'll be in the Season Pass this time, or at least use some more logical guest characters like the Watchmen, that'll be better.

I'm so hyped for Blue Beetle!! I'm not surprised he's on Batman's side though. It makes sense!