Page 163 of 218 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3266

I didn't get my copy as my LCS was sold out. Sad pandas for me.

BUT.... I am really enthused about Cho's name being Brawn now. It was pointed out to me by another reader that its application is a fun play on the phrase "Brains before.." which feels approp for a guy like Cho who is both brilliant and (now) so strong.

BANNED

it seems that the visions are there just to get wrecked in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Well, he's already died twice. Once, when he was changed from being organic to an android. Again, when Viv's mom destroyed him. Good thing about a robot dog is it can be repaired.
    He was actually fixed using magic, thanks to Wanda. If Ultron destroys him he won't be fixed again. It'd go against what Vision said about himself in this issue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    When Ben Reilly dies then Miles can have his name.
    What about Ben Parker?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Well, he's already died twice. Once, when he was changed from being organic to an android. Again, when Viv's mom destroyed him. Good thing about a robot dog is it can be repaired.
    Yeah, not every Superhero dog can be as invulnerable as Krypto .
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    When Ben Reilly dies then Miles can have his name.
    His costume doesn't have enough red in it to justify calling him the Scarlet Spider in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    BUT.... I am really enthused about Cho's name being Brawn now. It was pointed out to me by another reader that its application is a fun play on the phrase "Brains before.." which feels approp for a guy like Cho who is both brilliant and (now) so strong.
    I figured that out as well, but I still think it's kind of a weak name, especially when Cho usually leans towards his brains and his strength isn't what it used to be.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I love the rebranding of young legacy heroes. It is an important step to prevent them from disappearing into limbo so I really like the attempt at making these characters into their own unique thing. I don't think the Brawn name fits Cho but it is probably hard to think up a name that ties into intelligence and strength but it is not horrible but I don't think it is that catchy. When I first saw Ironheart new design I didn't like but seeing it colored makes me appreciate it a little more I think it is still a little too busy but over time it will probably get simplified.

More on the rebranding I hope Miles at some point gets a new name as well (I like him using Scarlet Spider) but Spiderman branding is so strong it worth the downside that comes along with it.
    Except this completely miss the entire purpose behind Miles Morales. Why do you think the movie for miles is called Spider Man? Miles Morales was brought in because a black man wanted to be spider man but couldn't (aka Donald Glover.) Bendis saw this, and came up with his own Spider Man so that POC's can be spider man too. Changing the name completely removes what was a huge reason why he was so popular, which is that POC's could be spide rman too. That's what Marvel isn't getting, they are changing their characters to appease classic fans who many don't care about the characters to begin with, instead of focusing on the fans who brought these characters into popularity to begin with. And it's this move that IMO will be their undoing.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I figured that out as well, but I still think it's kind of a weak name, especially when Cho usually leans towards his brains and his strength isn't what it used to be.
    Will he need to lean on his Brains when he has Maddy to do that for him?

Yeah. She's nearly as clever as he is (and likes to think she's smarter because she's more level headed), I can imagine she came up with the name. They're Brains and Brawn. That would be a good name for a comic!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. She's nearly as clever as he is (and likes to think she's smarter because she's more level headed), I can imagine she came up with the name. They're Brains and Brawn. That would be a good name for a comic!
    HEH!

Good one!
    Pull List: Currently Empty

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Except this completely miss the entire purpose behind Miles Morales. Why do you think the movie for miles is called Spider Man? Miles Morales was brought in because a black man wanted to be spider man but couldn't (aka Donald Glover.) Bendis saw this, and came up with his own Spider Man so that POC's can be spider man too. Changing the name completely removes what was a huge reason why he was so popular, which is that POC's could be spide rman too. That's what Marvel isn't getting, they are changing their characters to appease classic fans who many don't care about the characters to begin with, instead of focusing on the fans who brought these characters into popularity to begin with. And it's this move that IMO will be their undoing.
    Marvel will not rename Miles.

The most you might see is a relaunched book with Miles Morales: Spider-Man as the title, echoing Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man.

But Marvel is committed to Miles being Spider-Man. You won't see that change.

I think Miles' book will remain adjectiveless. After all, the annual doesn't use a prefix, they put "Starring Miles Morales!" in the solicit instead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think Miles' book will remain adjectiveless. After all, the annual doesn't use a prefix, they put "Starring Miles Morales!" in the solicit instead.
    I think it'll remain adjectiveless, too. I just think that would be the only change they'd eventually make, if at all. They're definitely not giving him a different code name.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Marvel will not rename Miles.

The most you might see is a relaunched book with Miles Morales: Spider-Man as the title, echoing Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man.

But Marvel is committed to Miles being Spider-Man. You won't see that change.
    I agree as well, the fact that he's coming out with his own movie with Spider Man as his name helps this. So I personally believe characters like Kamala and Miles are safe. Ironheart started out with a different name so she doesn't have to worry much there. But the damage has already been done for characters like "Brawn". After all, no one likes when minorities are among the strongest in the MU, see Blue Marvel's disappearance for example and now Brawns nerfbat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I agree as well, the fact that he's coming out with his own movie with Spider Man as his name helps this. So I personally believe characters like Kamala and Miles are safe. Ironheart started out with a different name so she doesn't have to worry much there. But the damage has already been done for characters like "Brawn". After all, no one likes when minorities are among the strongest in the MU, see Blue Marvel's disappearance for example and now Brawns nerfbat.
    I like Brawn as a code name for Cho. I don't think it's going to hurt Cho as a character at all, if anything I think it's going to help him stick around.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I like Brawn as a code name for Cho. I don't think it's going to hurt Cho as a character at all, if anything I think it's going to help him stick around.
    It's based around the same idea as Miles, it allows someone who couldn't be a Hulk before to now feel like he's a Hulk. Now, not only is he not a Hulk, but he's been depowered. It's the second section that make things even worse, as comics in general has constantly had an issue with minority characters being in the top tier when it comes to strength. They almost always get taken off the board eventually. Cho is just a new factor to that.