Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default SDCC: Superman's Rebirth Takes Flight

The super-teams of Pat Gleason, Dan Jurgens, Tyler Kirkham, and Peter Tomasi reveal what's coming for the Man of Steel and his family.

Full article here.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

And of course nobody addressed the elephant in the room: The fate of the New 52 Superman. Because god forbid they should force them to account for throwing out the previous version like it's no big deal. This is getting to be like Joe Quesada and the Spider-marriage. A no-go area.
    Last edited by superduperman; 07-22-2016 at 06:18 PM.
    Assassinate Putin!

Back for noon feeding The Shredder's Avatar

On the topic of the restored Lois and Clark marriage, Jurgens noted that Lois and Superman had been connected since "Action" #1, but with the New 52, "not only were they not married, but they didn't even have that connection." When he wrote several issues early in the New 52 run, Jurgens said "I felt that absence, I think we all felt it."
    Yeah, the absence was noticeable, especially in contrast to the decades of material from the Superman line just prior to the New52 thing. Guess creating a very minor character (in the form of Jon Carroll) to c**kblock New52Superman with Lois right from the jump was pretty much all that needed to be said with Lois & Clark in the New52 era.

All's well that ends well.

Meh. What I noticed was her absence altogether. That was bad. Them not being in a relationship though? Didn't affect me one bit, and imo didn't adversely affect the stories one bit. Her not being around to snuff to her proper main supporting role, that was the problem. When she was around in a suitable capacity, they did have a connection. Just not a romantic one. So Jurgens is bending the facts of the era to fit his argument to a degree.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-22-2016 at 05:56 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Decent panel overall. Looking forward to the upcoming stories in the Super-books.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Meh. What I noticed was her absence altogether. That was bad. Them not being in a relationship though? Didn't affect me one bit, and imo didn't adversely affect the stories one bit. Her not being around to snuff to her proper main supporting role, that was the problem. When she was around in a suitable capacity, they did have a connection. Just not a romantic one. So Jurgens is bending the facts of the era to fit his argument to a degree.
    The real problem was when it was decided to make Superman/Wonder Woman the power couple of the New52. That and Greg Pak writing Lana Lang as the Greatest Lois Lane That Never Was, really pushed NuLois to the point of irrelevancy. "Truth" sure as hell didn't help things.

Doomsday's ability to hone in on Kryptonians will cause trouble for Super-family. "He's located another Kryptonian on Earth," Jurgens said, "and that is actually Jon." The fight comes to the farm, placing Superman's wife and son in danger.
    Of course it does.

*Head thud on desk*

They couldn't possibly write a story about Superman where SuperJon isn't heavily involved.

*Second head thud*

I hate DC Comics now.

Totally ruined for me.

Bring back new52 Superman!

Toss SuperJon into the Phantom Zone!

Looking forward to seeing Lois in a big role in the Superman books again .

I didn't expect Super-Man was something DC came to Yang with instead of the other way around (has that been said before), but I'm still really interested to see where that series goes after the solid start with issue #1. His thought process behind taking the concept of Superman and applying it to China and using a Journey of the West-style story to tell it all sounds really cool and intriguing .

No plans for Jon in Teen Titans...but what about Super-Sons ?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    Of course it does.

*Head thud on desk*

They couldn't possibly write a story about Superman where SuperJon isn't heavily involved.
    Superdad's whole point is to protect his family/Jon.

Thumbs up

Bah.. I lost the time with N52, no with superman, Unfortunately superman is this("Modernize" the character was a mistake), super dad.. DAMN Post-Crisis..

Superdad trustworthy? HA.. They believe all the world will accept him.. after repeat the same error of the post-crisis era.

DC is like the anti-new 52 fans.
    Last edited by adrikito; 07-23-2016 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    The real problem was when it was decided to make Superman/Wonder Woman the power couple of the New52. That and Greg Pak writing Lana Lang as the Greatest Lois Lane That Never Was, really pushed NuLois to the point of irrelevancy. "Truth" sure as hell didn't help things.
    Nah, that wasn't a problem either. It was pretty popular and made DC money (still does today with merchandising). Neither was it a problem that Pak decided to give Lana some play. There's room for a lot of things in Superman's mythos; other females getting panel time was not an issue. The only problem was that Lois wasn't at the same time. That's it. Truth tried to push her back in with a storyline that, in theory, was quite intriguing. But its execution fell totally flat.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

goodness, nothing of Johnnhhhn in TT for now.. I can see the first 10 numbers without problem.

But, exist people supporting this idea.... BAD THING... It seems the people never appreciate enough KON-EL.. They prefer that child.

Nah, that wasn't a problem either. It was pretty popular and made DC money (still does today with merchandising)..
    I do not know what to say.. But I think a smart fan(of N52) never should support this character... He should stay with their previous fans and DC see that nothing has changed... Only he.... can return...

Why not the first Superman? A more serious character.. Why he again?
    Last edited by adrikito; 07-23-2016 at 06:23 AM.

Incredible Member

Nah, that wasn't a problem either. It was pretty popular and made DC money (still does today with merchandising). Neither was it a problem that Pak decided to give Lana some play. There's room for a lot of things in Superman's mythos; other females getting panel time was not an issue. The only problem was that Lois wasn't at the same time. That's it. Truth tried to push her back in with a storyline that, in theory, was quite intriguing. But its execution fell totally flat.
    I meant that the "problem" was that these developments had pushed Lois out of her traditional role in the mythos..... "Superman's Girlfriend / Galpal / Future Wife that had crazy adventures with him.... All editorial seemed to do was place her behind a desk at The Planet out of sight, out of mind. Then " Truth" comes along to make her look bad IMHO.

Incredible Member

And all this obsessive hatred for the Kid and the family dynamic..... Is starting to feel weird.... I mean take the ride or not....

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    And of course nobody addressed the elephant in the room: The fate of the New 52 Superman. Because god forbid they should force them to account for throwing out the previous version like it's no big deal. This is getting to be like Joe Quesada and the Spider-marriage. A no-go area.
    Yeah, I emotionally invested pretty heavily in the new-52 Superman. His death was pretty devastating, but the glimmer of a blue handprint keeps hope alive. The downside: the longer this plot point remains unresolved, the more difficult it will be to reawaken those feelings for him.