Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Strange. I rarely encountered the problems you describe when playing Diana. She's one of my best characters in Injustice. My friends all groan every time I select her in VS fights.

I rarely got zoned. I would just execute a series of jumps to avoid projectiles, and then I'd make close quarters attacks. The Lasso? I preferred it to the sword, honestly. I had one combo with it that was my bread and butter. The dodging issue was a problem, I won't deny.

The lack of full screen presence was annoying, but I'm really good at getting into range to make my attacks work. Still, it's good to hear that she will have full screen reach this time.
    Most of Wonder Woman's losing match ups were to characters who could zone her out. It's been a while but I believe they were Zod, Sinestro, MMH (on certain stages), Lex and maybe Aquaman. She struggled with the latter two because of their traits negating her ability to start her offense in addition to the range on their normals and zoning ability. Jumping was not an option at all against the first 3, who also had very annoying traits to deal with. Her lack of full screen presence and difficulty getting past their zoning allowed their traits to (re)charge pretty easily as well.

She did fine against the rest of the cast and even beat some zoning characters like Deathstroke and Zatanna. It just required a lot of patience and it could be very frustrating at times. She was a very solid character, possibly even top 10. I wouldn't mind her having more range options and the ability to reflect projectiles. I hope she doesn't lose her great lasso normals and combo starters.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I ended up playing a lot of Zod Ball abusers, Superman lazers, and the accursed Deathstroke gunners. SOooooooooooooooooo glad she will be able to return their fire now.

I loved shield stance for bulldogging Batman players. However, the immutability of his Jumping Triangle attach has resulted in many a broken controller.
    Same here. Her pressure was so good that people would usually counter pick with characters who could zone. That's why I picked up Zatanna, though she was no help against MMH or Aquaman. I should have worked on Batgirl too.

Hehe, Batman could be so frustrating. Her down 2 in lasso stance was god like. It was pretty easy to anti air jump happy Batmen because the lasso would hit behind her too. He could keep her out pretty well though. So frustrating, but also a really fun match up at times.

Quote Originally Posted by fong03 View Post
    Same here. Her pressure was so good that people would usually counter pick with characters who could zone. That's why I picked up Zatanna, though she was no help against MMH or Aquaman. I should have worked on Batgirl too.

Hehe, Batman could be so frustrating. Her down 2 in lasso stance was god like. It was pretty easy to anti air jump happy Batmen because the lasso would hit behind her too. He could keep her out pretty well though. So frustrating, but also a really fun match up at times.
    Just seeing the name Martian Manhunter makes me want to throw stuff. I never understood the term 'broken till I played one of those.

Most of Wonder Woman's losing match ups were to characters who could zone her out. It's been a while but I believe they were Zod, Sinestro, MMH (on certain stages), Lex and maybe Aquaman. She struggled with the latter two because of their traits negating her ability to start her offense in addition to the range on their normals and zoning ability. Jumping was not an option at all against the first 3, who also had very annoying traits to deal with. Her lack of full screen presence and difficulty getting past their zoning allowed their traits to (re)charge pretty easily as well.

She did fine against the rest of the cast and even beat some zoning characters like Deathstroke and Zatanna. It just required a lot of patience and it could be very frustrating at times. She was a very solid character, possibly even top 10. I wouldn't mind her having more range options and the ability to reflect projectiles. I hope she doesn't lose her great lasso normals and combo starters.
    Honestly, if her bracelets returned enemy fire she would have been manageable.

I have been combing the Internet and YouTube for news of INJUSTICE and WW in particular (it had been strangely quiet) and it looks like the release date of the game may be denied. It also seems that Wonder Woman's combat will be focused largely on Sword and Shield and they are removing her formerly great mobility. She no longer starts the match with her flight and high damage. Instead they will be accessed randomly through her trait ("For the Goddddddddddddddddddddddssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss" she kept saying in the YouTube clip). Not super happy about that. If they ported her the way she was but merely fixed the range on her tiara, lasso grab (as well as giving it a true containment function--don't understand how that was missed with her given the iconic nature of the lasso and its countless instances of being used to immobilize folks be they mortal, beast or divine), and gave her a true reflect/deflect for her bracelets I would be a happy camper.

Hopefully the faces get done right cause ugh Diana. Also, I hope they don't use such a nordic looking straight nose but it's just a little tiny feature. I always pictured Diana either have a nose looking like Gal Gadot's or like this:

http://cdn.hitfix.com/photos/3017017...to_gallery.jpg

That aside, I'm sad we have to wait till December 31st 2017 for this game but hyped up too.
    Last edited by Troian; 11-01-2016 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    Hopefully the faces get done right cause ugh Diana. Also, I hope they don't use such a nordic looking straight nose but it's just a little tiny feature. I always pictured Diana either have a nose looking like Gal Gadot's or like this:

http://cdn.hitfix.com/photos/3017017...to_gallery.jpg

That aside, I'm sad we have to wait till December 31st 2017 for this game but hyped up too.
    That's just a placeholder date for a release until the official one is released. Most likely we'll get the game between March-May aka Spring 2017. News has been awfully quiet lately and we only have 11 characters our of 28 officially revealed so I'd expect a late Spring release
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    That's just a placeholder date for a release until the official one is released. Most likely we'll get the game between March-May aka Spring 2017. News has been awfully quiet lately and we only have 11 characters our of 28 officially revealed so I'd expect a late Spring release
    Oh I see. Hopefully Spring 2017.