Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by heyevaxx View Post
    I just re-read (really an additional skim after several reads) JLE and Kasumi/Cass *never* kisses Ollie.

Cassandra kisses Coldcast in Justice League Elite 09 2005-05 on page 15. It's more of a loving kiss than a passionate one but it's a kiss on the lips with Coldcast, NOT Ollie.

This Batgirl/GA kiss picture is FANART and is not canonical. The image is definitely done in the style of BatO v2-04 when Cass and Ollie had a frenemy fight in the jungle. Cass did have her mask torn but they NEVER kissed.

Can anyone post the full comic book page that this Batgirl/GA kiss image is from?

Can anyone post the title, issue, date for this Batgirl/GA kiss image?

No?

Then the Batgirl/GA kiss didn't happen.

PS -

This. Times a million for me.

And about the reference to Batman and Catwoman having sex on page at the start of her New52 series, that was all kind of wrong to this huge Bat&Cat fan. But it was far, far more reasonable than Bruce and Babs IMO. This is my opinion and others will feel differently I'm sure.
    I'm a Bat/Cat fan and have no issue in principle to Bruce and Selina doing the hanky panky. The problem with that scene was how it was portrayed and the obvious power dynamic difference. It didn't look or feel "sexy" just awkward and off-putting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Babs is not Bruce's student though
    In fact when she was initially introduced she was a lot closer to Bruce's age than any of the Robins
    She became Batgirl on her own and wasn't fostered by him like a Robin
    Methinks you are unconsciously infantalizing Babs in a way which is no doubt due to her never really being presented as a real partner to him like you always saw in BTAS and TNBA
    In post-Crisis continuity (which is the one on which TKJ comic was set) the age difference between Babs and Bruce was about 10 years, which is really not that big a deal. That said, I always thought the idea of a Batman/Batgirl romance seemed like a bad idea simply because, as someone who knows Bruce as well as she does and is as smart as she is, I always felt like Babs should be able to see from a mile away how doomed any relationship with would inevitable be.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

You know, when I first heard about the idea of Batgirl and Batman being a couple in Batman Beyond, I was completely disgusted with it. I mean honestly there's a 10 to 15 year difference between the two.
    Bruce Timm is trying way too hard to have batman be effected by Batgirl getting shot. In the comic it was already important to Batman because she was a close friend and ally. This change was unnecessary.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    A newly revealed scene from "The Killing Joke" depicts an unexpected romantic encounter between Batman and Batgirl.

Full article here.
    It's not romance, it's pure lust - poor Batgirl, had a (unnecessary) sex encounter with Batman which was regretted later, then being shot by the Joker. I feel sorry that the writers screwed her character. Better save my money for other movies.
    Last edited by zebracross; 07-23-2016 at 07:03 PM.

And about the reference to Batman and Catwoman having sex on page at the start of her New52 series, that was all kind of wrong to this huge Bat&Cat fan. But it was far, far more reasonable than Bruce and Babs IMO. This is my opinion and others will feel differently I'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'm a Bat/Cat fan and have no issue in principle to Bruce and Selina doing the hanky panky. The problem with that scene was how it was portrayed and the obvious power dynamic difference. It didn't look or feel "sexy" just awkward and off-putting.
    I agree with you. In fact, Bruce and Selina have slept together over the years but it was usually implied or obvious without being drawn. But the Catwoman #1 was so weird since she didn't know Batman's identity and was being edgy and risky. It wasn't the confident, savvy woman from the bronze age until the Pre52.

But the Killing Joke is... ugh. I couldn't imagine the movie making the comic even more demeaning to Babs. But they did it which is disappointing.

And this train wreck continues...

The Killing Joke Q&A From The San Diego Screening
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/...ego-screening/
    Last edited by heyevaxx; 07-23-2016 at 06:26 PM.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    It happened back on Batman and the Outsiders #4 (post Infinite Crisis).

Ollie has always been a dog though. Count the times he's cheated on Black Canary. His relationship with Shado, and the bastard child he fathered with her. Back on JLA (1997 run) Ollie was trying to get into Hawkgril (Kendra) and Faith's pants. Kendra who was doubling on the JLA and JSA at the time, said that she was going to tell Dinah as soon as she got back to the JSA. Look at Ollie on the tv series Arrow. Dude can't keep it in his pants to save his life.

It's pretty funny when you think about it.
    See this is why I hate the idea of having Male Super Hero's have more than one love interest. Like you said Green Arrow is such an ******* who is not only man whore, but a dead beat dad as well. Luke Cage also tried to have countless women have sex with him. Hell, even my favorite super hero DareDevil cheated on Milla (his ex-wife) while she was in the mental hospital. I want to love these heroes but I can't take how badly some writers handle them. I wished they would stay married, because if they did, they wouldn't end up like Spider-Man because he never had a good love interest since MJ.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

That addition sucks.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    In post-Crisis continuity (which is the one on which TKJ comic was set) the age difference between Babs and Bruce was about 10 years, which is really not that big a deal. That said, I always thought the idea of a Batman/Batgirl romance seemed like a bad idea simply because, as someone who knows Bruce as well as she does and is as smart as she is, I always felt like Babs should be able to see from a mile away how doomed any relationship with would inevitable be.
    I don't think TKJ was set in post crisis continuity when it was written in fact it was sort of just adopted into continuity because it was so popular.
    Babs is a librarian which is an occupation she had pre crisis not post crisis
    In any case she's long been retired as Batgirl

If Babs had a choice I'm sure she'd take the sex with Batman over getting shot any day of the week

see this is why I've always thought it would be a bad idea to make a killing joke animated movie. The story is too damn short, I knew they'd have to add a bunch of unessessary filler.

and now this clip has entirely new meaning

Bruce has a lolita complex
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I don't think TKJ was set in post crisis continuity when it was written in fact it was sort of just adopted into continuity because it was so popular.
    Babs is a librarian which is an occupation she had pre crisis not post crisis
    In any case she's long been retired as Batgirl

If Babs had a choice I'm sure she'd take the sex with Batman over getting shot any day of the week
    The story wasn't originally in continuity, but it was still using the basic parameters in which the character existed at the time, as opposed to an Elseworlds story like Gotham by Gaslight. Barbara worked as a librarian in both pre and post-Crisis continuity.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    and now this clip has entirely new meaning

Bruce has a lolita complex
    Oh it gets so much worse in the Batman Beyond comics:

http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-conte...b9-600x461.jpg

Just, WTH?

I'm not outraged, but my idealistic Batman isn't screwing Barbara, let alone attracted to her. Personally I'm just not a fan of a guy around Bruce's age getting that involved with someone around 15+ years younger. I'll still watch the film, but this might leave a bad taste in my mouth. I wonder why Bruce Timm really wants to make them a thing in his universe.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 07-24-2016 at 12:13 AM.

Fantastic Member

I agree with you. In fact, Bruce and Selina have slept together over the years but it was usually implied or obvious without being drawn. But the Catwoman #1 was so weird since she didn't know Batman's identity and was being edgy and risky. It wasn't the confident, savvy woman from the bronze age until the Pre52.

But the Killing Joke is... ugh. I couldn't imagine the movie making the comic even more demeaning to Babs. But they did it which is disappointing.

And this train wreck continues...

The Killing Joke Q&A From The San Diego Screening
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/...ego-screening/
    As someone who has seen the movie that is exactly what they did to Barbera and they included a gay coworker librarian who is an annoying stereotype. Basically she and batman hunt a criminal who is attracted to Batgirl batman tells her to sit it out and she rebels and argues with batman ending in the love scene ....He ignores her aftwrwards and she acts like a crazed jilted lover....then the actual killing joke story starts...the extra story added as filler in the beggining didn't make me care about Batgirl or Barbera any more then before...and the animation isn't the best quality either...I still do not understand how all these creative people get together and thought this crap was good.

EDIT: Deleted.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 07-24-2016 at 03:12 AM.